Fed up with Rex and Tannenbaum

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DHarris52, Oct 12, 2011.

1. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

I have absolutely had it with Rex and his ego that is getting as big as he is and now Tannenbaum. We struggled with a pass rush last year and then get rid of Ellis and Taylor (I know they are old) and pick up NO replacements and then everyone is wondering why we can't get a pass rush this year!!! Absolutely zero depth on the O line but we can throw all kinds of money at Asomoron. At some point in time this has to start being their fault and not everyone elses. I am tired of hearing fat boys rants and predictions. Back it up. Mason becomes the fall boy for Shotty and fat boy when he said what everyone else in that locker room and 3/4 of the fans feel but nobody else had the balls to say it. Shotty has to go!!! I have a lot of respect for Mason. So Mr. ego goes into the biggest game of the year benching Mason for Kerley and don't give me the "locker room" bull sheet. Both Cotchery and George Bush are sitting back now saying "Do you miss me now?".

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Damn those guys for taking us to the last 2 title games. It's all about now and our 3 game losing streak!

Taylor was a complete non factor rushing the psser last year and everyone remembers Ellis against NE but forgets what he did in the reg season.

Can we all calm down please? It sucks to lose 3 games in a row especially this early but we lost 3 straight TWICE 2 years ago, we lost 3 of 4 in DECEMBER last year. We may not recover this year but doesn't our coach and team deserve the benefit of the doubt before we start jumping ship? Let the season play out a bit please.

3. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Non factor?

I guess the safety sack was a non factor? What games are you watching. That is just the short list. Add ihedibo, Coleman and everyone else that they let go on both sides of the ball and did not replace them with anybody. Take off your rose colored glasses this team is an embarrassment this year. And you can also thank Indy for the one play off run.

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You're in the minority here.

Give this thread another 3 years w/o a Super Bowl, then come back to it.

5. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

The have a combined 7 tackles and 1 sack this year LOL. And the Pats gave Ellis how much money? I think it was about 3 mil LMAO

6. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

And how long are you going to accept 1969?? It is time for Ryan to shut up and coach.

7. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

I'm willing to cut the coach and GM that have given us more excitement in two years then I can remember in about two decades of watching the Jets than I am cutting Derrick Mason of all people slack. Don't be an idiot. Mason is old and not a good fit for this team.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Come on, man, Kerley did more in one game than Mason did in the first 4. I don't kniow what happened behind the scenes, but we've been hearing dissension in the ranks for weeks so you know someone was going to get the axe somewhere.

As far as Rex not backing up his talk, well, his defense looked like crap this week, but Rex has never fallen below 6th in total defense in his time as DC or HC. The offense and how he's coaching and delegating to Schotty... that's concerning. Not enough to make me fly off the handle and want them to clean house like you seem to be suggesting.

I've seen enough from Rex to know that he works well in the face of adversity and this sure as shit isn't his first time as a head coach dealing with a crisis situation. That entertains me more than watching the team roll with wins in some kind of perverse way because you get to see REAL COACHING instead of the false crap we got for close to a decade before Rex came to town.

As for Tanny... He's the 2007 Antonio Cromartie of General Managers. A total gambler, and when he hits, the sky is the limit, and when he misses, which is not extremely frequent but also not unheard of, it's usually an 80 yard TD for the other team. If that makes any sense.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Cotchery has yet to play a single down of football this year. Ellis has approximately two tackles this year, Taylor? Come on.

10. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

And you can also thank Indy for the one play off run.[/QUOTE]

I didnt know Mike Francessa posted here

11. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

Is it harder to listen to Rex when the team isn't doing well. Yeah, obviously. Nobody wants to hear how good their team is when they're dropping games. SOJ Jet fan if I've ever heard one. Go crawl under a rock, we'll come pull you out when it's safe. Until then go away

12. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Really? We did nothing to replace 2 non factors? Ever heard of Mo Wilkerson?

I was/still sorta am a huge Ellis fan, but other than the NE playoff game he didn't do much in the regular season. Our pass rush this season is already better than last. Still not great, but better if you ask me.

But yeah, blame Rex and Tanny. They only have done their best to make us the best. IF we don't win a super bowl in the next 5 years, revisit this thread, but as of now, shut up.

And fuck Mason. What he said was right, there are major cracks, but he hasn't done shit, and hasn't contributed to have any right to say shit.

13. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Why are you guys so willing to accept

"being close"? Take a look up Rt 95 N doesn't it bother you at all that the Pats can continue to do it year in and year out and we have no answer for them?? Compare their Super Bowl record and ours. I have lived through the 1 and 15, and lived through Carrol and Kotite. This year this team has no where near the talent they had last year and that starts right at the top.

14. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

No I hate Francessa

I didnt know Mike Francessa posted here[/QUOTE]

but look yourself in the mirror and convince yourself that the statement is not true. Or are you one of those that buys into the 911 conspiracy theory and that we would have beat them even with manning.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Teams which have been consistently better than the Jets haven't won Super Bowls recently.

You can't just will yourself there. A number of circumstances have to play in your favor.

What matters is, this Jets team needs to position themselves to make the playoffs AND if they get in, they need to be playing on fire.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I guess you meant cut them some slack...but maybe not....

17. bhav2k1

bhav2k1 Member

I think the bigger issues with Rex and Tannenbaum have been:

1) cutting team leaders over the past few years. Even if some were getting old and not producing they seemed to be great locker room leaders (Thomas Jones, Ellis, T Rich, Ihedigbo etc).

2) Revolving door at WR with sanchez. Yes you can blame playing calling and o line, but it doesn't seem like he has any chemistry with any of the WRs

3) 7 total draft picks in 2009 and 2010 have hurt depth for this team (in addition to bad 2010 draft)

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That was a run play, he was actually good against the run but pathetic as a pass rusher which is what we brought him in here for.

19. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Then why did we sign him to begin with?????

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It was all about 2009 and 2010..all the traded picks, FA pickups and other moves were to win when they were opening a new stadium and trying to sell ridiculously priced seats and PSLs. Now they will have to live with whatever fallout there may be.