Fed up with Rex and Tannenbaum

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DHarris52, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Seriously, watching Ryan's monday press conf....whenever the questions pertained to the offense, his face would go droopy blank.

We need a new OC like yesterday.

This team is getting hard to watch.

2. lamont_jordan_rules

... our best coach in years & one of the best gm's in the game ... yeahhhhhh, they are definitely teh su*k ...

l_j_r

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It ain't the front office I'm worried about.

It's those guys wearing the helmets.

Although that could be a reflection on some of the FO people.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You got that right, the offense reminds me of '07

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of '77.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Seriously? as bad as the offense has been they are averaging 25 PPG excluding the Bal game, if you include the Bal game it's 20 PPG, we averaged 14.6 PPG in 2007.

This O is a work in progress, the OL is now getting healthy, Sanchez is getting more comfortable w/ Plax and Kerley. This O will be really good a month from now.

7. nyjunc

That team averaged 13 PPG and last I checked didn't have success in 4 playoff wins the previous 2 years. You guys are getting ridiculous.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Just going by what I see, the past 2.5 games have been extremely poor offensively although the last one wasn't that bad against the worst d in the league. O-line can't block anybody and the offense has been insanely stagnant.

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Other than the Schottenheimer comment, you are off the mark by at least 100 yards, if that close.

10. nyjunc

Baltimore was brutal, as bad as I have ever seen BUT Mangold was out, the Ol was brutal, it was on the road against one of the best D's in the league.

Last week we faced a much weaker D and while we didn't explode we did much better. This O is going to be fine.

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I think the O will be better also, I was just commenting on what I've been seeing lately.

12. nyjunc

I understand and we are all frustrated but it's not '77 or '07 bad:grin:

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

Keep in mind the special teams and defense when putting together those numbers... Because we had a block kick returned for a TD vs Dallas, an INT returned to the 1 yardline vs JAX, a kick return for a TD vs Baltimore, a INT return for a TD and an 80 yard return by Mcknight vs NE.

Excluding those points, our offense has only accounted for 15 points a game. That is pretty bad.

IMO, the Jets need to absolutely dominate the Dolphins on all phases and regain their swag and confidence. If that happens, the season could change its ways

14. nyjunc

I didn't include defensive or STs TDs or the safety.

20 vs. Dallas
    30 vs. Jax
    24 vs. Oak
    3 vs. Bal
    14 vs. NE

I did make one mistake, I didn't include Harris' TD so through 5 games it is 18.2, excluding the one horrendous game at Bal it is 22.

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Good job with the numbers. bottom line its bad and is magnified with the less than stellar play of the defense.

my fear is that the jets may be missing this window of opportunity with their core players. this is year 3 and things should rock. but if this is a down year we go into next year with the same chronic questions at LB and OL and possibly new questions at RB and WR/TE.

16. ppls17

ppls17 Member

As much as our offense struggles some of it is to be expected. THere was no offseason and sanchez didnt get to work with half his wr because they were not on the team or signed during offseason. Of course the timing is going to be off,combine that with bad playcalling and our offense has struggled. I still think we have the best coach in football and one of the best gm's. Ive read on these boards how we have to address our depth and how the patriots have more depth and how bad our cap is next year.
    Cap is in fine shape taking the money left over from this year. We go into draft with a full compliment of draft picks and should get some good compensation picks for losing fa.(seems like patriots always get a million of these). Our depth is slightly down but not as bad as people make it out to seem. Unfortunately we've had to trade some picks in the past few years to get some talent in here.We have good players at almost every position and next seasons draft will be dedicated to adding that depth. Oh and that other team that people love to talk about there depth those cheatriats yeah there offensive line has depth but last year they were playing defense with bums on the street hence why they didnt play defense they have tons of picks every year that add up to nothing they win due to brady and some dam good ol play. There depth will take another hit next year when welker gets a real contract

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

In today's game that is just awful. Why do you think rookie quarterbacks can come into the league now and have success immediately not even playing a pro style offense in college? It is not that they are that much smarter than previous generations it is that passing into today's game is easier than ever.

It used to be run to set-up the pass but those days are long past you need to pass to set-up the run. The rules encourage you to throw the ball and throw the ball down field. The days of playing to manageable third downs is prehistoric because defenses are playing with one hand behind their back.

Third and Long used to be almost unheard of to convert now it common place. So to say the Jets offense is anywhere near good right now is putting the blinders on. Schotty calls a game like he is playing in the 80's or 90's hell the rules are even harder on the D than two years ago. We need to throw the ball to set-up the run if we cant get new OC if it is not the OC get a new QB.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

FWIW teams often do better for a period of a couple of years when a disciplinarian is replaced by a player's coach. There's a high there for the vets who have lived under an unsuccessful demanding coach when they get a guy they like and who makes the game fun for them again for awhile.

Part of what Ryan has brought to the Jets is that he's not Eric Mangini and they've gotten to have fun while they were doing what they do for a living instead of dreading the meetings and practices.

That might explain a lot of what has happened over the last two years.

The Jets under Herm were coming off of two straight years of disciplinarians with disappointing results in Parcells in 99 and Groh in 00. They had a real up season in 2001 with Vinny and then the high wore off in 2002 and the season would have tanked if Chad and Hackett weren't there to pull things out of the fire and if Herm hadn't actually done a pretty damn good job of motivating his players when he refused to blame them for the slow start and instead reminded everybody that you play to win the game.

The talent level on the Jets right now is declining and the euphoria of playing for a good coach who likes his players is going to follow soon enough. The Jets need to get some plus talent in the door or things will go the same way they did for Herm in the end.

And yeah I think Ryan is a much better coach on the defensive side than Herm ever was but that's not the job he has. His job is head coach.

#138 Br4d, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  19. nyjunc

I understand the point but I don't buy it. Maybe for a year like we had w/ Mangini in '06(though I think that had mroe to do w/ good health) but we had success for 4 years under herm after Groh and we had succes the first 2 years post Mangini.

I think people are giving up way too soon after we lost 3 games in 3 tough places to play against 3 good to great teams.

I don't see the talent level declining, maybe a position here or there but this is as talented a team as we have had in a long time. The only position we downgraded talent wise was RT and we made the Title game w/ that RT last year.

I think it's just a bad stretch of football and this team will be fine.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I agree.

Rex just signed an extension last season. He'll be here for at least 6 years barring a 3-13 sesaon

Can people fucking relax?

Yes the SB season is probably dead, but it doesn't mean that the ship is sinking.

Since when did everyone go back to being SOJFs?

Find your fucking balls