aaron maybin is our best pass rusher

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Oct 17, 2011.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

imagine when he learns to anticipate a snap count. dont recall seeing him get flagged yet for offsides but i haven't watched his every snap this year.

klecko was real good with snap count.

i assume he and the coaches are getting the nuances of the upcoming QB's on film.

2. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

It's going to be fun to watch this Kid grow with us. I hope we make a commitment after the season to keep him around to groom him.
    That being said his only move he has control over is "I go fast" and does have a nak to strip the ball
    Only guy on our team with a never ending motor

3. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Jesus! 225 lbs? He's 6 foot fucking 4!

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

3 sacks and 3 forced fumbles in 4 games is impressive for a player who is a starter and sees most of the snaps. Maybin hasn't been out there nearly enough, imagine how many sacks he can rack up at that point.

Too bad he's not a tad heavier, right now he really is just a DPR. I hope Rex can design a D where he can be out for more snaps. Maybe the offset 34 we run, put him and Pace on the same side with Pace close to the line.

5. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

pretty random but just watched an interview with him...he might not be our best pass rusher but he's easily the most well spoken player on the team...kind of surprised by how articulate he is...

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Why does everyone insist that Maybin get heavier? I don't want him to slow down just so he can play three downs. His value is as a special teamer and situational pass rusher. I want him to come in on passing situations to create total mayhem. Shit, we should be filling his Gatorade bottle with 5 hour energy, not feeding him biscuits and gravy.

7. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

I wonder if these LT get gassed chance Maybin around? might help out our 3-4 des

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

A guy his size should be able to put on 10-15 pounds of muscle in an NFL weight training program. Any loss in speed from that type of weight gain will be negligable compared to the gain it would give him in beating blocks.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

It would help with his balance. He'd be able to get better leverage on Tackles and actually beat one instead of what he does now.

His speed isn't going to go from a 95 to an 84 if he hits 250lbs, if I'm allowed to put it in madden terms.

10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Penn State

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

not really, all theyre doing is slide stepping and punching him the fuck out the way.

Maybin is the one sprinting in circles to sniff the pocket

if Maybin could develop some power to separate on initial contact, then hed be a nightmare.

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Could you imagine how good he would be if the football field was round?

13. Coach K

Coach K New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

he'd lead the league in sacks im guessing

im waiting for the ultimate gif.

maybin runs 2 circles to chase an evasive QB and finally makes the sack. with his blood pumping as he goes to celebrate stumbles and falls dizzy from his pursuit

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

KSK Ryan slaps Maybin on ass "Great Fucking Hustle Mybach" *farts*

Yes and no. As UKK & ND stated, another 10 - 20 lbs of muscle will be negligible in speed and he'd have the leverage to possibly get the upper hand on the the O Lineman he i facing.

15. 624

624 Banned

If there's one thing I've learned from watching Rex's pressers it'd to ignore the height/weight measurements he throws out while talking about players.

Whether he likes to exaggerate or really doesn't know, they are never right.

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

ive seen RBs toss him to the ground.

By the way....

ProFootbalFocus ProFootballFocus.com

#256 JfaulkNYJ, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  17. klarkkent44

klarkkent44 Member

jfaulknyj in your avatar rex looks a lil like kenny powers lol, but yea he's definately been a big surprise i hope he sticks around long enough for rex nd pettine to work him help improve his technique nd bulk up enough to where he doesnt lose that elite acceleration that he has.

18. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

He has put weight on, he was 250 pounds at the combine. He just can't keep it, his metabolism must be through the roof or something.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

By his own account his preferred weight is 255...he was sick before camp this year.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2011/08/maybin-on-his-weight.html

"On whether was sick before training camp: "It was a sickness I had before camp, I lost 10, 11 pounds or so. I do feel a lot better now. In the first couple weeks of training camp up in Buffalo, I was able to put a little bit of that weight back on. I’m holding pretty steady at 240 right now, but I still got a few pounds to go get back to where I feel comfortable playing at during the season."

On what weight he would like to play at: "Hopefully, I’ll be able to get back up to about 255, 256. I think that’s pretty much ideal for where I should be."

On losing weight during training camp: "(255, 256) is where I feel comfortable playing during the season, but I’ve always been the kind of guy whose weight fluctuates. You weigh me in the morning, you’re liable to get something different than when you weigh me in the afternoon. That’s just how I am. I can gain or lose 10 pounds in a two-day period. It’s always kind of crazy when you’re working with that kind of metabolism."

20. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Right, then he lost it.

Hopefully the jets training staff is better than the bills and can figure out how to keep him at 250 or so.