Kyle Wilson...what a difference a year makes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JoeWillie130, Sep 13, 2011.

1. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Hell of a job by the kid. Working out with Revis really shows.

2. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I'm almost to the point of saying he could do a better job than Cro...

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah, that would be nice, just a little consolation prize for the great year he's having. He deserves it

4. surviveone

surviveone New Member

He is playing well. The sky is the limit.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Your brother is a beast. I'm so happy 28 other teams let him drop to the Jets last April. Fools.

If he didn't have that future hall of fame CB on the roster, I'd call him the best tackling CB on the team. Damn that Revis guy, Vince. :lol:

6. surviveone

surviveone New Member

;) thx. :jets:

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Is it wrong that I was actually pissed off he let Bess catch a pass for like 8 yards with under 2 minutes to play? I was actually pissed off Wilson let Bess get away from him.

In total seriousness, the kid has been freakin fantastic. He has allowed almost nothing in terms of completions, his receiver is just taking days off, even more so than Revis' guy on certain days (like today). Wilson's first INT is not to far away, and its going to be a proud day for Vince and Co when it happens. With luck it happens next week at home so the Wilsons (all 37 of them haha) can celebrate with their entire row.

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Cro has been crap this year. Hopefully Wilson gets a shot at #2 at some point.

9. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

I wouldn't be opposed to letting Cro play safety on a few plays. Let his ball skills shine.

10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Cro can't play safety, safeties have to be able to tackle.

But like mick said, Wilson sure can tackle thats one thing he excels at quite well.

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Almost? Cro has been terrible this year. Wilson has been on mostly #3 recievers though.

12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I dunno man... Marshall did spin out of a Revis tackle that Wilson had to clean up.... controversy!!!

but in reality Wilsons skills have skyrocketed. I was praying this guy was around for us pre senior bowl, then after that completely gave up hope because he should have gone top 15-20, then somehow he is sitting there on the clock. It was awesome to see him be there, and just what we needed most.

Vince and the rest of the Wilsons should be extremely proud of what kyle has done so far. He really is an incredible cover guy, could very easily be the second best cover guy on the team, and possibly one of the best pure cover guys in the league. Unfortunately nobody knows about him because he's relegated to the #3 role, and not making 'game changing plays' i.e. interceptions. The reason he isnt picking off passes, is because nobody is throwing his way because he is plastered to his man always.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hahahaha, let the debate begin.

And I was in the same boat. I thought he would never drop to the Jets at 29, and then the Falcons and Pats passed on him, the Browns at 7 too.

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

There's no reason to get rid of Cromartie.

I kind of like having 3 corners who can play, ya know?.. Could Wilson be an outside corner for us? Yes, of course. But he's playing lights out inside right now. No reason to mess with a great thing. It's a great problem to have.

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I wasnt extremely shocked the browns passed. Haden was considered the top CB all season long, and then online once the shorts tests (combine) started did Wilson really close the gap. When Houston took Kareem Jackson, no reason not to laugh in their faces, what the hell were they thinking? Then I started rooting for him to be taken before 27 (pats pick) because I didnt want him anywhere near NE. When he was still on the board, I was positive he was a Patriot. I figured Mccourty wouldnt be a bad consolation prize, but I really wanted Wilson. pats took Mccourty, and then Wilson ended up in our laps.

Last year the competition jump (plus the revis holdout) hurt him. Mccourty racked up INT's because people were throwing the ball at him all day, all year long. This year, Mccourty is interceptionless (i believe anyways) and has been burnt to a crisp more in every individual game this year than wilson has all season. Yes Wilson has been covering #3 guys for the most part, but they have rotated around the DB's, Wilson covered Welker for a while, Miles Austin and Dez Bryant, Jason Witten against Dallas. He has spent time covering the big boys, and hasnt allowed a catch to any of the aforementioned.

16. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

Put hoemarti in the slot

K-Dub on the outside opposite Revis is the future for the next 7 years

17. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Love the kid. His intensity is what I love most bout him. Goes HAM every time he's on the field and plays beyond the whistle and I love that about him. We got ourself a good one here. The rest of the league will be aware of him soon enough.

18. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Only reason we can't play Wilson outside (I think this is obvious) is that Cro can't play inside. Of course, you could play Cro as the #4 corner and play Strickland inside, but that's just not going to happen. I was never a Cro fan, and he's really not playing very well. Should've been burned for a TD on that Marshall play, like wtf was he doing running out of bounds there.

19. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Neither could Kerry Rhodes...

20. Play Like A Jet

Looks like all this draft class needed was a little time and benefit of the doubt. Wilson seems to be hitting his stride and Joe McKnight has been getting his number called on special teams and on a few plays on offense last night.

If working with Revis helped Wilson, maybe we send Big Vlad out west to train with him next off season! :smile: