The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Loved the Attitude era, hate the current shit. Stopped watching in 02.

Saw that bit about Scott Hall at ESPN.com. Crazy footage of him wrestling the day after a seizure. And I had no idea he capped a guy and got away with it. He was a dope persona as Razor and nWo, crazy to see him like that.

2. Christian

Christian Active Member

You know your company is in the shitter when theres literally only one person thats interesting on your show. It's such a shame Punk can't just become the head writer and head booker on top of everything else he does.

3. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the last raw was so bad that last thursday's impact was actually better.

vince desperately needs some new writers, or just put punk in charge of the show.

4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Pathetic last night with Nash hitting HHH with the sledgehammer....

5. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

The sledgehammer is the worst "weapon" in wrestling. Even though it's all fake, it's still mildly entertaining in a Jackass sort of way when a guy takes a legit chair shot. It's never been the slightest bit entertaining to see a guy covering the head of the sledgehammer with his hand & lightly jab it at another guy. If you're going to insist on using a sledgehammer, get creative at least. Put a light head or rubber head on the hammer & drill some holes in the arm, swing it like a sledgehammer & have the arm shatter on impact. Make us at least pause for a second & wonder if that at least stung a little bit.

6. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

The only time the sledgehammer was ever threatening was when HHH was tearing apart Orton's fake house with his fake wife in it.

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

As I posted on Twitter last night: Tonight RAW and MNF did something to me the NBA couldn't. Made me miss basketball.

I hadn't watched wrestling in a few months but had nothing else to watch last night, and with Jacksonville being one of the teams on, I didn't even feel like watching the game. I turned on RAW and was constantly thinking it was the worst shit I've ever watched. It looked like a Ewe Boll flick.

The only part even remotely entertaining was when Cena announced wanting the Rock for Survivor Series. I've always liked HHH's sledgehammer shtick, but damn, that was just awful last night. I don't expect convincing, but that wasn't even remotely well played.

Terrible. Just terrible.

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Even Punk has lost his momentum imo.

I'm watching TNA and WWE back to back and honestly, I love the way TNA uses camera angles and solid story lines. They do what they know works. That being said I'm just not interested in anybody outside of RVD, Jeff Hardy, and Kurt Angle (sometimes) there. So I skipped thru most of both companies.

It appears in this past month of not watching anything, I have missed nothing. I'm just trying again to get into it (and catch up) because of the Rock supposedly coming back around.

9. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I agree, but I think its a writers thing, and of course like the last several years its all about Cena.

The Rock is going to come back for Survivor Series SPOILER he is going to come back on November 14th

10. mr nyjet

likewise, i find myself channel surfing during shows. there's not a lot on actually worth watching. i spent more time on the tna show than i did on either raw or smackdown. vince should stop the stupid car gimmick with del rio and spend that money on better writers instead.

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

As someone who hasn't watched wrestling in a good while, I'm so insanely excited for this..

[​IMG]

I bought tickets a few days ago

12. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

Just like when the rock beat hogan, I think cena will beat the rock. Damn passing of the torch

13. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I miss beatdowns like this one:

[youtube]SnirpmLp42E[/youtube]

#2053 HackettSuxTNG, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  14. mr nyjet

football game last nite was a bore, so i watched raw. vince wasted money on kevin nash, who resembles a walking zombie. moves even less then flair or hogan. also brought back mick foley to help set up rock and cena vs. truth and miz.

show still need new writers and fewer dumbazz gimmicks.

15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I love that Mick Foley is back. Also, hopefully The Rock will return to a full time schedule soon but I highly doubt it.

16. IATA

IATA Trolls

psh, he has terrible movies to make, sir.

17. Drew

Drew Active Member

Anyone going to Survivor Series on Sunday? I'm trying to find a decent price to get in.

18. mr nyjet

the rock can make a lot more coin without wrecking his body making movies.

besides, would you want to work wwe full-time given the crappy storyline the current writing staff is producing? don't think so....

19. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

gonna watch stubhub until the last minute for survivor series... the ticket prices are insane... way more expensive than a Jets game

20. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Got mine for 65 $$ a while ago...Don't know anything thats going on, haven't watched in years, but I loved the Rock as a kid and jumped on the chance when two of my friends offered.