2011 "Start 'Em / Sit 'Em" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by msldythNYJ, Sep 7, 2011.

1. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

i'm basically screwed at QB in one of my leagues. cam is on bye and all i have on the waiver wire is...

colt mccoy
    andy dalton
    carson palmer
    matt hassleback
    alex smith
    sam bradford
    blaine gabbert
    curtis painter
    tavaris jackson
    john beck

I think i'm gonna go with mccoy because at least he can make plays with his legs and he's had more decent fantasy games than the other guys, but i'm not exactly comfortable with it either. dalton was worth a look but i realized he didn't throw for many yards and his fantasy numbers have been meh even though he's had a decent amount of tds and has won games. alex smith isn't a fantasy quarterback

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Id go with either Palmer or Bradford. Both are playing very poor pass defenses and Arizona has Kolb out so they most likely will have the ball less, same with Palmer vs Denver where tebow should not be able too possess the ball too long and Palmer with no Mcfadden should be passing all game.

3. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

I'm in a PPR league this week I'm kinda contemplating my last Flex Spot. My options include

Anquan Boldin @ Pittsburgh who had 17 points week 1 vs Pit and has had games of 14 points 2 21 point games the last 3 weeks.

Mario Manningham vs New England who we all know has a piss poor secondary and is coming off an 18 point performance.

Johnathan Baldwin vs Miami who is playing to lose the game

Doug Baldwin @ Dallas who doesn't put up HUGE numbers but in a PPR league is pretty valuable this year who may be worth a flex spot.

Just looking for some extra input, my guy tells me go with Anquan but I can see Manningham having a big game vs New Englands secondary or Johnathan Baldwin who is back from injury may have a td and some extra looks his way.

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

If Nicks plays, start Boldin if Nicks is out, start Manningham

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Steelers have shut down the passing game in recent weeks. As crazy as it sounds, I might play Jon Baldwin

6. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

Start two out of three

S. Greene, P. Thomas vs Bucs, C. Benson vs Tenn

Also Three out of four

D Bowe vs the Phins Roddy White vs Indy Gates vs GB and Manningham vs Pats.

Now that Ingram is out it makes my RB situation a bit tougher to call and I feel like I should start Manningham vs the Pats but who out of those other three would you sit?

7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Am i insane?

Going with Blount and Benson and benching Fred Jackson?

Faith based all the way! Im 7-1 going up against another 7-1.

8. JohnnyThaJet

Hell no , I love my Jets but Jackson is a top back. It's silly too bench him especially with the jets run D looking below average.

9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd scratch Benson of those three. Sounds like the Bucs want to give Blount a big workload again with Graham out.

10. JohnnyThaJet

Greene and Benson

White, Bowe, and Gates

11. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

Jon Baldwin or Eric Decker? No PPR. Baldwin is the high risk play, but I think he might be high reward this week vs. Miami. Tebow throwing the ball scares me.

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I'd just flip a coin lol. I guess I'd pick Decker, cause the Raiders' secondary is almost as bad as Tebow and there's always the possibility of garbage-time yards.

My dilemma today (pick two of three, non-PPR league):

Gronkowski, Owen Daniels, Chris Ogbanayya

Normally starting a RB over a TE is a no-brainer points-wise but these are good TE's and who knows what Ogbanayya will really do against Houston?

13. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Rivers vs GB or Sanchez vs BUF?
    I am hearing that rivers hurt is hand on the muffed snap last week but since he is the 4:00 game, I am getting concerned. Also, I think Sanchez could have a good game today.

also, Holmes vs BUF or S. Greene vs BUF for the flex?

14. jaybny

jaybny Banned

Sprols vs blount

Dalton vs cassell

15. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

If it's PPR go with Sproles, if not PPR I'd go Blount.

I'd go with Cassel but I think both will have decent fantasy days. The return of Baldwin is going to do nothing but good things for Cassel.

16. HOI

HOI Active Member

ok...this week coming up

Branch vs jets

or

Marshall vs Redskins

Not PPR.....2 points per 10 yds.....6 points per TD

I sat Marshall and got screwed this week

#376 HOI, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  17. jets_fan_in_fishtown

(.5 PPR, .2 Per carry)
    Choose 3:

Ben Tate @ TB
    Chris Ogbonoyya vs St Louis
    Josh Cribbs vs St Louis (got me 15 points in the last two games. + we get KR/PR yards)
    Deangelo Williams vs Tenn
    Reggie Wayne vs Jac

I had Williams, Cribbs and Ogbonoyya in but i was thinking of swapping out williams for Tate. they both get about 10 carries a game but tate has been breaking them and has had 2 100 yard games (as a backup) in the last 3. Tampa bay's run defense isn't that great and Tenn. is normally strong against the run with the exception of the texans game. havent used tate since week 4 or so after foster came back.

Ogbonoyya was garbage last week as the starter but the Texans D is way better than the St Louis Run D.

#377 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  18. jets_fan_in_fishtown

Marshall....

he's the better option, plus, do you really want to root for branch to score TDs this week?

19. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I have a good problem, which QB to start?

Matt Ryan vs the Saints, which is who I have going. He's had a shitty year, at least for what I thought he would do for me. The numbers last week were awesome, but it was vs the Colts. Other than that, Sanchez has more fantasy points. I love Mark, but I never thought he would have more fantasy points halfway through the season than Matt Ryan.

Mark Sanchez vs the Patsies. Seems like a sure thing, the Pats giving up tons of points to opposing QBs. But the ground game worries me, I could easily see the Jets rushing for 4 TDs Sunday and leaving Sanchez out in the cold for fantasy points.

Or Carson Palmer at San Diego. The Chargers do tend to give up a ton of passing yards, and Palmer threw 3tds last week. Plus, no Darren McFadden will probably equate to more passes than runs. That, and the fact that the game will be a shootout, I can almost guarantee it.

So stick with Ryan this week vs NO, or one of the other 2? Any way you look at it, I'm still going to have a good week.

20. jets_fan_in_fishtown

I have Ryan too....he's been very inconsistent. The saints have pretty good DBs but they give up a lot of yards on teh ground. I'd expect to see a lot of michael turner.

if I had Sanchez, i'd start him. Look at Mark's numbers @ home vs the pats. they've been very good. in fact, he's played well in 4 out of 6 of the games vs the pats in his career so well. I expect a lot of Plax in the redzone this game.

Sanchez is good for at least 2 TDs.