Officiating is killing us again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by inSANITy, Oct 9, 2011.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Well,many outside of New England notice a generous swaying of favor for the pats over the years by the refs. So when when you see that "good job",it equates to me liking a product i just purchased. The Jets have been playing like shit this year no doubt,but they have also been getting noticably bad calls against them. It gets pretty frustrating. And by the way,Belichick and good manners? He's a sour sport and a disrespectful dick. Why would we even think in that way?

2. Smog

Smog New Member

The Branch play was an easy reversal. All of you who are arguing otherwise need to go back and watch the replay. The fact that Branch is "making a football move" when he's touched is irrelevant. The ball has to be OUT when he's touched for it to be a fumble.

Watch the replay and watch Pace's right hand. It hits Branch on Branch's right shoulder, then moves down and knocks the ball out -- that is when the fumble occurs. But the play is over once Pace hits Branch on the right shoulder. It's simple mathematics. If Pace hits Branch's shoulder before he hits the ball, the play is dead. And he does. So what is this argument about?

3. felker

felker Active Member

Did you watch the NFL Network Documentary?

4. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Just stop with the stupid excuse making. It's not like Jets offense playing like crap is something that just happened yesterday out of the blue.

Your team got beat yesterday because it had 7 3-and-outs and couldn't take advantage of one of the league's weakest passing defenses, but it lost the Sunday before to the Ravens because its offense got embarrassed, and it did next to nothing against the Cowpies on opening day and had to be rescued by ST and the defense.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

This thread is embarrassing now.

Ref conspiracy theories? Really?

6. Thomas144

Thomas144 Member

I think this "controversy" is hilarious. Fred Smerlas remarked on the radio after the game that Phil Simms was really showing some kind of New York bias in his commentary, suggesting that somehow "making a football move" would prevent someone from being downed. As I said earlier in this thread, if that were the case you would have to actually knock the ball-carrier unconscious to down them if somehow "making a football move" meant they weren't down.

7. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

The officials are not the major reason why we are 2-3. We're 2-3 because we have no pass rush, our quarterback is a POS, our OC is a POS, our offensive line has no depth, we haven't run the ball at all, we can't stop the run when we need too.

All the signs of a bad football team.

8. typeOnegative13NY

The officials are definetly NOT the reason the Jets are 2-3,the Jets are. But that doesn't negate the noticibly bad calls against the jets so far this season.

9. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

And Jim Nantz doesn't show Brady and Patriots homerism. Smerlas played for the Bills and lives in NE area who do you think he favors.

Bottom line though who cares what the announcers,ex players, NFL experts and fans say, they can't affect the outcome of the game. However, the NFL and its horrendous officiating and BS rules routinely affect the outcome of NFL games - that's where I have my issue.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We really need to cut these officials and sign new officials that can stop the run and catch fuckn balls.

11. typeOnegative13NY

I never made an excuse,i just pointed out the bad calls fact. I know damn well why the Jets have lost. And i don't need that pointed out by a high and might Bills fan who roots for a team that finds it's way to blow 4-1 and 5-0 most of the time. Thanks

12. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

You suggested that Belichick paid off officials, which is why he said "good job" after the game. That's an excuse, plain and simple.

The Jets have played pretty crappy on offense in at least 3 games this season. Deal with it.

13. Jetsfan11

Jetsfan11 New Member

I guess I was the only one who was fine with the referees this game. As mentioned, the only real questionable play in my mind is the Revis one. Other than that the refs of the calls were pretty much cut and dry.

14. typeOnegative13NY

That they have,but there were clear signs of improvement yesterday. We'll see what happens.

As far as the belichick buying a pruduct cooment,it was a joke.

15. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

I saw the game and only have a problem with one call and that was the hernandez/smith PI call, but sadly this is the state of today's NFL, I don't like it, but it is the way it is and we fans just have to deal with it the best we can . . . to a degree Smith cut off Hernandez's path and bumped into and very unlikely Hernandez would of gotten to the ball had he not be bumped . . .but what made matters worse was it was 3rd and 26 from the NE's 12 so if we don't convert, we are punting from our endzone and perhaps the jets get the ball at midfield instead the pats get the ball at midfield, so HUGE turnaround with that call . . . we were stopped and the jets did get the ball but on their 20 as opposed to midflield . . .

as I said i don't agree with some of the PI calls in today's NFL, i wish the NFL could put in an exception allowing for a DB to "have a right" to his position on the field . . . I didn't like the call and it was a huge play in the game . . . but at that time we were on the wrong side of a call like that, in the Bills game late in that game we had pressure on Fitzpatrick at midfield and he just threw up a prayer in the endzone, well under thrown, our DB easily picks it off whilst standing in the front of the endzone and the bills WR is in the back of the endzone, one of our safety is between the two players walking around the endzone and looking left/right and up for the ball, the bills WR, who has no chance at the ball, decides to run forward and make contact with our guy and he gets a PI call, so instead of being first and 10 for the pats at our 20 (after touchback) and basically game over, the bills get it first and goal on the 1 . . . so big turnaround, so it happens, both calls were bad . . .

As for Revis, sorry can't have sympathy for the jets, i saw him holding and grabbing a few times and it wasn't called, so when a close call is made later, it doesn't bother me . . .

As for the Branch situation, he was down by contact, he caught the ball, obtained possesion and as he got up, he was touch with his knee down and at that moment in time the ball is dead instantaneously . . . i know some have referenced the Crotchery play from a few years ago, in both cases it was called a fumble on the field, but the difference is that at that time it was not reviewable, so we do not know if the refs would of overturned the fumble with Crotchery . . .

i do hope some day that the NFL puts in the "DB right to his spot" exception becuase the Smith PI call was a big call in yesterday's game . . .

my two cents . . .

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Wow we really missed your troll self the last 10 years your team sucked ass. Congrats are in order now that your balls descended..........

17. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

but yet you keep whining about the officials.

" i know we didn't lose because of the officials but" then you go back to the officials. you're whining and impling the officials are the reason why the jets are losing while also claiming not to be.

you're not alone though, many others want to use the refs as an excuse for a team that is not playing good football.

fact is, the jets are damned lucky not to be 1-4. dallas gave us that game, that says a lot about how this team is playing.

there are just too many holes and tanny is behind the eight ball for that.

last year oline depth was an issue. safety depth was an issue and letting edwards get away and replaced with a used up out of football 2 years in jail "plax a no go burress" was a mistake. cotchery getting away is biting us in the a$$ also.

recievers, oline and safety neglected by tanny is killing the jets this year. it may only get worse with more injuries. we are an injury or two away from being a bottom level team.

18. ppls17

ppls17 Member

Didnt say he said good job i said he says the words thank you. Im sick to death of people saying cant complain about a call like refs have never cost a team a game before or even in not costing team still made bad calls. Im a fan and like a fan i like to point out things i see. Some of those calls were awful and worse completly one sided. I dont want to hear its belicheat showing respect to officials because he never shows respect to anyone hes a dick and the league knows it. Yes i did watch that highly edited garbage of a documentary on him where they did there best to huminaze him and it hardly worked. Its no secret the pats consistantly get the benefit of the calls have for years.

19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

can we save up all the letters at the end of the year, and cash them in for something?

btw branch was getting up to score, but yes his knee was on the ground when he was touched. it sucks, but it happened.

20. typeOnegative13NY

I think my point would be more like the team is playing like shit,and the bad calls are not helping. When a team is deflated,getting the wrong side of calls is not going to help. I didn't start the thread,i just agreed that were getting some bad calls. maybe you have me mixed up with another poster