Week 9- Jets @ Bills Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. MeanGreenfightingmachine

This is probably the most inaccurate post I have read on this board

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I love how the Bills fans think going into Buffalo is such a tough environment. The Jets have walked into much tougher and hostile crowds than Buffalo. Going to Indy, Pittsburgh, New England is a lot more brutal than going to Buffalo.

3. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Nah, it's pretty bad, but I've read some fucking stupid shit from your Bills buddies.

4. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

This Bills game will be a statement game because after this game one team will be a pretender…I just hope we don’t come out flat…looking back at the last three seasons these three games defined each season IMO…I hope this Bills game falls in the same category…it has to be a W!

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281123010

Brett finally played like a HOF QB we beat a great no loss Titan team (the NE game too though that was a shootout)…then we know the rest

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290913034

Sanchez’s first game…he played really well but that was the game that our D showed it was elite…we had 2…3 game losing streaks that season but we made the AFCCG & I always thought this game showed why we did

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=300919020

Sanchez had a great game after the usual Baltimore debacle…we reeled off 8 straight wins on our way to the 2nd straight AFCCG…man I really thought we would go all the way after beating NE in the P/O's….

5. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I don't think a lot of bills fans really understand the concept or importance of matchups in the NFL.

The Jets match up extremely well with the Bills in terms of personnel and scheme.

There's a reason that Tampa Bay can go and get blown out by the niners 45-3 and then the next week go and beat the saints when they were at their best. Or last year when the patriots were setting the world on fire that we spanked them around in their own house in the playoffs.

It seems like they're so obsessed with illustrating their early season games as points of reference to their ability to win this game and then in turn reference our early season struggles without the best center in football as indicative of how we are now.

I really dont think this'll be that close of a game. i've said it many times. the bills kool aid has gotten to many people's heads but most of these guys have been around the league and played at a high level. Fred Jackson was one of the top backs from scrimmage in the 2nd half of the season. how is that different? Ryan fitzpatrick was one of the top fantasy QBs.

this is the jaguars game all over again (the bills are clearly better than the jags, but just the overall feel of the week is very similar)

#345 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  6. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Jets will hang 38 on them again

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

8. YoungSinema

YoungSinema Banned

LOL...You guys haven't scored 30 on the road all season. Good luck doing that again

#348 YoungSinema, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  9. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Rex named Maybin a captain for this week?

10. andi15ro

andi15ro New Member

he said most likely he will be one of the captains and will get more playing time :)

11. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

He better not get in Eric Woods way, that could get ugly lol.

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

13. jets_fan_in_fishtown

^---lol, i'm still laughing over "faggot groundhog".

best nickname ever

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I've been to Buffalo and was at Pitt for the title game- Buffalo was MUCH louder than Pitt. When Buf has good teams that building is a tough place to play, it holds sound really well and it's almost like a college atmosphere up there. I expect to win but don't discount their great home crowd(when they are winning).

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we only scored 30 on the road only twice a year ago and one was in Buffalo. I don't know how many we'll score but I expect it will be enough.

16. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Say what you will but the tape doesn't lie.

17. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Not sure which tape you are watching, but the reason Fitz has been so successful this year is his ability to find his 2nd and 3rd receivers.

Saying he locks on to his primary receiver is completely inaccurate.

18. jets_fan_in_fishtown

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=PatsFanTx

19. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

I've seen every game the Bills played. 90% of the passing plays are 3 step drop and a quick slant or quick out that he locks in on as soon as the ball touches his hand.

20. foreboding

foreboding Member

This is flat out wrong. I have been to Pittsburg, NE, New Jersey (for Jets and Giants - old stadium), KC, Miami and Oakland. The only place that is really in the same league in terms of volume, from those places is KC.

Buffalo has consistently been one of the top teams in terms of attendance in a stadium that holds 73,000 people. Going to a game there is a blast, it is like a college town. Bands playing all over, lots of dedicated Bills games vehicles
    they park the cars so there is a football field every 100 yards or so. Tons of tailgating. Really a fantastic place to enjoy an old school NFL experience.

Granted the Jets and Giants new stadioum is incredible and the city of NY is incredible, but if you want a real, "NFL" experience, go to Buffalo, NY.

Stadium ain't pretty, but looks nice with all that red, white and blue in the stands, it is a home field advantage and it will be insanely loud Sunday.