Play like jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Oct 17, 2011.

1. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

If there is one thing I want to see this week its the team playing with intensity and fire..something I think has been lacking this year especially in Oakland and Baltimore where we looked ..frankly scared.

Hit some of those turquoise wearing faggots in the mouth and take them on in the trenches.

I want to see Harris knocking Reggie Bush out of the game...Matt Moore running for his life and Greene dragging bodies.

This should not be a pretty win...we need to make a character statement that this Jets team is for real!!! Too much talk and not enough actual play...we need a Ravens type display from the defense to strike some fear into teams. We look vulnerable and that gets you nowhere...we have to slap that shit down and start to scare teams.

Rant over!

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Beating up on a terrible Miami team won't send much of a message, but it'll be a good confidence boost that the team really needs.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think beating up on a Miami team does send a message. The Dolphins always play the Jets tough. I actually don't expect the Jets to beat up on them. It will probably be a good game. I just want a win.

4. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

I agree its no achievement but this team is built on an image and so far this year its one of being run over..in Oakland, Baltimore and at the end of the Pats game.

5. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I get what you're saying here, but I've come to (finally) agree with the thought that a mark of a good team is winning the games you are SUPPOSED to win. We're supposed to win this, so I wont discount it if we do.

6. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

I will be happy with 4 solid quarters. That means intensity and no mental lapses. From the opening kickoff until the final gun I want to see this team not let up for a second and to win the game going away. THEN I will start to believe that this team can pull itself together.

7. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Yeah. Not winning will send an even stronger message. Unfortunately that message would be: We suck.

So let's win! Let's get back to 3-3 and get some momentum going our way.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Yeah, this is true. I'd just like to see a win against a playoff contender before I get all "t00t t00t" about the team.

9. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I agree with OP. A statement needs to be made, not so much for the rest of the league but to our team and fanbase. Rex needs to remind us that the Jets are ready to smack down anyone that gets in their way. This team has thrived on an us against the world attitude and a "Jolly good kicking" of Miami could do a lot to re unite this fan base and squash the in fighting in the locker room.

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

if we lose this game this team isnt doing shit unless it plans on winning out afterwards

hard rivalry or not we need to win this convincingly

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

people are dickriding the last 2 yrs banking on a turnaround labeling anyone who sees this team in the realm of reality a "SOJF"

this team is 1 more loss and a few more bad quotes from being in a complete spiral.

I wish I could hear what Rex is saying to them behind closed doors, cause the constant ego patting is getting a little old when the team is playing the way it has up to this point.

they can turn it around but this is the final opportunity to start

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I expect Miami to show up and play loose. They don't have much to lose right now, which is always a dangerous thing. You know what they say about a cornered, wounded animal.

Sanchez and the entire offense need to play loose and CONVERT ON 3RD DOWNS earlier than they've been doing, like maybe some time in the 1st quarter? I'm afraid of this one because Sanchez knows this one is his to lose and Miami will be looking for a confidence booster. This thing has all the makings of a trap game.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Nah... we can win this one the old fashioned way... by telling the Dolphins up front we're going to kick their ass.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'd rather play like Ravens or Lions or 49ers or Packers or Saints...

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

We've lost 3 in a row, Miami has lost 4 in a row.

After what we've been through these past 3 weeks there is no way in hell Rex will allow this team to lose tonight. We're due for a big game, I hope they stop the Ground & Pound shit against the leagues 31st ranked pass D. Just like I was hoping we wouldn't start it against the leagues WORST pass D. (NE)

Their starting QB is out, Marshall is going crazy, and Sanchez does play the Phins well.

16. Section 227. Row 5

That's what I'm talking about. We need to go out and remind these guys we're going to kick their asses and then we're going to the Superbowl. If we do that, the rest will take care of itself and all we have to do to win tonight is suit up.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Doesn't that just fucking frost you? I actually thought Rex was kidding, or saying that stuff about G&P to throw Belichik off (like that's really going to happen). But no, he was fucking serious. I don't freaking get it.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

When he said I was pissed and on Twitter people said it must be a smokescreen. That game did make me lose just a little respect for Rex. As long as he comes out guns blazing tonight I'll be happy.

There has to be a point where we put our full faith in Sanchez and ride or die with him. He will learn no other way on how to carry an offense if he never gets the chance. For Rex to reign it in after facing the Ravens with our leaky/Mangoldless line was just retarded.

19. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

:rofl::rofl: Well played.

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

The confidence boost would come if they decide to kick the shit out Miami tonight. The message to the league that we are still here would come next week against San Diego.

Hopefully they really are still here, because this team really needs a wake up call.