Fed up with Rex and Tannenbaum

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DHarris52, Oct 12, 2011.

1. clevjetsfan

clevjetsfan New Member

troll

D harris sounds like a pats fan.he's probably a troll starting trouble maker but he is lol funny.TROLL

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he's a jets fan.

4. 624

624 Banned

This makes sense....

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I think the frustration is that the Jets, under Rex, usually have not defeated good teams in the regular season.

PS - looking at the 2009 season, the Jets were so bad (swept by Miami, swept by New England)...and look what happened.

In 2010 they won 5 in a row, took a loss, then won 4 in a row.

they never lost 3 in a row.

This year is a regression year already.

#145 GQMartin, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

You know people like to jump off bridges here. Rex is 26-15 as Jets coach, Tannenbaum has consistently brought in top talent, we've been the the AFC Championship Game two years in a row, most of our top young players are signed and sealed. Yes we lost a few games, a lot of teams stand to lose at Oakland, Baltimore and New England. People who are "fed up" can go away now, nobody will miss them. Or pop in some tapes from the Rich Kotite era if you want something to complain about.

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i fullly admit to having to find my balls but i have noticed something during the last 3 weeks that i hadn't seen much of for the better part of the last 3-4 years....

the jets are getting handled at the LOS on both sides of the ball, run and pass, way too much.

u can think of many reasons why but its evident that guys aren't shedding/keeping blocks, filling/creating gaps, and not winning the 1 on 1's. talent level is about the same so what could it be?? until it changes for the better i do not expect a visit to the post season this year unfortunately.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Rex and Tanny are starting to remind me of the feel good days of Herm and Bradway. It's just a matter of time...

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

This is how I see it:

On the defensive side:

DL: Fixed (Good guys in place + two young guys coming in)
    ILB: Set for now. (May need some fresh thoroughbred)
    OLB: Needs fixing
    CB: Set for some time. (Revis, Cro and Wilson are pretty good already)
    Safeties: Needs fixing

------------------------------------------------------------

So I say Jets are getting there - will get there in a year or two if that long

On offensive side:

OL: Needs some serious infusion of fresh blood. (Tannenbaum fucked this one up royally.)
    WR: Plax needs replacement.
    TE: Either lock up Keller or drafting a good TE is in order
    RB: Greene/McKnight/Powell -> Set for now
    FB: Conner -> Set.
    QB: Sanchez -> Maybe QB Coach?

So the offense is not that far off either.

Once the OL gets some fresh replenishment, with some time together during the off season, they will perform up to the high standard that is demanded.

Out of possible 11 spots that could be weaknesses, Jets are at least adequate on 7 of them. While it's not perfect, but then it's a lot better than other teams. On top of that, you don't have to rely entirely on drafts to address these holes. Maybe Jets can do a little better on the offensive side of course, but all in all, this is still a good team, regardless of how much they look regressed this year.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We also lost Braylon Edwards and signed a 34 year old WR whose best days are behind him. Everybody is a year older and many of the starters are over 30 and a year older. The younger starters not in that group include people like Eric Smith and Matt Slauson who aren't particularly good at what they do.

What I've taken away from the first 5 games this year is that if Mangold went down the Jets would probably go 4-12 against the schedule they have ahead of them. The talent on the team is not all that strong beyond a few core players and the depth is poor.

Good coaching can only go so far in propping up a talent base that is not at a championship caliber level and the Jets have lost enough talent over the last two years that they're not at that level.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The key is you need a coach and GM who know what they're doing and you can continue to be good. Pittsburgh routinely lost top free agents for years and continued to win, did it with guys like Tommy Maddux at QB. The NFL is constant change and transition, if you have a coach that can scheme and get guys to buy in you can win.

Goes without saying that if you lose the game's best center after losing your #1 backup in the pre-season, you're going to struggle with a huge hole in the middle of your O-line vs a team like the Ravens. Find me a team who wouldn't.

12. CP to LC =TD

CP to LC =TD New Member

I think the team will be fine. But they will never get anywhere of significance with Rottenheimer running the show. Theyneed to get him far away from my QB

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

It think its the lockout and the absence of Cortland.

Cortland gives these guys that family mentality and the new FAs didn't have that this year. It helps establish the brotherhood on this team.

Everyone commuting, or when they were hofstra half the team staying at dorms and the others commuting, didn't help the cause.

This team needs Cortland every year. The preparation going into the year was poor, and its has shown.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

So, if Cortland ever burns down, the franchise should just fold?

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Maybe we should practice where the Bills do...

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We were 3-2 against playoff teams 2 years ago(we'll only count 2 since Indy rested guys late).

Last year we were 2-4, wouldn't that be regression?

It is funny, maybe the best coach we have ever had and people are fed up. This is the best time in our history to be a fan of this team and people are already spoiled before we have even won a SB.

What's Braylon doing now? he can barely get on the field and Burress is on pace for 42 recs, 646 yds and 6 TDs which is only slighlty behind where Braylon was last year and plax isn't comfortable in this offense yet.

I wanted Braylon back too but the problem is w/ the OL- that's it. OL gets fixed, run game gets fixed, pass game gets fixed.

I think if we had Turner when Mangold went down we would have been fine, it's bad luck that we lost his backup then Nick goes down.

17. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

My biggest concern with the team isn't our record, it's the fact that we don't look impressive consistently on either side of the ball.

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Everyone thought Michael Burry was a troll. Never underestimate someone shorting the Jets when everyone else has bought in.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Good post. I agree with your assessment. I am also tired of all those who say 2-3 is not so bad. The Jets probably should be at 1-4 were it not for bad play by Tony Romo, and that's a far cry off from any hope the Jets are going to go to the SB this year.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

using this flawed logic I guess last year we should have been 7-9 last year, we shouldn't have won the SD playofff game b/c the opposing K missed 3 kicks. We are 2-3, we could be 1-4, we could be 4-1 but we are 2-3. Is this season over? of course not, last year's SB champs were 3-3 after 6 after losing to Washington and Miami back to back.

This is overreactionary nonsense, we may end up sucking but this team under Rex has earned the benefit of the doubt as they have overcome bad stretches in each of the last 2 years.