PURELY HYPOTHETICAL: Forte or Hillis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanJoe, Oct 18, 2011.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

bingo.

*ReasonableFillah*

2. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

I'd take Ray Rice.

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

Faulk was traded because he was going hold out for a huge contract, and it's widely accepted that the Colts got taken in that trade.

Greene is not going to get us anything. At this point, he'd basically be a throw in because he has not performed at all. And given the status of our OLine, Forte wouldn't do a whole lot, either.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

the question was never what would chicago accept. Its what I would be willing to part with. obviously chicago is retarded if they would accept that deal. Why I wouldnt offer anything more than that is posted by Mick below.

Weve already taken RB's in the draft that should be ready to step up soon, no need to trade for a guy who'd be a rental and to resign would cost mucho dollars.

5. Jim

Jim New Member

It doesn't matter what running back they have, there aren't many holes being opened by the offensive line. That needs to be fixed first

6. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Copy this. Lets stay away from stupid fucking trades and start building up our depth- unless of course Brett Favre decides to coming back- then lets sell the ranch.........

7. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I'd give a second for Forte. I wouldn't touch Hillis with a ten foot pole, one dimensional player, and the way he runs makes him an injury waiting to happen.

8. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I don't care how many mid-round picks we invested at the RB position, you can't let that prevent you from upgrading the team.

That being said, I doubt Chicago moves Forte. There will be too big of a disconnect between what they'll want & what they'll get. Since he's not locked up past this season, his trade value is diminished far below what his value on the field would be. If the Bears won't meet his demands, but another team will, they'll just wait to make a contract offer in the offseason.

Hillis's value is much lower, which makes him a more reasonable trade target.

Greene & LT are not long term solutions, and McKnight is not an every down back. I don't think we pursue these guys now, but it wouldn't surprise me if we take a shot in free agency.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The amount of Shonn Hatred growing around here is absolutely ridiculous.

the Shonnmower is a workhorse type runner who wears down defenses and eventually breaks one.

90% of the running backs who get hit @ or behind the LOS are tackled. That's a product of the O-Line and OC Predictability more that who the RB is.
    The fact that the D will be stacked against the run and we still run it up the gut will kill any RB's YPC.....

10. ........

........ Trolls

Any team would have to be idiotic to pay the price for Forte right now. The trade deadline is today, and you'd be giving up a high draft pick for, potentially, 10 or 11 regular season games with Forte. You wouldn't have time to negotiate a new contract with him prior to the trade TODAY, so you'd be assuming that you could work one out with him before he hits free agency next season. The Bears wouldn't drop below a 2nd+, so you'd be giving up a first rounder or 2 picks for a guy with a whole lot of uncertainty. I honestly can't think of a team for whom this trade would make sense. You'd have to be a contender with an absent running game hoping to emphasize that run game and gearing up for an all or nothing run at the Lombardi.

11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I would kill for Matt Forte, but it would really be a bad idea to trade for him. We definitely need an OL or two, and a solid WR, and we can't give up any high round picks. Best case scenario, we get a real solid O-Lineman in the first round next year, and a WR in the second round, and Forte stays with Chicago for the rest of the year and becomes a free agent, who we then pick up. I would be fine with paying him a lot, and I'm sure we could make it work. This would work especially because Greene and LT are free agents at the end of this year (I do believe) and we wouldn't have to resign Greene. I wouldn't mind having LT back though, because he is pretty damn valuable. That gives Powell some time to grow physically, hopefully someday to be the #1 guy, and on top of that I think LT is a great help to McKnight who seems to be very versatile, making some catches down the field in a LeSean McCoy-esque way. Also, the our o-line played much, much better in the second half, and although it was against the dolphins it gives me a bit of hope. Honestly the Jets have the ability, and they only do really poorly when they have no confidence, some of which they got back in this game.

12. ........

........ Trolls

Agreed. I can't fault the guy for being unable to run when he's hitting a complete lack of a hole.

13. MaximusD163

It's tough to say about Greene, but you can't be that optimistic about him. First of all, he doesn't have that acceleration and speed that makes a big threat, and honestly, a big threat in the running game is what we need. Why were the Jets good the last couple season? Because we had a strong run game which opened up opposing defenses to the occasional big play through the air. I'm not bashing Sanchez, because he can make it happen when he has to, and I'm not bashing Greene either, but we are really the opposite of the Pats in that they have a great passing game, which makes it ok that they only have Woodhead and Green-Ellis. We just need a great running game to make it ok that we have Sanchez.
    Even last year LT was better than Greene, and that should have been a pretty big clue. Not that Greene is bad, we just need better. Thats just my personal opinion.

#33 MaximusD163, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  14. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

Idk how true this is. Forte makes plays happen, Chicagos Oline sucks, it really does. Forte is just really shifty and redicolously explosive. He has the ability to make LBs and DB's miss at the 2nd and 3rd level.

15. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Forte, a 25 year old prove NFL back. Hmmmm, lets say, Burress, Cro, & Greene.

To Much, but I would for a young proven back, and Chicago could use all three.

16. MaximusD163

I agree, didn't Chicago's O-Line let Cutler get sacked like 5 times by the FALCONS' D in game 1? that doesn't sound like a good O-Line to me... Forte would definitely make a big difference.

17. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

IDK what happened to Greene. He used to have that acceleration and burst. It's no longer there.

18. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Who's line is worse? Chicago or NYJ

19. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

we are getting anally raped in that deal, even if we get a #1 as well. I would want Peppers for that kind of stuff we would give up.

20. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Bottom line, if Chicago wants to get rid of Forte, give them anything that is needed. We haven't had a true #1 since Martin.