AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Ruined the episode for myself after accidentally selecting The Talking Dead Episode 203 rather than The Walking Dead 203, and the first fuckn thing I hear before realizing ky mistake is that faggot host aaying "Well, Shane killed Otis." Ugh. Still a great episode.

I agree that the marital bullshit between Rick and Lori is coma inducing.

2. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I sense an overall redemption of the show itself in the upcoming episodes.

Don't quit on it yet.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Right, but there's no way you can do something like that and not have it change you as a person. Killing will only become easier for him.

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I'm a little disappointed in how small the group at the ranch is. There should be about half a dozen more people there (even though they'll all be killed off).

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

^ I love how small obstacles like a flimsy fence are able to fend off the zombie hoard.

6. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

So...maybe I missed something in the season 2 premier. But what's with all the bodies in the cars?

They're dead but not zombies. How did they die just sitting there? Im sure some blew their brains out, but not all.

7. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Don't feel left out, I thought about that too.

Not much has made sense in this show so far. And sadly the bar isn't set all that high for making sense in a show about zombies.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

^^ Someone asked Robert Kirkman about the dead people inside the cars on The Talking Dead aftershow.

He gave some bullshit answer that made no sense. The more I watch, the more I think Kirkman has no idea what he's doing.

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I blame Zombieland for lowering America's zombie standards.

10. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

The last episode was by far the best since the pilot (in my opinion). However, I'll continue to keep my hopes measured until it proves that it can maintain its success.

#470 Vorrecht, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Blame it all you want at least that movie had comic relief.

I saw that Shane stuff coming a mile away. Fuck this show, I am pretty much done.

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Then don't watch it. I don't get why some people get all emotional about a TV show.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

They never took themselves seriously.

But TWD is a drama about zombies.... its a good concept if done right. They've done it wrong.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I don't get emotional about TWD. I just think it fucking sucks when a bunch of retards think it's awesome when it clearly isn't.

For the next few years, it's going to take up a spot on television's best channel.

15. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Neither did Shaun of the Dead and it's arguably the best zombie movie of all time.

Zombieland was just kind of a perfect storm of things that annoy me.

As for TWD, if it really is going down the toilet I won't be too upset. I still have the books, they're fairly accessible (not nearly as daunting as, say, ASOIAF) and they haven't shown any signs of weakening.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The comics are awesome. I don't understand why Kirkman didn't just follow the books.

He says he wanted to surprise the people that read TWD, but everyone I know that's read can't stand the direction the show's going in.

17. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Did he?

Wow, Kirkman doesn't understand comic book readers very well, then.

What I find so upsetting (and yeah, I'm upset; I'll admit it) is that translating TWD from the books to the screen should have been a simple, profitable task. This shit isn't American Splendor; make the books your storyboards and then go shoot it.

The inferior product he's producing certainly is surprising. Guess that's what he was going for.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Shaun of the dead is legendary

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It will be interesting to see if some of you guys do decide to stop watching. I remember people constantly bitching in the LOST thread. I would tell them to stop watching the show. They'd keep watching and keep bitching. Finally, it reached a point where I was frustrated with the show and that was it. Done. Never watched the fuckin' thing again. I believe the episode that killed it for me was "The Constant". When bullshit has to be explained through time travel, I'm out.

I have not read the comic book which everyone here claims is vastly superior to the TV show. I only know The Walking Dead as a TV show. It is good enough for me to keep watching.

Because it is a show about zombies I am not going to be very critical of it.

20. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The Constant, one of the best episodes in the entire series, led you to stop watching LOST.

Meanwhile you're telling people with high expectations to stop watching a show that has only 1-2 above average episodes. Really?