Sanchez can't be your scapegoat this week NY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Sanchise, Oct 9, 2011.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

But they have to know that this is a run first team no matter what, because that's just who they are.

Even in his 3rd year, they should have never of gotten away from their identity. They are a running team, with a QB that works well vertically with his passes. Yes, Mangold's injury changes all of that due to line calls and inability to establish the run, but to put it all on him without a true offseason was the wrong move. The running game wasn't even the main focus in TC. That tells me schotty got his way. He can't, because he doesn't follow the philosophy of his HC. I still don't get how the HC and OC have magnetically opposing views on how they want the offense run. That's very detrimental, and I think that's what the veteran WRs see. Two opposing views on what phase of offense should be the focal point.

Its taxing. On everyone, its taxing.

I'd like an OC that wants what Rex wants. Let him get his guy in here. He wanted Hue Jackson, and he's turned out to be a good coach. I'd like to see who Rex's next choice would be.

2. Jetsfan11

Jetsfan11 New Member

Well to be fair, the Dolphins and Bills were down 2 TDs for most of the game. We we're much closer than that.

Either way, Sanchez was bad. The fact that he didn't turn the ball over, was the only reason we can't consider his performance awful.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Yeah the only QB to not turn the ball over against the worst defense in the league.

He played horribly.

And the Jets are the only team to lose to the Pats by less than 10 points. Not a great stat, but they showed they can play with them if Brady isn't throwing 4 INTs and handing the game away.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Explain how he was bad.

Don't just say "he was bad"

go into depth. Write out an intelligent thought.

5. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

What the hell are you haters talkin about
    sanchez played a great game and made some great passes
    doesnt matter if it took 15 minutes for him to wake up, he played well
    our defense however could not stop a single guy from running over 50 yards in one final drive

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Your gonna have to tell me how Rivers could go 29 for 30 and throw 2 picks.

7. fdcnyc

fdcnyc Active Member

Doesn't matter that it took him 15 min to wake up??? What are you smoking ? Im a Sanchez fan but i think he just average today. Every third down was a yard or two short thats on him just as its on the WRs . I would rather take some shots downfield than just turn into captain check down . Anyway just venting going back to drinking

8. RMorin

RMorin Member

When multiple receivers are running routes short of the firstdown marker it makes me thinks its designed that way and not a QB or WR mistake. Please get rid of Schotty.

9. Mossachusetts

Mossachusetts Banned

You cant be serious.

10. Mossachusetts

Mossachusetts Banned

I'll trade the Jets defense for the Patriots defense right now lol!

11. Queenlizzie13

Queenlizzie13 New Member

15 minutes to wake up is too long. Granted, Sanchez played pretty well afterwards, but he needed to play that way for the whole game for us to have a chance against the Pats.

Also the dropped passes were killer. Mangold makes a huge difference though. We were severely limited with the kinds of plays we could call last week against the Ravens.

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Rex needs to drop this "Grind it out with the run, let my D do the work, and dont fuck it up offense" bullshit.

Lets attack a defense that has 7-8 in the box all day. We should try to kill teams on both side of the ball. We all have seen what Sanchez can do when he is in a flow. He should of been throwing passes 30yards down field during the 2nd half.

edit: BTW..fuck John Conner for dropping that pass on the first series.