Officiating is killing us again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by inSANITy, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

If you want to argue that the Branch fumble should not have been overturned due to it being inconclusive I'll listen but I think your wrong. His knee was down and as soon as Pace touched him his knee was still down. I know what Simms argued and the ball was moving but I don't think the call was as cut and dry as him transferring the ball so it was a fumble.

What got me steaming where the PI calls where a Pats offensive player (in this case Aaron Hernandez) on two occasions attempts to run over one of our DB's and somehow it's PI on the defense. The first one was a killer. It was a 38 yard penalty and that call was questionable at best.

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

The plax play his feet were definitely out. The fumble play his knees were down but it did look like was making a football move when he lost it. Still tough call I see why it looks like he is down. The biggest bs call was the penalty on Revis for playing perfect coverage and Branch falling. Also the PI on Strick was weak but still contact there was just no way the receiver was catching the ball anyway. I also think there was a weak call on Kyle Wilson somewhere. All in all there were a lot of big plays changed by the officiating but they were calling penalties both ways. The biggest problem imo was key drops. The Conner drop on 3rd down was painful. The Plax drop at the end of the game where we could have atleast kicked a fg and tried an onsides kick.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Same here. It's the ones on our dbs that piss me off.

4. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

He was touched while down before he was getting up and fumbled.

5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

the ball was moving though, then he was touched and the ball comes out. Like I said before, its either an incomplete pass or a fumble. Despite all of that, the ref decided the Pats keep the ball at that spot anyway.

6. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Explain to me how a pass that has been caught and brought under control can subsequently be ruled incomplete.

7. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Ask that question to Calvin Johnson against the bears!

The ball is loose before Pace touches Branch end of story.

Its a bad reversal, we still played crappy...

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

it was too damn close and the ball was never brought under control imo. It was MOVING, and as he gets up the BALL COMES OUT. The refs should of either said it was incomplete or Jets keep the ball. Instead its ruled a catch and we know what happens from there.

Im sticking to what I've been saying :smile:

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I wasn't as concerned with the calls made yesterday as I was the non-calls. As the game progressed, I saw more and more blatant hooks and holds by the Pats' O-line and defensive backs. It was a smack in the face to see their corners getting away with stuff after that pathetic interference call on Revis.

NFL refs are starting to emulate NBA refs. Control the flow of the game and you keep certain teams from getting hot when it counts.

10. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Let's be fair, the officiating in the NFL in general is shit. The game is too fast for these guys. Time for more refs on the field, or a team of officials upstairs in a booth. Can't watch one game anymore without seeing at least one horribly botched call, even with video replay.

11. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

C'mon man, you're really reaching now. There's not even the slightest suggestion that he didn't get the ball under control from the catch.

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The play was really tough. The first few times I saw it, I figured there was no way it was a fumble, and that as soon as Pace touched him, he's down.

Then the last view I saw, the ball was moving a little bit before Pace touched him, and I thought they could call it incomplete.

It was kind of a weird call. I don't think there was conclusive evidence to call it a catch. I think the only conclusive part of the replay was that it WASN'T a fumble. If they ruled it an incomplete pass on the field, I think that would have stood.

But they decided it wasn't a fumble, so they made a judgment call that it was a catch instead of an incomplete pass. I don't think it was a fumble.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Branch Fumble, inconclusive , should have remained, and Hernandez RUNNING OVER DB's sent me thru the fucking roof.

(Plax was clearly out. The problem there was not the officiating, the problem was the offense NOT BEING COACHED WELL ENOUGH to get up and get off a play)

Lets not forget Boger Gave the Giants that phantom call last week.

#133 Hobbes3259, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Disagree with what? His comments were not associated with us losing the game because of the refs. No one said anything about that. Yes the jets are killing themselves, but you can not possibly disagree that the officiating totally sucks. That pathetic reversed call on the fumble was bullshit and the Jets are getting more than their fair share by the idiots on the black/white stripes.
    Jets need to fix their own problems, but someone needs to do something about poor officiating. May be our demigod comish

15. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

This is what I've been saying!!!!! It's really getting annoying and that is one of the biggest reasons I stopped watching the NBA.

16. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Best post in this thread. I don't get the knee jerk equating of complaining about the shitty officiating with saying that's the cause of our woes. I have yet to see a single poster here who has said "we lost the game because of the refs." Complianing about their shitty job does not mean we blame the Jets problems on them.

But shitty officiating does affact the fairness and fun of the game.

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I suppose you read the half of the first page before you got my post.

Read a little more.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The point Sims made and it was legitimate was that before he was touched he started to get up. As he was getting up he tried to switch the ball from one hand to another and that is when it came out still before he was touched. The point people here seem to be making is that it was loose when it was fumbled. Sims made the same point when he said it should have been a turnover.

19. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

@ Don and the rest of the board, when one is changing the ball from one hand to the other it is still possession . . . so even if the Jet defender touch Branch while he was transferring the ball, which he did not, it would still be possession plus touch by a defender, so he is down anyway you slice it . . .

20. felker

felker Active Member

Trying to call everything illegal that happens in an NFL game is like trying to give every speeder on the NJ Turnpike a ticket. Won't happen. So you are like the NJ State Police. Trying to keep the shootings to a minimum and getting the possession calls mostly correct. If you try to call everything the game will be a farce.