My troll thread of the year....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BuffaloPhysco, Oct 30, 2011.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

IMO, if you're the Bills, you are going to run the ball all day- try and exploit the edges and let FJax go to work. I dont think the Bills will do much damage through the air (maybe besides short passes to the RB).

If im the Jets Im all about stopping the run. Simple as that.

Whichever team can do this better will win.

2. BuffBillsFan28

BuffBillsFan28 New Member

I live in Jets country on Long Island so I hear about the Jets and watch both the Jets and the Bills play when possible every week so I have a lot of knowledge about both football teams so I will troll it up myself a bit and add some thoughts here:

1. Revis vs. Johnson - On paper this matchup looks like an easy victory for Revis who has shut down everybody he's been put up against consistently throughout his career.

Not so fast: Stevie Johnson is perhaps the most unique of any receiver Revis has been asked to cover. Stevie does not run normal textbook routes. He and Ryan Fitzpatrick have developed a couple of "backyard" style plays where Stevie twists, zigs and zags his way to a spot and Stevie can be very shifty. Revis has not been forced to face this style of unconventional route running before.

Advantage: Jets. While Stevie is unique Revis is as good as anyone I have ever seen play the position, including Deon Sanders. If Fitzy goes to Johnson as often as usual, look for Fitzy to have a rough day. Opposing QB's have had an atrocious QB rating when going at Revis Island and Stevie only runs those backyard style option routes once or twice a game. So, while I expect Revis to be the dominant player he is, the unique style makes this matchup worth watching.

False common Jets fan perception: With Kyle Williams out the Jets will be able to run all over the Buffalo Bills.

Not so fast: Marcell Dareus had been playing with an undisclosed injury to his arm throughout the first 7 weeks of the season. Week 8 was the first time Dareus was not wearing a large brace on either arm and without it he was dominant, often taking on double teams. Dareus has also now finally been moved inside to the Nose, he was playing DE all season prior to last week. Granted, Nick Mangold is as good as they come, but Dareus should eat up some double teams and all Jets fans better hope that Wayne Hunter is not asked to block anyone too often 1v1, especially if Dareus runs a stunt his way. The Bills game plan should entail a couple blitzes designed to attack Hunter specifically. The Jets run game has also struggled all year so this match-up will be very interesting.

The Bills only throw the ball to Stevie Johnson: I have heard many Jets fans cite this as a reason the Jets will shut down the Bills passing game and be able to stack the box all day against Fred Jackson. The idea is that Revis will shut down Johnson, and the Bills have nobody else that can hurt them.

Not so fast: In week 8 against the Redskins Fitzpatrick connected with 7 different WR's and #2WR Donald Jones should be making his return against the Jets this week. The Jets also struggle covering running backs out of the backfield and Fred Jackson is one of the best pass catching backs in the league. To further prove my point, in Week 6 (week 7 was a bye), Fitspatrick hit 6 different receivers. Multiple receivers had 4 or 5 receptions each. In week 5, Fitz again connected with 7 different receivers which goes to show you, the Jets have to cover more than just Johnson and the Jets secondary gets a bit thin outside of Revis and Cro. Wilson has been better this year but he and the rest of the secondary will have to play very well to slow down guys like David Nelson (big strong WR), the speedy CJ Spiller, and hometown product Roosevelt.
    Advantage: Bills

Final Prediction: Mark Sanchez will have to play a solid game because the Bills are going to want him to put the ball in the air and the Bills safeties are both playing at a pro-bowl level. The Jets would be wise to get Keller involved early and often but I don't trust Schotty to make that happen. His play calling and game planning offensively have been less than stellar most of the year, except for maybe this past weekend. The Bills ball hawking secondary once picked off Sanchez 5 times. The Bills defense is coming off of a shutout victory and while Sanchez is far better than the Skins Beck, I expect this game to be an ugly one again for Sanchez. When the Bills get turnovers, the Bills win football games.

Bills 27 - Jets 10

#162 BuffBillsFan28, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  3. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Actually, I like Steve Johnson for his heart more than anything, he has a will to make plays. Yes he has raw talent but he is driven and works hard every play. Will this prevent Rives from slowing him down? No, but I also think the jets will shift Revis around (so Fitz has to locate him every play) so Johnson may have success but it may not be on Revis.

I am not sold on Fitz yet, I know they just gave him "bank" but from the little I have watched him he throws into coverage too much for my liking. It has worked out for him against NE and KC but like in the giants game I don't think it will this week.

Who does scare me is Fred jackson, The Jets have to stop him or we could have a long painful day.

I think the Jets win this game but they will not blow the Bills out unless they can get into Fitz's head.

4. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

He didn't "throw in to coverage" in the Giants game. He threw too deep passes to a wide open Stevie Johnson. Unfortunately, both times he underthrew them by about 5 yards. His accuracy on the deep ball is definitely questionable but his decision making is among the best in the league. This guy knows NFL defenses.

5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

lol
    [​IMG]

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

corey webster had outstanding coverage on those 2 picks.

7. BuffBillsFan28

BuffBillsFan28 New Member

Corey Webster was beaten by like 3 or 4 yards on both of those picks but both were under-thrown.

Revis by all means should win this matchup but the unconventional routes that Stevie employs should make it at least worth watching.

8. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I don't agree, the receiver were not wide open. they may have had an angle or a step dictating he throw into a specific window and he instead threw where the guy was covered. It's hard to argue when the giants made both picks. I was also speaking of throws in the KC game and (I think) the NE game where he threw into coverage and his guy made a play for him.

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

This play, and his overall performance against Megatron in that game, was superb.

10. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Do Bills fans the Jets have a superb number 3 corner in Kyle Wilson who will probably no problem shutting down their scrub wide outs? And if you think the Jets will only score 10 points you're extremely misguided. Bills shut out the Redskins and now they can obviously limit the Jets to 10 points.

11. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I wouldn't write off Spiller as no scrub. In fact Wilson will likely be on Spiller. Your "superb number 3" corner is better then your number 2 corner lol.

#stirringthepot
    [YOUTUBE]_MzOIC8NJr4[/YOUTUBE]

12. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

The Jets have scored more than 10 points in every game. The Bills have a worse defense than every team we have played thus far.

13. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Spiller has how many career receptions? He's been moved to WR because of the emergence of Jackson but also that he isn't even good enough to be the change of pace back. He'll be out of the league in less than three years.

14. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not sure what's worse: the phrasing of this post, or the fact that Physco understood it completely. It's like they have their own vaguely English language.

15. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Holy shit, that was bad. But, in my defense I'm hopped up on all sorts of cold medicine.

16. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Be careful with that. You won't believe what sort of shit strong pharmaceuticals can make you write on the internet.

17. ........

........ Trolls

Well, if Ellis plays like he did in his limited time on the field, we'll have a much easier time against the run. I'd love to see a DB shadowing FJax all game. He won't always (or even mostly) make the open field tackle on rushes to the edge and quick screens, but even a chip slows him down to allow our LBs to make the hit. I don't fear the passing game. The Bills have a 4 option passing game, and that's only if you count Spiller and Nelson as real threats. The TEs barely get involved outside of the RZ. Johnson will be shut down, meaning we should focus our remaining efforts on Jackson.

18. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I wouldn't say that yet come on man. He has actually ran the ball well when given a chance. But with Freddie playing like he is, there simply isn't enough touches to go around. He will likely be the starter in 2013.

19. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Who is the current number two back? I honestly don't know. I know Spiller gets a few touches out of the backfield, but if Jackson got dinged up in a game would he get the full workload?

20. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Yeah, he's the number 2.