A nice stat for Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MexJetinBcn, Nov 7, 2011.

1. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

I know some people are going to bash me for quoting this but, this is from a nice Post article on Sanchez

"Sanchez has now won 28 games in 2 1/2 years as the starting quarterback for the Jets, and if you’d like a point of comparison, here’s one: That’s five more than team watchdog Joe Namath had in his final seven years as a Jet."

Whole article here: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets...ot_warts_ItIpZLw14Eu47p8GBDiXzH#ixzz1d1Uoja4m

2. LWC611

LWC611 Member

The interception after a 15 play drive on the opening series was just horrendous. His response "That is just no good. I have to be better than that..." No kidding....

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It was a bad play as was dropping the shotgun snap but overall he had a very good day. he will be the best QB thios franchise has ever had when we look back after his career.

4. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

What else could he say? He knows that was an epic screw up, and he can't let that happen again.

5. reilly

reilly Member

He bounced back. What more can you ask for after that?

6. LWC611

LWC611 Member

The problem is we know he will....There is too much Farve in him.

Good point... I would rather he play as well in the first quarter as he does in the fourth quarter. If he did that there would be no need for him to bounce back.

I was going to mention that one, but I thought that would have been piling on....He needs to win more rings then Namath for that to be true.

7. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

What the fuck do you want him to say?

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

That INT was an awful decision and a terrible throw. Fortunately for us our defense was outstanding yesterday.

9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

However, I would rather he have his best moments in the 4th quarter than any other time since our D will usually keep us in games. So if the heart attack Jets are playing, let Sanchize come to life in Q4.

10. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Best line of the article and is so true for so many on this board and the typical fans and talking heads....

11. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Post anything positive about Sanchez.

Post #2 will overlook anything positive and shit on him for any single bad play.

Watch some other games sometimes. Every other QB has fuckups too. Did you see tom Brady yesterday?

Screw your 'style points', we won 27-11. It's not Madden.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm looking forward to watching Sanchez make many more of these, because it would mean that he's a really good QB that can make mistakes and not lose his job in the process.

That's kind of the definition of any good NFL QB not named Aaron Rodgers at this point.

Watching Eli throw the red zone pick last night was very entertaining as was watching him lead the game winning drive shortly thereafter.

13. Murrell2878

I just hate Red Zone turnovers. I thought Sanchez played pretty good yesterday, and on that drive I thought he was outstanding up until the INT. I love our QB but I get frustrated by mistakes inside the Red Zone.

14. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

Forget stats how is Sanchez gonna live down that body flinch when he was lined up as a wide receiver.

15. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Here's a few names that have thrown more INT's so far this season:

Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ben Roethlisberger, Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Micheal Vick, and several others.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You have to realize at this point that Sanchez has a rep, based largely on an 8 game span in his rookie season, of screwing things up. Now, he actually hasn't screwed very much up recently, certainly not moreso than almost all other good NFL QB's, but the rep lingers and so every mistake becomes another boneheaded Sanchez error.

This despite the fact that he's on pace to throw fewer Int's than all but a few QB's in NFL history who started as rookies in their third season. This despite the fact that he's observably clutch in big situations. This despite the fact that the Jets are winning with him at QB as much as they have ever won with anybody at QB.

The rep he got because he was hideously over-exposed as a raw rookie is not a new phenomenon in the NFL. Terry Bradshaw also was seen as a hindrance on the early Steeler teams he QB'd and the San Diego Chargers basically punted on Drew Brees after his third season and trapped themselves into trading him after they spent a #1 pick on a QB. Ben Roethlisberger went from fame to flop and then back to fame again when the Steelers made him the center point of the team and forgot they needed a running game alongside him.

I'm just freaking thrilled at this point that the Jets have a young QB locked up that can easily slide into that company. That's a first for me, watching a potentially great young QB win games for the Jets.

17. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

I know Sanchez threw that pick, and it baffled me so i continued to rewind the DVR and play it again in slow motion. Here is what I saw out of it:

1. Sanchez had a "Hot Hand" up until that point, he had a 10 minute drive going where the offense was clicking on all cylinders, he was trusting his recievers and it was working out beautifully.

2. On that play Sanchez had Keller who was supposed to do a double move and come out of the top of his break where the ball was thrown. Keller unfortunately ran into a wall of 2 defenders at the goaline and was forced to break off his route.

3. Sanchez let it fly, threw the ball before Keller broke, and trusted his reciever would get there. Although the pass may not have been all that accurate, he was expecting Keller to break and catch the ball. Im not taking any of the blame off of sanchez, I just think he was playing with a "hot hand", and may have let that ball fly a little early.

4. I like the confidence, Sanchez's biggest problem is infact his confidence...Once he loses that he becomes hesitant and stares down his recievers. He showed nice poise on that drive, but may have been a little overconfident, which inevitably caused the interception.

All in all I would personally take a confident Sanchez who makes a mistake or 2 a game, over the timid Sanchez who "plays not to lose", and has 10 3 and outs a game.

18. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

This is true....and I don't see it as a BAD thing either. It is just something that we fans are going to have to get used to...Favre did this his WHOLE career.....

...but he also won a shitload of games doing it......

19. Murrell2878

I hope you're not mis-reading what I'm saying. I love Sanchez, and have been thrilled with him. The one thing that I can't take from my QB however is Red Zone turnovers. That's the most important thing I want him to improve on. He has reduced his total INT's and that's great. If he can stay away from RZ turnovers and maintain a 2:1 TD:INT ratio I'll be extremely happy!

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Mistakes and INTs are going to happen, they just have to stop happening in the red zone/end zone when you're leaving points on the field.