Week 6: Dolphins at Jets discussion thread...squish the fish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Not everybody expects the Jets to win, and a low scoring game favors the Fish. I think Matt Moore can get them a couple of scores in a game, and since Sanchez didn't turn over the ball against the Pats, he's due for some this week.

Keep in mind that back in 2004 or so, the year when Wannstadt resigned, the Pats came in to Miami on a big winning streak for a MNF game and left with a big L. The Fish kicked the Pats' butts royally in that game -- they may have picked Brady 4 times in that gem, too.

The moral of the story is that the Fish may only be Guppies this season but they can turn into bad ass Carp under the right circumstances. They've had 2 weeks to get Matt Moore ready to start, and the Jets have a divided locker room.

#81 Catt_County, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  2. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Yes, the Jets are very vulnerable right now and if the Dolphins were ever going to steal a victory, it would be now. My point was not that I expect the Jets to win, but if they do, I see a 10-6 type of victory, which would not be very helpful.

3. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Then it's a stupid point. If we win this week, we're back to .500.

I don't care how we do it but we need to win these next two games. Our schedule gets much easier after the bye. We need to be 4-3 going into it.

4. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Hey man enjoy the game. I hate the Dolphins with a vengeance but this in itself is a compliment. We cannot afford to lose this game so I see a solid Jet performance which will be far too much for the Phins.

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

I know a win is a win at this point, but I feel that if we dont win by a good margin, and get out swag and confidence back, the win wont do much...

If we can only win 10-6 vs a 0-4 team with Matt Moore as QB, I would be pretty disappointed

But then again a win is a win so at this point, you take what u can get

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

If Sanchez has time and IF Schotty finally gives him the green light to air it out to Holmes or to get Keller more involved, this is not going to be a 10-6 game.

Even if we play the same as last week, this is not a 10-6 game.

The Jets should win this with flying colors despite how tough the fins played us in the past.

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I hate when people say someone is due to do something. Thats bullshit. Just because you didn't do one thing one week doesn't mean you are going to do it the next. Do Bills fans think this way because you were bad for so long you are finally due a good season?

8. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

He's talking about the final score. Not our record at the end of the year. :up:

9. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

No shit. He was saying that if we win by only 4 it's not going to be very helpful. That's retarded. A win is a win. They are a premium in this league. It's not the BCS. It doesn't matter how you win games as long as you win them.

10. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

my gut is telling me we are gonna win big, but my gut has been wrong before.

11. Endlessly Counting

First I'm stupid, now I'm retarded. Its good to know that you think so highly of me

First, I could point to a lot of seasons (1970, 1975, 1980, 1983, 1999, and 2008 to name a few) where we lost these kind of games. So while I want them to win, and I think under Rex and Tanny that its a different mindset than ever before, they have lost these kinds of games in the past and I can't help but worry that history will, once again, repeat itself

Second, if you've been watching, reading or listening to any form of media, the Jets, whether you like it or not, don't get credit for wins...they have to win in style. A 32-3 victory is dissected and taken apart. It "doesn't count" in some circles. So, if the Jets win a lackluster 10-6 game, where they don't move the ball on the ground, Sanchez looks sloppy, Schottenheimer's play calling is weak, as usual, the defense doesn't dominate and the Jets win primarily because the Dolphins suck, the criticisms will continue, the player's statements will continue to be blown out of proportion, and the fans will continue to overreact. The victory alone will not help turn things around.

I agree that a win is a win. But, do you really think that that will be the prevailing thought, if they get a lackluster win, like I described above?
    The Jets will be bombarded with the fact that they haven't played well in any game yet this season.

The Jets have to show that they've significantly improved in some area a victory on Monday to be a good stepping stone for the rest of the season.

12. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

First of all, to clear things up, your point was both stupid and retarded. I don't know you so if you are either of those things, I'm not one to judge.

Secondly, I didn't read the rest of your post because I only need to bring up one example to prove that how you win games isn't important in this league as long as you win them.

First, I'll start with a counter-argument. Last year, as I'm sure you know, we won several games in the final moments to inferior opponents. That worked fine for this team until December 6th when we got demolished by a Patriots team in Foxborough that had the same record as we did but was playing much better football. That was the best time for anyone who believes that how you win games is important to make their argument.

Now fast-forward to January 16th, the date that we got revenge on the Patriots by defeating them in the playoffs. That would never have happened if we didn't win 10 games that season. So if we had lost two of those games that we won in the final moments against inferior opponents, we never would have made it to the playoffs that season, we never would have gotten a chance to take revenge on the Patriots, and we never would have gotten a chance to get to the Super Bowl. That's why it doesn't matter how you win games in this league. It only matters that you win them.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Yeah I actually thought the Jets were going to win last week.

My gut was right about the Ravens game though. ugh

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will take any type of win as the team NEEDS it now----------that said this game should not be close--we should easily get our swagger back as this game is just what the DR ordered. The Only game/ team that would be better would be Jacksonville!

The FISH are ready to fire their coach,,, they are reeling way worse then us ,they have a guy at qb that has played zilch and IF this game is not at least a 31-10 victory then I will be shocked.:up:

ps the fish should not be allowed to hang around in this game----if the Jets allow the score to stay close and let the fish hang around we could have issues----I believe REX/ the Jets will set the tone very early and never look back---time will tell :jets:

15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

As long as Schottenheimer is calling the plays, I never feel confident with how it's going to turn out.

16. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

This made me LOL......He's BOUND to have turnovers....yeah alright you fuck

17. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

I would sacrifice this game .....if it meant REX would consider firing scotty

18. Endlessly Counting

Were you drunk when you wrote this?

19. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

[​IMG]

edit: I don't want to get banned

#99 Vorrecht, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  20. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I'm down/ Fuck this anemic offense