Week 9- Jets @ Bills Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Says the guy who only looks at hard numbers and not the actual games.

2. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Hard Numbers such as opponents W/L is a good stat...

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yes they are:

IQ values between 71 and 80

This means a lower level of mental retardation. Individuals with these values graduate primary school with difficulties but are successfull in special schools. These individuals form one tenth of the population.

4. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

The only good stat you want is 0-16.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ftr citing Oakland's current standing in offensive production to mean what kind of opponent they were when the Jets played them is moronic. It is indicative of a lack of football knowledge and understanding of the proper use of stats.

6. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

We are playing too good for that sadly...

The faggot Colts are getting the top pick.

Just what the league needs...more Colts/Pats man crush meetings.

7. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Funny thing is the bills will have that same stat after this game.

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

You'd have to think based on division alone u guys might get 1 less win than the colts. Least that's what id be holding hope out for if I'm a fins fan.

Either way if u get luck ill be pissed

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'll be pissed if they get Luck too but I have the feeling he's not going to an 0-16, 1-15 type team. I'm smelling an Elway/Manning situation here where Luck refuses to play for a bad organization, which the Chargers were as of the draft in 2004.

I'm guessing he holds out for a trade to Pittsburgh, 75 miles from his hometown. I don't think he'll actually get there but I think he'll try. He's not going to Indy to play in the shadow of Peyton Manning and he's not going to the disaster in Miami. He's going to force a trade somewhere else.

10. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

How is citing facts equivalent to making excuses?

Fact: The Jets defense gave up 10 points to Baltimore.

Fact: The Jets defense did not surrender a TD in 2 games this year.

Fact: Oakland scored 23, 35, 34, 19, 25, and 24 points (23 ppg) before they lost their QB.

Fact: The Jets defense is ranked 8th in the league.

You see how I used stats to counter your stats?

11. MeanGreenfightingmachine

Hard numbers and WINS speak for themselves.

That said, that's all I'm reading in this thread from Jets fans.

"Brady had a melt down and threw 4 picks"... yeah, or, the Bills D was prepared for him and forced him into 4 picks... George Wilson baited him on his interception and one was tipped by Dareus, who has been batting balls down all season.

The Bills defense has been ball hawking all season long, I don't expect that to change this Sunday.

And don't worry about the Bills throwing at Revis... Fred Jackson will shred your 25th ranked run defense. The Bills probably will not pass more than 23 times.

The fact that most of the people on this board are under rating the Bills, proves that they're doing just what you said, looking at the stats and nothing else.

Well, here's some stats for you to chew on.

Fitzpatrick: 5th best QB rating in entire NFL, that's 2nd best in the AFC behind only Tom Brady... 5th most TD's in the NFl, again, 2nd in the AFC behind Brady again.

Fred Jackson: 2nd best average in the NFL with 5.5, 4th most yards in NFL (2nd in AFC). MOST ALL PURPOSE YARDS IN THE NFL.

George Wilson, leads the league in tackles, and is 3rd in interceptions... tied with your boy Revis.

Bills O line has let up only 8 sacks (thats good for 2nd in the league).

Sanchez has been sacked 21 times... doesn't bode well going against a team that just got 9 sacks in one game and has confidence up. Now that Dareus is at NT where he belongs Sanchez will be watching most of this game from his back.

12. tubby

tubby Active Member

Lol I hope you realize Washington was missing 2 starters on that line and had John Beck starting at QB. Not exactly world beaters

13. MeanGreenfightingmachine

That doesn't counter my stats. Despite all these accolades the Jets still only manage to beat teams with losing records (except for the Chargers, but they will have a losing record soon enough).

Now, for your facts...

Baltimore's offense is horrendous and their QB only has 8 TD's this season (20th in the league)...in fact the ENTIRE offense only has 8 TD's...

Those 2 games without surrendering a TD came against Jax and Miami... 2 of the worst teams in the league, the 32nd and 28th ranked offenses.

Not sure why you're spouting off stats for Oakland, they beat the Jets by 10, and lost to the Bills.

And yes, the Jets PASSING DEFENSE is ranked 8th... however their rush D isn't doing as well, ranked at 25th... Since the Bills strength is rushing the ball and their top rb is averaging 5.5 yards per carry which is second best in the league, I would say that matchup favors the Bills.

That's how you counter stats with stats friend.

14. MeanGreenfightingmachine

I hope you realize the Bills were missing probowl tackle Kyle Williams, and OLB Shawne Merriman...

Also... nine sacks against ANY NFL TEAM is pretty remarkable...

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If you're going to argue with numbers at least get them right: Sanchez has been sacked 16 times this season, not 21.

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

theres a buzz going that his father Oliver (current West Virginia athletic director) will be pulling an Archie Manning prompting the very situation you proposed.

Not Pitt, but him refusing to play for certain teams

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I gotcha you bring up stats they are irrefutable and hard numbers. When someone else brings them up they can be countered.

Here is a stat for you:

100%: Percent of time that MeanGreenfightingmachine is trying to be an angry troll.

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I'm a huge Darreus fan. maybe we can start calling him

Daria?

[​IMG]

anyways will be a good test for Mangold

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

doesnt matter hes one of those that will pound his fist on the table clinging to whatever numbers he thinks are the end all be all of the argument

and if Buffalo somehow wins he'll be here the rest of the year

if not

probably wont be seen again

considering hes got 108 posts in 7 years he obviously only pops in to bust balls during NYJ-BUF game weeks

20. MeanGreenfightingmachine

yes you're right... don't know what I was looking at at NFL.com