Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Yeah, and I would have thought the head coach of the team and the starting QB might know a little something about football and what's going on with our offense.

I'm not saying they have the whole thing figured out, but isn't there some amount of weight that can be attached as credible?

Everyone keeps saying this is being discussed inside the locker, when everyone from inside that locker room is saying otherwise. I've yet to say it's not happening, but so far, the only people labeling any "fact" to it are people outside of said locker room.

That's a good question.

What? You don't want to watch chucks towards the end zone become jump balls? Do you hate fun?

Again, this leads back to the point I keep harping on, it's not all playcalling. There are other problems that Schottenheimer has no control over. Like guys reliably doing their jobs. Which they don't.

More than the Jets coaching staff?

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Ryan and Sanchez are saying exactly what you would expect them to say about Schotty if the Jet's offense was going 3 and out on every drive and giving up a pick-6 a half.

The minute that Ryan throws Schotty under the bus he's going to have to replace him because then the lockerroom will be torn apart by Ryan's guys on D pointing to his statements to explain why the Jets aren't winning.

The minute that Sanchez throws Schotty under the bus it's going to become a death match between them with only one surviving the fight. Schotty is the middle manager and Sanchez is the high-priced talent he manages. If they're openly not on the same page one of them goes away.

If any of Ryan, Schotty or Sanchez breaks ranks at this point we're going to have a bloodbath and lots of stuff will change. That's why none of them will do that.

When Schotty or Sanchez does go away all three of those guys will say the problem was not solely that person's fault and there is shared responsibility at a lot of levels for what has happened to the Jets offense. They'll be politically correct in doing so but they'll also be factually correct.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

No, "us" meaning fans.

We're the coaching staff? In that case why is schotty still here??

See what I did there? I know, I know, I'm an ass.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

And we've seen it work against the cowboys and almost the Pats if his foot didn't hit the boundary line.

What would be nice, would be a lead, so that a play like that can be run and if its incomplete its no big deal.

When its a crucial third down and the team is down by a score, its a different dynamic.

In 5 games, they've lead twice, and won only won of those games - the Jags game.

Pathetic.

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Schotty's playbook
    [​IMG]

6. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Schottenheimer's playbook consists of one page:

[​IMG]

7. mangoldman

mangoldman Member

haha! dude if Shotty was using this book we would being doing much better.

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

He's getting confused with the "X" and "Y" receivers, he keeps saying we don't have anyone named X or Y.

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I was trying to find the video from The Waterboy when the Mud Dogs are getting destroyed and you see Red Beaulieu on the sideline with the Coaching Football for Dummies book laughing and pointing out the plays as they're called. Couldn't find it on YouTube though.

10. mangoldman

mangoldman Member

Directions: opposition with a weak pass defense. spread receivers out and hit quick passes while occasionally looking deep for favorable one-on-one matchups. Make sure receivers run routes designed to attack all areas of the field, forcing defenders to spread apart. Throw in unpredictable run plays out of singleback and shotgun formations.

Shotty's interpretation: run up the middle into the pile?

11. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile the fans need a tube of KY.

13. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

He said nothing negative about Sanchez. He said Turner just needs to gain his sea legs and he'll be fine. He didn't really say much about Plax but it seems like he thinks he can still contribute.

Most of his criticism was with Tanny and Schotty. He said Rex is full of passion, isn't the problem and just wants to coach but he said "someone" has too much of an ego and there's a lot of "backdoor politics" involved.

He also said it makes no sense with all that talent that we never have any offensive consistency.

In his words

Pretty damning, if you ask me.

#3593 AarontheJet, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

15. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

So, we have a game where the offense is slow as usual.

But the defense scores and then stops the opponent to go three and out.

You're at midfield, its 3rd and 3, and you need your offense to get going.... so you call a RB pass back to the QB at midfield.

That is a play that can backfire and cause a pick 6 on its own. It kills the drive, and once again the offense goes three and out, and the defense which has not gotten a break all game so far is back out on the field.

Tell me why he has a job?

17. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Because his father is Marty Schottenheimer.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That's what Jenkins said.

I happen to agree.

19. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

Fire him now and save the season

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This offense is holding this team back. Seriously 3 3&outs to start the game is killing us.