Week 9- Jets @ Bills Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Stop Fred Jackson, we win this game. Turn the Jills into a predictable passing team and Rex can unleash everything he's got on Fitzpatrick and the young offensive line. The Bills haven't been in a "big" game like this for years.

They won't be ready for it.

Jets 27
    Bills 13

2. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

A. Stopping Fred Jackson is not as simple as saying "all we have to do is stop Fred Jackson" He is currently 2nd in the league in Yds/G. IE. "All we have to do is stop Darren McFadden" (How did that one turn out?)
    B. In response to the post that said then Jets offense and Bills offense are a tie.

Yards per game
    Buffalo 10th in the NFL
    New York 29th in the NFL

Points per game
    Buffalo 3rd
    New York 11th

C. You guys are the most delusional fan base. I see countless posts already talking about a first round bye. If you hadn't noticed, you are still third in the AFCE. How was getting pumped by the Pats and the Raiders? We beat both of them.

See you on Sunday. Don't expect to roll over us like you have in the past. This is a different team.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

oh goodie, a Bills troll!!!

4. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Why so serious?

5. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

So, why should any team ever show up to play your team? They beat the Pats AND the Raiders? Holy shit. How was the ticker tape parade in Buffalo?

6. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

There is a difference between showing up to play and declaring yourself victorious before you take the field.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

hahahahahhahaha :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. Rex's Sweater Vest

does it offend you THAT much to come here, make an account, and complain about it? :rofl:

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

There is a difference between engaging in educated discussion, and coming to a rival messageboard and pounding on your chest like an neanderthal.

/real talk

10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Since I'll never be taking the field, I think I'm ok. Matter of fact, after your enlightening post, here's my prediction:

Bills: 2,347
    Jets: -17

Bills > Gronkowski!

11. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

We are engaged in educated discussion.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Find 5 of these

13. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

the fact that fans actually go on rival's websites never ceases to amaze me lol

this could be a very tough game, but i think we match up well against these guys...

there a good team that has showed heart. but i think we will take away their passing game and our offense should be able to put up some points with balanced playcalling. get the run game going to open up the passing. leave stevie johnson on the island and focus on wrapping up fjax... i want us to be physcial in the trenches all day

14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I think we are all realist here for the most part... and never once has degraded your self proclaimed bills. Were a different team then u have played all year and the matchups favor us plain and simple

15. foreboding

foreboding Member

I think the fans on this board are severely underestimating the Bills of 2011. This is not the same old Bills, Chan and Buddy have this team on rails moving forward. We lost two games by a combined 6 points. They can be beat obviously, but it is never easy. I think the Jets could be in serious trouble at a LOUD sold out Ralph Wilson stadium, playing New Yorks only NFL team. Remember when your team emerged out of no where two years ago? The Bills are doing the same thing in 2011.

Here is my positional analysis. Contrary to the above poster, I think the match-ups favor Buffalo very well.

Quarterback - Adv Bills (top 4-5 in every stat - including wins)
    Running Back - Adv Bills (leads league in yards from scrimmage)
    Wide Receivers - Adv Jets (Bills are no name, but you will be surprised, think Jones the Bills speedster returns this week)
    Offensive Line - Adv Bills (7 sacks all year and top 3 rusher)
    Defensive Line - Push (both are young)
    Linebackers - Push (neither team generating a ton of sacks)
    Corners - Adv Jets (bills are good and ball hawks, lead league in INT's) but Revis and Cro are two of the best
    Safeties - Adv Bills (Wilson and Byrd are having monster years)
    Special Teams - Adv Jets (slight, we have great kickers)

Coaching - PUSH (Rex, great intangibles and brilliant defensive mind, but Chan is a fantastic offensive mind)

Bills win 27-16

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

What this will tell is what kind of team we have. Bc of the new rules teams come. Off the bye week poorly

Do our players as a group slack or study

Does schotty continue to adat to the modern nfl??

17. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

lol wut? How is a guy who took his team to back to back AFC Championship games a push with a guy who finally has had marginal success and is still a combined 26-28 in the NFL?

18. foreboding

foreboding Member

"lol wut? How is a guy who took his team to back to back AFC Championship games a push with a guy who finally has had marginal success and is still a combined 26-28 in the NFL? "

A fair point, well taken. I guess why I think Chan is so good is because he has turned thing around in so little time and really gets the best out of every player. Like Rex, non homer-ism aside, I would agree Rex gets the nod. Before Chan I would have loved Rex as our coach, but in Chan we trust aka: Megamind.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan has done more then Chan Gailey...He is a better coach. Stop smoking that shit.

Comparing Fitzpatrick so highly after 7 games already underestimates what Sanchez has done in the league so far.

Let me know how that Bills defense has done throughout the whole year to this point statistically.

Keep undermining this Jets team, this isn't the Washington Redskins with their flake offensive situation

20. Rex's Sweater Vest

Chan wins 5 games and all of the sudden he is equal to Rex in terms of coaching? :rofl:

Would you have made that argument at the beginning of the season?

Pay no attention to the fact that he has a sub .500 record as an NFL HC even with your fast start this year. Chan has never won a playoff game, even when inheriting the leftovers of the cowboys dynasty in 1998 and 1999.

Rex on the other hand has more wins in 2 seasons than Gailey has in every season he has coached and Rex hasn't exactly had Troy Aikman at quarterback, let alone Fitzpatrick 2011 NFL MVP OPOY DPOY and future HOF QB.