Kyle Wilson...what a difference a year makes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JoeWillie130, Sep 13, 2011.

1. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

PJ4 is right. We can't put Cro in the slot, because he refuses to use his hands and jam the shifty guys who thrive on timing. By blowing up their timing, it stops the shifty guys, and Cro refuses to do that, and thats how he gets beaten 30 yards down field by Brian fucking Hartline.

Wilson has shown he can cover the quick shifty guy all day long. What he hasn't shown yet is that he can cover a big physical recevier on the outside all day long. Yes he has covered Dez in week 1 for a while, but Dez was already shaken up at that point and it was only for a few plays. He did it admirably, not even having a ball thrown his way, but he didnt have to do it for long. He also covered Austin for a while that day as well. Thats what I cant wait to see, is how Wilson can matchup on the outside against a real big time threat.

2. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

You wont hear me argue against that one, Rhodes is as soft as they come.

But you know, I was giving it some thought and honestly you might be on to something here. With the progression of Wilson if he keeps improving at this rate he will better than Cro before the season is over.

We have Cro for 3 more years, I would like to see Wilson get CB #2. Cro gain about 20lbs and work on his tackling the entire off season, just get with Bart and David let them school him on his technique then toss him back there Leonhard.

I mean if the guy could actually tackle he seriosly could be one of the best safeties in the game, his ball-hawk skills are there for sure.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Cro will he gone sooner than later if kdub keeps progressing. Probably after next season.

4. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I don't care if his tackling sucks, move Cromartie to centerfield. He is a liability at corner

5. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

Cromartie gets paid 10.75 million both 2013 and 2014. If he doesn't drastically improve there is no way the Jets keep him on for that price past 2012.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

you'll care when Gates is coming over the middle and and Cro tries to tackle him with his Pinky as gates rumbles into the endzone on an 80 yard pass play. or when Tolbert blows cro up over the middle en route to a 20 yard run.

Cro is not a liability at Corner, just highly inconsistent, like everyone else on the roster right now. If you want him to be a liability, play him at Eric Smiths spot. I give him 4 plays before the board is calling for his head...

7. JamesHasty40

JamesHasty40 New Member

As much as i have been disappointed with Cromartie this year. I also think its easy to say this when we have Revis on the other side.

8. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

Cro can't play outside either though :rofl:

9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Im all for making E. Smith a Linebacker... and Making Cro compete with Pool for safety... K.Wilson deserves the #2 spot and Shut DOWN Bess last night.... Cro is the new reincarnation of K Rhodes softest center fielder in the game

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You don't have a friggin clue, what you're talking about makes no sense with your roster moves.

11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Over the first 6 games so far im extremely disappointed with cro. Sure he makes flashy plays sometimes but he lacks consistency. Wilson has drastically improved from last year and if cro continues to play the way he has i dont know if we will hold on to him. It's funny that cro said he would be playing with a chip on his shoulder. Guess not. My biggest problem with cro is his scared bullshit style of play. I dont know if anyone is scared to tackle on the jets besides him and I dont know if Rex will hold on to a guy who plays inconsistently and cant tackle. We saw this past offseason how badly Rex wanted Asomugha. Sure asomugha is good but you have to wonder if Rex is kinda fed up with Cro's inconsistency and lack of physicality.

12. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Cro is just a placeholder. Wilson is our future at cornerback.

13. 624

624 Banned

You don't sign a "placeholder" to that contract.

14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Duh I just hate cromartie and want to force him away from covering WR's... Its all a joke w/ some sarcasm Lol

15. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

I don't think Wilson is getting nearly enough love for what he's been doing this season. He's been magnificent so far.

16. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

probably because the D as a hole has been underwhelming. figures when our pass D is elite again we can't stop the run. amazing.

17. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Wilson has stepped up his game big time this year. Good to have him as a safety net with Cro being a huge liability at this point.

18. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Not that I'm thinking Cromartie should be replaced, but it's obvious he at times fails to cover his guy, and it even looks as if he isn't trying to. He's still our best no. 2, though.

#178 Flyboy, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  19. Petey

Petey Active Member

Following the 2012 season, ff the Jets decide to cut Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson's play makes me feel comfortable that he'll be able to slide right in and be successful.

20. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Bump.

Great game by the kid.