Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Makes sense. Of course, Big Jenx, who couldn't stay on the field for more than a game of football in his last couple of years knows better. Or guys up in the booth. Not Rex. Not Sanchez. Not anyone with the power to fire Schotty. Those are the fools. Oh, and us. You know, because we think it's ridiculous to fire him now, rather than wait and figure out the next step during the offseason.

Meanwhile, we'll ignore that the two QBs who seemingly had Hall of Fame seasons after leaving us had some of the best running backs in football at the time while we have had Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene.

Oh wait. Those are excuses. Just like dropping balls that hit receivers in the hands are excuses for shitty play design. You know, because a good offensive coordinator can make players execute.

The best part of this entire thread is that the "FIRESTABKILLSCHOTTY" contingent steadfastly refuses to acknowledge what the "Don't fire him now" contingent says. Instead, hyperbole and straw men construct an utterly ridiculous argument that is indefensible and indisputable.

At least there are people like Zach and Br4dw4y who can speak intelligently. (Those two names aren't all-inclusive of the sensible people either. Just the first two that popped into my head, so nobody get your panties in a twist.)

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Wow, its kinda funny because I would have thought guys in the booth who have played the game, and certainly a guy who has played for our team, would know a little something about football and what is going on with our offense. I'm not saying they have the whole thing figured out, but isn't there some amount of weight that can be attached as credible?

I'm certainly not blaming the whole thing on the OC, but I think it still says something about the situation given those in and out of the locker room who have started discussing it. And this whole thread reminds me of back in the day hashing out whether Herm should stay or go because despite getting us to the play-offs a few times, most felt he was holding us back.

3. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

B

I was talking to Kris Jenkins on Facebook (he's awesome, you should add him he'll talk Jets with you) and he was basically placing the blame at the feet of the playcalling.

Yet you have these "armchair experts" from the Schottenheimer Defense Force deflecting blame and saying that the pro's don't know what they're talking about.

Forget about the past 5 years of no consistency out of this offensive system. No Schottenheimer is doing a fine job. I love running 5 yard curls on a 3 and 13.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Herm wasn't holding this team back, Bradway was. But you can't fire the GM and keep the coach and so Herm drifted away in that miserable 4-12 season.

Don't get me wrong, Herm wasn't a great coach but he was a lot like Tony Dungy in his ability to keep players motivated and playing at a peak level. He just had less talent than Dungy because players like Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James are hard to assemble on the same offense.

If Tony Dungy had been working with Terry Bradway and Herm Edwards had had Bill Polian I think their fortunes might easily have been reversed.

I'm not on the Tony Dungy as a great coach bandwagon. I think he was a good one who was fortunate to have some great players and a coherent management scheme behind him in both places he worked.

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Dungy was one the most respected D-coordinators in the game before getting HC job. Herm was DB coach I think you are a little confused.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Just curious, did he have anything negative to say about sanchez or plax or turner? Just trying to get an idea if he is still kinda stuck in being a brother in arms to the players.

7. avrus

avrus New Member

Brian Schottenheimer needs to go. We play the worst pass defense in the league and we're afraid to throw the ball? Then when we do we're throwing under 10 yards?

The way our offense is playing I really don't know whether we can beat Miami on Monday. If we lose to Miami and big changes aren't made I think the entire coaching staff is going to be on notice.

8. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

What does that have to do with anything? You want to trumpet that the opinions of the "guys in the booth" should carry weight and at the same time discount the input of Jenks because he was injured? That's fuzzy math. Schotty is shit, has been shit, and probably always will be shit. Sanchez would be better off telling guys to just get open than follow Schotty's gameplan

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

just a little devil's advocate here. What the fuck does Jenx know about offense?

10. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

that man does not get nearly enough credit for what he did in tampa

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Seems to me we threw the ball downfield to Braylon a pretty decent amount last year. Seems to me this year, we dont have anyone who can get open deep so why would we throw the ball down there? Just to watch it fly in teh air for a while to see the pretty spiraling football come crashing to the ground or get intercepted?

12. ukilledkenny

The only hope for the deep ball is Kerley being a reliable underneath guy so Holmes can go deep.

It also requires the line to keep Sanchez upright for more than 2.5 seconds.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

More than us.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

And Plax can catch back shoulder fades as good as anyone, and jump balls are is his specialty as well.

I don't understand why both aren't done on a continuous basis. The last back shoulder pass I saw Sanchez throw put Folk in position to win the game in Indy.

This is the issue - maximizing the talents of the WR.

15. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The Pats made the call for him. It's called the prevent defense.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Dungy inherited Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks and John Lynch in Tampa Bay. It's not hard to turn 3 of the best young players in the game into a strong defense.

He inherited Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James in Indianapolis, getting 3 of the best players at their positions and possibly the greatest QB of all time and one of the top 5 receivers in the process.

If you think his one Super Bowl win in thirteen seasons as head coach is impressive given those facts I have a bridge to sell you.

Herm inherited Vinny Testaverde, Curtis Martin and Laveranues Coles on the offensive side. He inherited John Abraham, Mo Lewis and Aaron Glenn on the defensive side.

The talent he inherited was far below what Dungy got and so the results were also.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

FYP....for accuracy.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He's gone from cutesy to stupid.

Nothing is cute anymore, now its just dumb philosophy.

"Hey, I know the lockout has shortened our preparation, but let's become a passing offense in a months time before a SB expected season. Forget our running game and identity, let's do the opposite."

Stupid. And that's not just on Schotty, that's on everyone in the organization who agreed to whoever came up with that first.

19. ukilledkenny

I have to assume Sanchez isn't comfortable putting throw up to plax's back shoulder. That's a coaching and a player issue. Plax isn't getting shit for separation so he needs to give mark some confidence in just putting it up for him to go up and get.

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Seriously.. it's baffling to me how anybody can try to diminish what Kris Jenkins says. Not only was he a football player, and a very good one, but he played as recently as ONE YEAR ago. He knows THIS league, he knows THESE teams, he knows TODAYS game.

Not only that... he played for THIS TEAM. He was on the Jets. He sat in the meetings.. he saw how the team prepared. He practiced against this offense, knows what they try to accomplish.. People here are insane if they think what he says doesn't matter when he bashes Shittenheimer's offenseive system and philosophy. And you better believe there are other players on the team that talk about this behind closed doors and feel the same way.