My troll thread of the year....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BuffaloPhysco, Oct 30, 2011.

1. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

First off, I just want to wish both teams good luck next week and lets please have an injury free game. I'll hold off my prediction for the game later in the week.

Revis on Johnson: Sadly I don't see Johnson being effective in this matchup.

Still alot of unasnwered questions on our defense. Yes we played great today, 9 sacks (3 by Marcell Dareus) and 2 picks and a shutout. But I put alot of that the Skins letting Beck play and their injuries on the O-line.

Spiller started his 2nd game at WR. Didn't get many looks but did draw a big pass interfernce early in the game that picked up 40 yards. So his skillset at WR is also still a question mark. Although Donald Jones should be back so Spiller may get some looks in the slot.

All in all you guys have better matchups but i think they key to the game is Fred Jackson. If he runs effective early and we don't turn the ball over, we win. You guys shut him down, you guys win big.

My personal bet: If Maybin gets a sack, I'll beat myself with a wiffle ball bat.

My troll post prediction: George Wilson gets 2 picks with his 2nd sealing the game for us.

#1 BuffaloPhysco, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. Capt. Ace Nick

If the Bills pick up Gholston and he get's a sack on us I'll up your wiffle bat and throw myself into a wood chipper.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to have trouble getting things going in the air against Ryan's defense. I think Fred Jackson is going to win or lose this game for you on the ground.

I don't really think there are a lot of other factors in play at this point. The Jets are not going to open things up on offense in the cold in Ralph Wilson. They're going to play a conservative game plan, which will drive all of the Jets fans crazy but is probably the right answer, and try to shut down the Bills offense.

I think if the Bills rushing attack can't get going you guys are going to lose big. I think if it works as well as it has earlier in the season you'll win by a small margin. I also think that if it comes down to a one possession game at the end the game will be won by whoever has the football during that possession.

4. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

jets need to run the ball all day long and control the clock

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's what I think they're going to try to do. Keep the offense on the field and shut down the Bills offense.

In two previous starts in Ralph Wilson (both wins for the Jets) Sanchez has thrown a total of 43 passes. I expect more of that kind of action on Sunday.

6. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Yes Sanchez didn't throw much because you guys were dominating the run game and had huge leads. Although our run D still isn't that great, it's vastly improved from the Dick Jauron era. I don't expect another performance like one of the last 3 or 4. Hopefully Kyle Williams will be able to go this week!!

7. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Kyle Williams was gonna be on IR for the year, no?

8. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I just dont see the Bills being able to do anything offensively at all.

I mean you put Revis on Johnson, and Fjax is literally the only other player the bills have on that team, period.

You know sure as shit with 2 weeks to prepare the entire gameplan is going to be shut down Fjax. And considering the Bills lack of aerial talent, im expecting Fjax to be running into an 8 man box every single play

9. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Don't underestimate Scott Chandler who has been beasting all year and Nelson has been coming up with some clutch possesion receptions for us.

May be wishful thinking but I would like to see Brad Smith involved in the gameplan as well. Maybe he will be fired up to make some plays against his former team.

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Jets win on a 72 yard field goal by Nick Mangold.

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Chandler... beasting all year hes avging 15 yards and 2 receptions a game

Nelson was a surprise the first 3 weeks, but has ben shit since then. And id say im feeling pretty good about having the option to put either Cromartie or Kdub on him who both are far more talented than he is.

Theres no way to spin it, Fjax is your guys ONLY option period.

12. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

13 receptions in six games with a 7.5 yard average isn't beasting. He has four scores which is a good return, but he's 6'7". Stop the Bills getting to the red zone and Chandler is a non factor as a receiver.

13. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

All 4 of his scores were the first 3 games vs the mighty Chiefs (2), Pats (1), and Raiders (1).

Some defensive juggernauts there

14. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

You guys are not counting the 2 TD'S he had today. He has 6 on the season. He is a legit redzone threat.

15. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Wow well 35 recieving yards vs the Redskins, that changes everything.

I guess if Chandler is gonna get 2 TDs vs us at least Plax will get 3 against you guys so were still good.

16. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I didn't dispute that. I said that if you stop the Bills getting to the red zone, he's irrelevant. The stats would seem to support that view.

17. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

The Bills have a strict scheme lol. Run Freddie up the field, throw screens to Freddy up the field, toss the ball Stevie's way every so often. Then when in the redzone throw it up to Scott. Point being TE'S are used as much as they should be in the playcalling.

18. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

2 passes to your TE a game =/= using TEs as much as they should be.

The fact is with Stevie Johnson out of the game, and Nelson simply being out-talented, your gameplan literally has to be 100% Fjax on offense. Which means this defense is literally going to be completely built around shutting him the hell down.

Id be shocked if you dont see 7 or 8 in the box literally every single play

19. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Well if that's the case I expect to see Spiller finally make that big play all of us Bills fans have been waiting for. Kye Wilson on Spiller? could be an interesting 1 on 1 matchup.

20. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

only in the redzone. and he disappeared for 3-4 games until today.

guy hasnt had more than 3 catches all year. i think his 20 yarder today was his longest reception of the year. but it just happens most of his receptions are inside the red zone