What's with all the disrespect the Jets get

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Nov 3, 2011.

1. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

How are the Jets not "respected".

The Bills are 5-2 and leading the AFCE.

The Jets are 4-3 and in 3rd place.

2. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The Jets control their own destiny though. If they win the next two the Jets are #1 in the AFCE. It's not like the Jets are 5 games out.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

"disrespect..." the argument of the illiterate, insecure or both.

just because someone thinks a team is better than the Jets doesn't mean they are disrespecting the Jets. it could actually be true. to believe so is nonsensical insecurity and victimization.

and if you aren't insecure, you are simply illiterate because you have such a lack of knowledge of the English language that you don't posses the capability to express your disappointment that the world doesn't believe the Jets to be the bestest team in the universe in an accurate manner and depend on ignorant cliches that have no relevance.

were people disrespecting the Dolphins when they picked the Jets to beat them? of course not, they simply believe the Jets were better based on the performance of the teams on the field. no difference here.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that Merrill Hoge and Ron Jaworski have forgotten more football than I'll ever know. With that said, the Bills are the most overrated team I can think of in recent years. Doesn't anybody notice just how bad their defense is?? If not for a great performance against the worst offense in the league last week, they wouldn't just be plain bad ... they would be off-the-charts bad. You don't win more games than you lose in the NFL playing defense like that.

They have a few good players... We have a lot more.

The Jets will win this game by double-digits, and then watch everybody start jumping off the Bills bandwagon.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I don't like Rex. He is fat and feet too much.

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Man don't disrespect the disrespect, that is simply disrespectful.

7. skeleton_frames

The Jets deserve to be the underdog and aren't being disrespected. The Jets have yet to show up for an entire game and haven't backed up the talent on their roster or the bravado of their coach.

Having said that, I think that the Jets will earn that respect because I think they're just a better team than Buffalo.

But until they do something, they'll continue to be rated for what they are: an overrated, underperforming middle of the pack football team.

Go Jets.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Wait till Peter King comes out. He picked the Dolphins and Chargers over the Jets. I hope he picks the Bills, I am sure he will. I love the Jets this weekend. Rex has done great against this team, 3-1, and the one loss we dominated. Plus we are winless on the road and the Bills have not loss at home. I can see a 24-10 Jet win. Seriously, I am not scared of this team at all. We will expose them as frauds, especially defensively. Gonna run for around 200 yards and TOP will be Jets 35 minutes. Just don't turn the ball over boys!!!!!!!!!!!

Just checked, King picked the Bill 23-17. EXCELLENT

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/11/03/week.9/index.html?sct=nfl_t12_a1

#28 sec314, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Well sure, but quotes like this:

.. make you think differently.

According to the media the last few years, I don't think the Jets have ever outright won a game against a good team. Either they:

- Got lucky
    - Beat a team that was having a bad game
    - Won on special teams (although when Hester scores TDs for Chicago it's always a plus for the Bears. When Brad Smith/McKnight does it the win is a fluke)
    - Played an overrated team

#29 Rockefella, Nov 3, 2011
  10. truthbtold

You and me both.
    But I think we're in the minority.

11. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Then why are the Jets in 3rd place and the Bills in 1st?

Not to mention the Bills defeated 2 teams that already smoked the Jets.

The Bills have a very good football team this year.

12. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i love how all the picks are heavily all bills picks. always go the opposite way of the popular money, that's one of the first rules of picking. this guarantees a jet win in my book-lol
    i think the jet lag is over and they are going to start playing well now, no way we lose this weekend.

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The NFL is about match-ups. The Jets match up very well with the Bills and have absolutely manhandled Buffalo the last few times they've played with personnel being pretty similar.

Coming off the bye the Jets offensive line struggles seem to be put to rest and the offense is gaining chemistry with the new blood WRs. If the defense continues in the same manner that was exhibited against San Diego I think the Jets win this one going away.

Fitz has never shown he can beat a Rex Ryan defense. I can't see Fred Jackson going off for 150+. Stevie Johnson will be a scratch against Revis so it comes down to the likes of Nelson and Chandler against Cromartie/Wilson/Smith/Leonhard.

I just can't see Buffalo having a great game.

14. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Manhandling a team in the past doesn't mean anything. Pats won 15 straight against the Bills and look what happened this year.

Fitz has been very impressive this year, especially finding his 2nd and 3rd options. I agree Revis will neutralize Johnson, but Fitz has done great finding the open receiver.

I think Jackson will be the key to the game. If he has a strong 1st quarter, the Bills play-action passing becomes deadly. Jets need to contain Jackson.

15. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Do you think the Patriots have more good players than the Bills?

16. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Can I answer that leaving off the Pats defense?

17. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

If you say the Patriots have more talent than why aren't they in sole possession of first?

Jets have more talent than the Bills, but the Bills are playing better at this point in the season.

18. truthbtold

They don't have a very good football team. They have an OK football team with a good offense and a putrid defense. Let them play out the entire schedule giving up 400 yards of offense per game, and let's see if they win more games than they lose. They already have three wins where they gave up more than 450 yards. That's about as many as any team playng defense that badly can hope to get for a whole season.

If we don't give them the same charity you guys did, we'll beat them by 2 scores and move ahead of them in the standings.

#38 truthbtold, Nov 3, 2011
  19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

People pick the teams that are good and the regular season but SUCK in the playoffs.

For all the credit the Chargers, Patriots, Falcons, etc get, the Jets have done more than all of them combined in the last 2 seasons than they have all done in the last 4 seasons.

20. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Exactly what have the Jets done?

Winning a few WC and Division playoff games means absolutely nothing if you always lose in the AFCCG.