Week 9- Jets @ Bills Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Trolls really make this site awful

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I feel like that number goes up every time I hear about it. Are they still sacking Beck?

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I haven't seen Bills fans in these parts for years. The one long-time Bills fan is apparently a Nazi fan, so interesting seeing Bills fans. I seriously forgot they had a fanbase, they've been so quiet for so long.

Fred Jackson has been great this year. Gailey is doing a very good job of getting him the ball in space.

The Jets match up well on the outside. Revis on Johnson, Cromartie on Nelson, and down the list. Chandler has been a redzone threat, but not a lot else.

If Jackson goes off like McFadden, the Jets will lose. I don't think Freddy is as dynamic. How he runs will determine how their offense does.

Offensively, the Jets looked a lot better against SD. The line keeps playing better, and Mangold is healthier. Buffalo's defense has some ballhawks, but I'm expecting to run the ball pretty well, which will make life easier for Sanchez. Buffalo's pass rush finally showed up last week, but Washington is a mess up front. They will have a uch tougher time disrupting the Jets offense.

I'm expecting a close game, but the Jets are just a little better.

4. foreboding

foreboding Member

Really? Why?
    I think the Bills have a better chance to blow out the Jets with their offense, but I do not think either will happen. This is going to be a good old afc east battle IMO-

5. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Pass game:

While Fitzpatrick has been doing pretty well passing the ball you'll notice in the Cincinnati and Eagles game they have two pretty good secondaries and he threw for under 200 yards. I don't really like your matchup in the pass game. Our 4 main CB's (Revis, Cro, WIlson, Strickland) are better than your 4 receivers. So I think the Jets win here.

Run game:

Jets haven't been their same old run stuffing self. We do get Mike Devito back who is (Not biased or anything haha) in my opinion one of the more underrated run stoppers in football. I think the Bills have a good game but after the bye the Jets run d looks more like our old self. I still think Jackson may break a few big runs. Edge slightly Bills.

Special Teams:
    You guys have Brad Smith, we have Mike Westhoff and Joe McKnight. Simple as that. Edge Jets.

Bills DB's:

Well your safeties are having a pretty good year and theres no denying it. But between all your CB's you have 3 INT's which isn't that great considering the Jets have 8 between Cro, Revis and Wilson. But if Plax can do what he did 2 weeks ago look for another big game by him. Kerley and Holmes just need to find a sweet spot. Edge Jets receivers.

Bills run D:

What bother me about this for the Bills is Kelsay Davis and Batten have a combined 31 tackles. Then Barnett has 58. But then the DE's have a around 25 tackles each. So I think with Mangold 100 percent we could have some success. Edge Jets.

This is just a biased fans opinion so a bills fan tell us what you think

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Prolly the most level headed post from a bills fan

The jets test imo will be if we can get the run going. The bills have been giving up some run yds but their offense puts up enough points to take opponents out of their comfort zone

In all reality this game comes down to the jets containing jackson and not shooting themselves in the foot on offense

if the bills plan to spread the jets out all game they need to get jackson carries or delayed routes out of the backfield

I don't see fitzpatrick having his way with this defense. But with the jets they will definitely have some blown coverages with the floating zones they call if we can't put pressure on fitz

It'll be a good game though.

My guess is jackson will get his yards but the jets need to make the critical stops to kill drives when it matters most we will see

Look forwardd to this game

7. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Lol at Cynic suddenly not so cynical :up:

8. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

I live in Rochester, NY. I can't put into words my hatred for the Buffalo Bills. I have seen every Bills game this year. I haven't missed a Jets game in over 20 years. The thing that worries me most is that the Bills offensive scheme has generated more wide open WR's or TE's out of any team I've seen this year. As Jets fans, we also know that when the Jets secondary gets beat, it's generally a blown coverage. That worries me.

9. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

Exactly. You Jets fans may be right about your corner backs being more talented than our receivers. I am sure they are. But our system right now allows our receivers to thrive. They don't have to be that good because one of them is always open. We spread the field.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Apperently the Bills will be wearing White at home for the first time in 25 years. I assume the Jets will wear Green...(we are 4-0 wearing green this season).

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

12. bbills97

bbills97 New Member

a lot of you arent taking ralph wilson stadium into factor..its like the big house of the nfl, its onoe of the loudest and spirited places. and the jets are 0-3 on the road this year and bills are 3-0 at home..the weather is going to be sloppy and i think its going to be sloppy game by both teams,,,but in the end i say bills win 23-20

13. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

14. bbills97

bbills97 New Member

also i've seen people say the bills have a lack a reciever..not at all...we're called the no name bills for a reason.roosevelt, nelson, spiller, chandler..and even times jackson have really helped the pass game and donald jones is back so spiller will be aart of the run game. And when jackson isnt carrying the ball good (which i honeslty see not happening) hes getting 50 plus yards on screens.

15. bbills97

bbills97 New Member

i honestly think fitzpatrick beats sanchez on this one..when i see sanchez play he is always so inconsistant..fitzpatrick might have an off throw here or there but he always gets his composure back and has 2-3 drives that are amzing right afterwards

16. foreboding

foreboding Member

lol - mostly true! Before two years ago, you did not have much to get excited about either!

17. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Good posts. Your fellow Bills fans here have been giving you a bad name.

On your points: I think my biggest concern is ralph wilson stadium. If this were being played in MetLife right off the bye, I'd be convinced of a Jets win. But traveling up there, and seeing how hyped up your fan base is, this will be a tough game.

As for your points on Fitzpatrick, do you make that observation based on what you've seen just this year or his overall body of work? I don't say this because he's on the Bills, but I'm just not convinced when it comes to Fitzpatrick no matter what happens this Sunday.

18. foreboding

foreboding Member

I think our pass game has the edge, Fitz is a better QB, or at least smarter then Sanchise.

I think your recievers have a slight edge, but I like our young guys alot.

Your CB's are better, our safetys are better.

Special teams, we have CJ returning punts and one of the most accurate kickers in the NFL, I like our special teams.

Run game, we have the mind of Chan Gailey (one of the most innovative run architects, there will be very few i-formation runs) a very good OLine and one of the hottest RB's in the NFL right now. Advantage Bills.

Defense over all advantage Jets
    Offense over all advantage Bills
    Special Teams Push, maybe
    Coaching, I like Chan
    Bills @ Home

Bills win. In a game that is a big litmus test of where this team really is. Beating the brash Jets would be a big statement-

#218 foreboding, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  19. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

You obviously don't watch many jets games, their special teams is the best in the league with the exception of a punter. Whoever Westy puts back their returning kicks becomes a pro bowler, and I don't think I have seen a successful kick off or punt return on us this year. When you look at it Westy is a special teams guru

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Look how many times the Jets have gotten to the playoffs in the last decade compared to the Bills. Rex has brought the most excitement but its not like it was our only taste of the playoffs in years.