AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

The only realistic scene in any zombie movie in recent years was Dawn of the Dead 2, I believe, with Ving Rhames and the father from Modern Family. You know that the entire group is holed up in the mall, and the next scene cuts to the hot blonde being railed from behind.

If I had a horde of zombies chasing me, I too would find time to rail the hot blonde, rather than trying to break into a zombie village just to get medicine for some kid.

#401 KOZ, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Fun fact: The hot blonde chick being railed is Canadian.

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Mall slut....

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Plenty of fucking goes on in TWD, but the women aren't as hot.

I still can't believe they turned Carol into... that.

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

You mean they aren't as hot as the hand-drawn characters in the comics?

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Who would you rather hit?

[​IMG] or [​IMG]

7. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Double decker ass clasp.

8. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

The tragedy of this is that if the show was called "Bunch o' Zombies" and they made a full deviation from the comics, I'd probably be thrilled that there was a show about a zombie apocalypse on TV.

But it's impossible to enjoy this stuff when you have a clear picture of what could/should have been.

****SPOILER****

Shane should be fucking dead right now. That was the first moment you realized, "Holy shit- I'm reading this whole series right now."

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

****SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER****

I know. I started reading the comics AFTER watching the first season and first few episodes of the second season, and I was SHOCKED, SHOCKED when that happened in the comics. Much crazier in the reverse, let me tell you.

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

My luck, zombies hit and the only ones left to bang are the fat, ugly chicks.

There was another one from years and years ago that I remember as a kid, the only thing that still sticks in my head was that it was 2 hot chicks who survived the initial wave because they were locked in some refrigerator or freezer- can anyone help me with this one?

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Zack Snyder's re-imagining of Dawn of the Dead was great. I hope he decides to do more horror movies after he finishes Superman.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

sounds like Night of the Comet, but they were in separate metal spaces that kept them alive.

13. JetBlue

I've never understood the applaud of that movie. it starts out pretty good, but the dialogue is pure fucking shit, and the characters horrible even by horror movie standards.

14. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Bingo that's the ticket! Just realized that the tall brunette in that movie ended up being the hot chick from weekend at bernies.

#414 KOZ, Oct 27, 2011
  15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I liked it except for the zombie baby storyline. I wasn't expecting great dialogue in a zombie movie set in a shopping mall.

No post-apocalyptic movie will ever come close to 28 Days Later. Children of Men and The Road Warrior are excellent too.

Nick Refn, director of Drive, is remaking Logan's Run. That will most likely be badass.

#415 Mr Electric, Oct 27, 2011
  16. JetBlue

28 Days Later is brilliant.

I agree with the expectation part if the movie doesn't seem interested in being good, but Dawn of the Dead seemed to be taking itself very seriously. the problems with it are the same problems in any Zack Snyder movie, which to me indicate his weakness as a director. they look great but are short on substance, but he doesn't seem to be intending that to be the case.

17. JetBlue

I probably saw that movie well over 20 times as a kid, in part because of her.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I liked 300, Dawn of the Dead, and The Watchmen.

I didn't take DotD seriously, but I get how anyone could see it that way. Once the little girl ripped that guys jugular out with her teeth at the very beginning, I turned my brain off and just enjoyed.

Sucker Punch was fucking terrible and I didn't waste my time watching that fucking gay animated owl movie he made last year.

19. JetBlue

I'm the opposite. when the little girl did that it upped my expectations but the movie just didn't go anywhere for me afterward.

300 is good, and Watchmen is better than it gets credit for, but I think the comic is a boring mess that he made entertaining. again, I am probably in the minority on that one.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I try to look at things as realistically as possible...but if any grown man, except for maybe SAR I, gets attacked by a little girl zombie or any female zombie, he should kick the absolute shit out of her.

Grown man getting owned by a child = expectations out the window

I watched Pet Semetary last week for the first time in a while, and I still don't understand how that little faggot owns so many people.