Kyle Wilson...what a difference a year makes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JoeWillie130, Sep 13, 2011.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You're preaching to the choir on Cromartie's play, you're basically repeating what I said.

My POV is about trading/cutting Cro now, which is crazy stupid, and what a few posters with no clue have stated earlier.

You don't talk about cutting Cromartie mid-season...IT's STUPID.

You don't have to lecture me on how players develop.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ McKnight was picked because he's a ST beast and has amazing speed.

Not because of sanchez.

And Pete Carroll had a shot to draft him and passed.

3. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

I get what you're saying I'm talking off season moves. Cro's contract is more than his worth and if Wilson can give us the same production at a fraction of the price then we trade him for a pick and grab a Webb or Ball. WW85 you're one of the smartest posters on the board I would never lecture you as you are the teacher and I am the student

Scotty McKnight not Joe McKnight you ass hole

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

McCourty had an incredible season last year.

Both players are outstanding young corners and I would have taken McCourty in a heartbeat if Wilson was drafted ahead of him.

Long term, I'd rather have Wilson.

5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Listen I am ALL for getting draft picks, I think if this team can have another solid draft and infuse some solid youth too the team we'd be scary for awhile but taking away a luxury ( 3 great corners) for a player that could have a 50/50 chance of being solid is not smart for this team. We have too live and die with what Cro gives us as a team but his ceiling is extremely high as a fast and shifty CB. He makes bad decisions at times but he has improved more and more by game with the Jets.

We need to make smart moves to get too a SB, trading Cro is not one. If a team offered us a big time pass rusher for him maybe Id reconsider but since that hasnt happened yet Im glad too have him as a Jet.

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

It's a shame some posters feel Cromartie has all this value and would give us a boatload of draft picks.

I think Cro is going to be a Jet thru 2012's season.

7. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

I'm all for keeping Cro too but he falls into these lapses where we get out of sync. Cro gambles a bitm much and our safeties are horrible in coverage and we gotta be able to stop the passing game to get to the SB. Big Ben, Brady, Manning(next year), Rivers these are the guys we will end up seeing. We know what we're gonna get from Revis, we are starting to see what we're gonna get from Wilson with Cro we never know. He's just needs to be disciplined and stop letting QB's get throws his way as he wants the title of ball hawk and play maker rather than elite shut down corner. If he had Revis' discipline I'd have no problem with him.

8. Petey

Petey Active Member

I'm not sure if you're including me in that statement, but I was referring to the Jets parting ways with Antonio Cromartie after the 2012 season.

9. mystikol

mystikol New Member

lol

10. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

Let's settle this discussion with two sentences:

Rex Ryan needs as many capable corners as possible. Cromartie is not expendable regardless of how good Kyle Wilson is playing.

11. Ulrich

Ulrich Member

The idea of trading Cro doesn't seem realistic for several reasons, some already stated. But I think one of them is Rex's reputation. If Tanny tries to shop him around or if he becomes a malcontent, what team is going to say: we can get better production out of him? Certainly no team that plays the zone. Let's resign ourselves to having three good to GOAT corners for a while.

12. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

we are currently 5th in the league in Defense against the pass, so I think our secondary, although I agree our safeties suck, is doing just fine. What we need too do is stop the run effectively. We have basically lost that in our defense this season. If we can do that our D will be one of the better ones in all the NFL again. And Cro's job is too feed off the mistakes of the QB and #2 WR he goes after balls too get key turnovers for us. What he needs too stop doing is getting stupid holding penalties, if he can slow down on that and play too the QBs mistakes Jets fans will start likely his play once again.

13. Trifco

Trifco New Member

Do Stack's wife counts as part of this board?
    If she is and she supports K-dub, I don't think there's any competition, right?

14. surviveone

surviveone New Member

I agree ;)

15. justfndoit

justfndoit New Member

I concur.....survive2

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'm not family, I expect family to unconditionally support their brother.

While all the doubters last year were trashing Kyle, I was one of a handful having his back.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Wilson was bounced around cus of the Revis holdout last year and that hurt his rookie year imo. He did show signs of having coverage skills but just struggled with finding the ball which doesn't appear to be a problem now.

18. justfndoit

justfndoit New Member

We are real. We both played D1 ball...at the same positions.....Truth be told we're probably rougher than these forums and Kyle is even more critical.

19. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Congrats, man. You and the fam have to be proud. Big play today!!

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Players need time to develop. Bottom line.

Because of the Vernon Gholston fiasco, most posters believe if draft picks don't contribute at a high level right out of the gate, they're busts. Which, you and I both know, is asinine.

I never wavered from Kyle Wilson. I'm happy he's finding his place in this defense. Kyle's hardwork, his workouts with Revis and showing patience is finally paying off.