aaron maybin is our best pass rusher

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Oct 17, 2011.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Totally. I mean, it would be so out of character for the Jets to to sign an underachieving diva wideout with a long rap sheet and loads of playmaking 'potential'.

What's next? Sign a guy straight out of prison to start? Some people need to get with reality.

The Dolphins are a shambles. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Marshall cut this offseason, guaranteed money or not.

#61 abyzmul, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Say what you will but I guarantee you that there are several other GMs kicking themselves right now for not signing this guy when the Jets cut him. He may be one dimensional, but that one dimension is impressive.

3. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I agree, The thing is his one demension gets the QB to step up closer to our rush making it more effective. The guy needs to learn better tech. but his motor and speed help the rest of the line.

4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

1. Maybin has definitely been impressive, but Pace is more of a complete pass rusher.

2. I would like to see the Jets use Maybin's ridiculous speed to their advantage. They could send him out wide on a speed rush, creating a huge gap between the OT and OG, then send two blitzers through this vacated space.

5. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Anyone have a link to a highlight reel of Maybin from last night?

6. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

The good thing about Maybin is that by having a good game as a pure speed rusher, in a game that everyone watched, opposing coaches will now have to include that in the game plan.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If the Fins end up with the #1 pick and draft Andrew Luck, why in the hell would they cut their best receiver?

It's got to the point that no matter what I say, you make a shitty attempt to call me out or disagree with me.

You suck at this. ...and when I say "this", I mean baiting.

Bash "potential" - Marshall had a very good game against the best corner in the world. I don't give a god damn how crazy or inconsistent he is, he's proven.

#67 Mr Electric, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  8. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

The equipment guys need to work on some cleats that will keep Maybin on his feet. Wish some others on the team would get his spirit. He could have the Buffalo press scratching their heads in a couple weeks.

9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

It's ok to be wrong. Just admit he's a good pass rusher.

10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Watched him at Penn State for 2 years and he never gave up on a play, no matter how far out of it he was. Still only 23 and you can't teach someone to have a big heart and great speed...

11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

try to sign this kid for another year or 2 for dick cheap. hes good for 15snaps a game.

12. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

He was a first round pick for a reason, because he has talent. I think once he gets more work in with this defense, he will be a really solid player for us. He could even develop into the elite pass rusher we have been looking for for years. Im not going to lie, Maybin has really impressed me. I like it!!!

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I was incorrect about him making any sort of impact on this team. I didn't think he'd hustle back from being completely and easily washed out of the play and make plays from behind on opponents.

But he is still not a good pass rusher. No scout will admit that. That's incorrect.

14. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

He is playing like a JET! I am glad we woke up and re-signed him. he might really be a great player in time for us. rex can mold these types of men who desire to be great!

15. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Mahem Maybin plays like a Jet! Let the opposition be ware!

16. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Get over yourself....Maybin is good as pass rushing

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

[​IMG]

I knew I saved this picture for 6 years for a reason.

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I liked what Rex did with Maybin near the end of last night's game. Rex had him playing off the LOS spying the QB. Maybin used that elite speed of his to chase down the QB if/when he left the pocket. He also did some delayed blitzes from that position. This gives him a more straighter line to the QB w/ less traffic to deal with. The more space we can get between him the O-line the more effective he is as a pass rusher. Thought it was a brilliant move by Rex. That scheme should come in handy when we play Philly.

19. TheGreenLantern

He may not be the most talented pass rusher, but I admire his effort. If we work with him a little he can definitely become a real threat to opposing offenses. It's more credit than Gholston ever deserved, so I'm pretty content with what he's giving us.

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

That's a good point. Maybin could be essential to containing Vick.