Week 9- Jets @ Bills Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. MeanGreenfightingmachine

Yeah, except it's incorrect... He's got 5 td's and 4int's since that "3 game run" Out of 7 games he's had 5 multiple td games... Same as your QB, only, fitz did it agains stronger opponents.

2. MeanGreenfightingmachine

2/3rds of them are very beatable.

3. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

I have a feeling that Fitz is going to have a really tough time against, arguably, the best secondary in football.

4. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Here's an important stat: Fizpatrick's beard makes him look like the gay lumberjack on the Brawny paper towels. Except even gayer and skinnier.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Sure, but all but two CBs in the NFL are "very beatable". Wilson and Cro have played damn good this past month, Wilson you could say all year. If they're "on", the Bills offense is fucked methinks.

Cro shouldn't have much trouble vs a David Nelson.

6. John from Hemet

John from Hemet New Member

Hello jets fans,

Been trying to avoid posting on opposing teams boards just because our team is winning this year......

First.....congrats on getting production out of Maybin that we couldnt get....that is feather in the cap of your coaches hats. Here Maybin was so bad they wouldnt even play him on special teams. It was a shame because I supported the pick when he was drafted.

My opinions on this upcoming game

- We honestly dont know what we have on defense.....we have games where we look like we dont even know how to rush the passer and other games where we are all over them. One thing I can tell you for certain this is a bigger stronger group that does not get run on like in previous years.....I honestly am not a stat checker but dont go by them.....nobody is running on us with any type of consistancy. They have given up a few big runs but nobody is making their living on the ground like they have in previous years. Its a defense (except for the Chiefs and the Redskins game) that is not forcing punts.......lots of turnovers.

- On offense......Revis is the man but him alone will not be able to shut down our offense......what the bills will do is run spread to force you to go small to defend it taking linebackers who cannot cover off the field then run Freddie underneath it.....the in recent weeks the bills have spread the field "horizontally" rather then vertically due to lack of deep speed but Donald Jones returns this week......we dont really stretch the field anyway its mostly 3 step and fire.....slants, draws, screens.

- I will be curious to see just how much burn Brad Smith gets in this game....havint seen anybody talking about that in the back and forth between the teams fans.....Brad is really good in the wildcat and we due run that for 1st downs.....but I think the new kickoff rules really took something away from what he could bring to a team. When I heard that Maybin was going to get made a team captain I was waiting to see if Gailey responded by making Brad a team captain as well.

Anyways.....this game is important to us both.....more so for us as we are just now starting to experience some winning after what appears to be a eternity of losing. You guys have been in the AFC championship the last 2 years so winning is more of a "expectation" for you. I came into this season thinking a 9-7 season would be a total win for us......did not expect to be 5-2 but a lot of things have gone our way and its a team with good chemistry. Hope for a good game and no injuries to either team.

7. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Tell me more.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

It's not incorrect. He has 6 turnovers. Fumbles count as turnovers, I looked to see if he has any rushing td's to be fair. He doesn't.

There is something incorrect in your post though. Sanchez has 6 multi score games out of 7.

9. YoungSinema

YoungSinema Banned

I'm not even going to lie. You guys are right and I hadn't notice the "invasion" until Jet fans started to point it out. I used to read the forums for a long time before I actually joined. I mean, what could I come on here and say. While the Bills were going 7-9, the Jets were playing for Super Bowls. So finally, we beat the Pats, hold the first place lead in the AFCE, and all that makes this Sunday a huge came for us Bills fans. It's silly, but if we win, the invasion will get worse.

Now, to the person that said the Jets are going to stack the box and force Fitz to beat Cro, Revis, and Wilson. If you do that then we'll just throw screens all game. How good is the Jets' D against the screen?

10. stanner

stanner Member

JINX!

ballgame.

11. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

do you know anything about football?

12. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Looks like Donald Jones will definitely be playing but Demetrius Bell will be out again. It will be interesting to see the matchups this will create. You guys will likely come out stacking the box to stop the run in some 4-6 formations. So there will likely be alot of man to man coverage. I hope this is the week Gailey can take advantage of that and get Spiller out in space on some quick hitches.

Obviously Revis will be on Johnson
    Wilson on Jones?
    Cromartie on Spiller?

So many different things to watch in this game.

13. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

If that's the case, I suspect that you will all have a very short shelf life on the site.

14. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Oh No...Not the screen pass ! Wait how tall are your receivers again ?

15. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

This has to be the dumbest thing i've ever read.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is starting to feel like the San Diego invasion in 2009. A week of trash-talking followed by crickets in the days after the game.

The same basic dynamic was running then as now, lots of opposing fans feeling really insecure about the matchup and coming on TGG to blow off steam.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Outstanding really. For a team that blitzes as much as we do we don't really get hurt by screens.

18. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Okay, as much as Bills fans are enjoying a 5-2 record after literally playing 2 good teams in 7 games (going 1-1 in those games), this game should literally be a cakewalk for the Jets (unless Schotty and Sanchez strike again..)

Aside for qb, and OC, the Bills are arguably worse at every position, and when all is said and done, this should not be that competitive.

If it is, it will mean one of 2 things:

1. Schotty and/or Sanchez lost the game, or
    2. The Jets are just not that good this year.

I dont think either will happen though.

Jets 27, Bills 13

19. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I'll challenge that....

Defensive line......Jets
    Linebackers.........Jets
    Safeties..............Bills
    CB'S...................Jets

Offensive line.......Tie
    RB'S...................Bills
    WR'S .................Jets
    QB'S...................Tie
    Lindell vrs Folk......Bills

As for special teams, from what I've so far you guys have been great on kickoff coverage. So I doubt we will even run any out. We have only run 8 out in 7 games anyway. Im sure Lindell will be told to kick them out of the endzone as well to prevent Mcknight from giving you guys good field position. Both offenses should be able to get consistent first downs throughout the game so I don't see any big punt returns either. Special teams will be a non factor.

20. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Folk hasn't missed a FG this year Lindell has. Jets have the advantage.