Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I've posted this comment for the past 3 years now, but I'll go ahead and post it again - because, for whatever reason, it always gets ignored -

How do we always have WRs (no matter who they are or what year we're in) that cannot get open? And why are there two WRs running Curl Routes within 5 yards of each other? Do we want 4 defenders to converge onto 2 WRs, or do we wanna spread the field like EVERY OTHER TEAM seems to do effectively?

Seriously, if I watch one more game in which the WRs run identical routes within several yards of each other, I'm going to lose it and do something bad.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Awww...
    Let's just call it the clusterfuck offense.

#3402 Acad23, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

It's the execution problem.

#SDF

4. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

The evidence over the last few seasons is overwhelming; Brian Schottenheimer is one of the worst offensive coordinators in football.

5. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Forget downfeld, we barely throw intermediate routes barring playaction passes or 2 min offense, it is almost guaranteed that when we are intending to pass it is either a check down or a quick route designed for less than 10 yards, we are regressing back to the Hackett days and at least he had an excuse that his QB's arm was shot.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

so you think we don't have any plays called to go downfield? You don't think it has been protection issues, QB issues, WR issues? it's all in the design of the offense? We aren't executing, how many easy passes did our guys drop? hoe many poor throws did we see? how many poor reads? It's easy to blame all of this on one guy as a scapegoat but the truth is this has been a team effort- OC, OL, QB, RBs, WRs.

7. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

My favorite part of the game (I wish they would use the QB cam more so you could see what was really going on) was a 3rd and 6 for the jets I believe. Sanchez throws a 4 yard hook route and they punt. They show a replay so you can see all the routes on the field and NOT 1 WR ran a route past the sticks, NOT 1 with a 5WR set??? And of course most of these routes were all right next to each other.

Play calls like that have NO chance, none. If the Jets ever did a pump and go on 3rd and short it would be a touchdown every play because if you watch the pats, they all stayed at the marker and didn't even drop back, just stood there because they knew the Jets wouldn't challenge them.

I hate watching this offense because when they actually open it up they move down the field quickly and score but then Schotty goes into lets challenge them to tackle mode and we go 3 and out.

"Taking off the handcuffs" means throwing the ball down the field and trying to make plays not 3 yard outs and hooks on 3rd and 5.

8. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Is the bashing still brainless?

He's called the offense as if we're facing the '85 Bears every week- short drops, get the ball out. It's like he takes no steps to diagnose the weaknesses in any particular defense and exploit them. Each play is an entity in itself, not part of some broader design. It's like he has no regard for the specific skills of any particular player. He's turned Santonio Holmes into a glorified slot receiver, taking no advantage of his deep speed and playmaking ability.

As much as I thought this would be a Super Bowl season, I'm resigned to taking a step back in order to take a step forward.

-X-

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Agreed it's time to change the title to brainy bashing.

10. nyjunc

Imagine if we had a good OC? Magically the OL would block, the RBs would run well, the receivers would catch and sanchez would make all the correct reads and throws- we'd average 35 PPG if we only had a better OC!

11. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Yeah you're right.. it's everyone's fault BUT Shittenheimer. For 5+ years now everyone else has been ruining everything about Shitty's beautiful offensive scheme where 3 receivers run routes right next to each other and on 3rd and 6 3 different receivers run routes for 4 yards.

12. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Or maybe we'd just call effective plays when we need a first down? Keep the defense on the sidelines a little bit more?

We're not asking for the moon, just a reasonable level of competence that we haven't seen. We're not winning anything being in the bottom third of the league offensively, and we're clearly not utilizing the weapons we have.

-X-

13. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

for the first time in three years, schottenheimer is pissing me off!!!!

14. nyjunc

if our guys catch passes or if mark makes better throws we extend 3-4 more drives. those had nothing to do w/ playcalling. There are problems on O beyond the playcalling.

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I just read it as brainless schottenheimer bashing instead of brainless schottenheimer bashing :wink:

16. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

No, but it would be more dynamic. They would at least have a chance at downfield throws and running pass routes past the sticks on 3rd down.

Opposing d coordinators would actually have to respect the potential for deep throws.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ground and Pound. Heh. That's what Ryan wants.

Some here seem to think that Ground and Pound means using your 50% completion percentage occasionally not so smart Qb to throw it to wideouts who have a certain amount of trouble getting open, way down the field.

I want Schotty to go to see what benefit the team gets by that move. My guess? Close to nil.

Here's the real problem with this team. Rex wants an O that complements his defensive philosophy, but the league becomes a high octane passing league more every year. Look at some of those dick PI and defensive holding calls. It's all part of that pattern.

Meanwhile Tanny goes out and spends tons of money on wideouts. And Schotty has a prime RB known for being a bit loose with the ball, and not much of a pounder.

Ground and Pound Ryan says.

It doesn't add up.

18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Schottenheimer has pictures of Tannenbaum wearing fishnet stockings & lipstick while blowing a cocker spaniel

19. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Maybe the Offense would score a TD in the 1st Quarter for the first time in 3 years!

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

If the Jets beat Miami, I think it highly improbable they get rid of BS midseason.