Sanchez can't be your scapegoat this week NY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Sanchise, Oct 9, 2011.

1. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I hear Tannenbaum reached out to Carson Palmer's agent. Interesting.

2. RMorin

RMorin Member

When? You have a source?

3. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

This true? or just some nonsense by you?

4. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

Sanchez has to make some plays. He hasnt made any this year. He completed some passes when he got the protection and an open receiver, why is that playing a great game?
    He went against the worst d in the league and they didnt pick up a first down for the first 20 minutes.
    Shotty is so predictable that a drunk woman at the bar was accurately predicting the plays. Not kidding.

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Uh, that's exactly what I said:

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This actually makes sense. When Carson Palmer comes in here and fails behind that line trying to run Schotty's offense on short notice it will give Mike Tannenbaun perspective on what is actually wrong with the Jets.

He can then make the move most likely to help the situation and resign.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I think he's saying if we get rid of Shotty and get a good OC it might prove that Sanchez sucks.

8. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Rex wanted the ground and pound and Schotty delivered it. I know Schotty is dumb but Rex? Shoudn't Rex know that you should attack the defense's weakness? I think Rex has to take the blame for allowing Schotty to go on calling such pathetic plays over and over again for the last two plus seasons. Something is really wrong here. I think Schotty is really retarded. I saw two third down plays where the receiver runs a pattern two yards short of the first down, catches the ball and it's fourth and two. He has done that every game. Why is he still here and why does Rex still allows this to happen? This is just one example. It's hard to imagine that we would still see such retarded calls every game.

9. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

I thought the exact same thing. I noticed the couple times in the 4th quarter when Sanchez DID throw it deep, it worked out quite well and you guys moved the ball efficiently.

Pats secondary sucks badly, why the heck would you NOT EXPLOIT IT....

Unreal

I do blame Schotty for this loss, 22 total pass attempts and only 2-3 of them tested our secondary out...WTF

LAST PLACE SECONDARY IN THE LEAGUE...Hello?!?!?!?

10. Br4d

The problem is that the head coach and the offensive coordinator are not on the same page and likely never will be. This is not surprising given the the head coach did not hire the offensive coordinator.

The Jets need to cut the last cord from the Mangini regime. If they don't a lot more than that will wind up cut in the near future.

11. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

It doesn't matter if you have Joe Montana in his prime, with the offensive play calling, he will fail too.

12. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

The real question is why are we afraid of our own quarterback? The prevailing theme with the coaching staff (and some fans) is "don't let Sanchez lose the game". This is the guy that we traded up for and paid 60 million dollars to, and we are afraid to let him play??? Why is he the qb if that's how they feel? Either let him play, or get another qb. I can't think of another team that fears their own qb like the Jets appear to fear Sanchez.

13. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

you don't know what you're talking about. sanchez is what holds this offense back. this was the worst defense in the league and the offense should have shredded that defense.

sanchez will never be an elite QB but he needs to produce against the poorest defense in the league.

the defense did great holding that offense to what they did. to expect more from a defense that spent so much time on the field is crazy.

again, you don't know what you're talking about!

14. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

We need a good backup in here that will push Sanchez. He never has to look over his shoulder when he sucks because there is an old man waiting in the wings that will never play....Schotty and Sanchez dont mix ...the only constant has been Schotty's shit gameplanning year in and out.

15. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Good assessment. I have been trying to put this into words.

16. Br4d

Everybody in the decision chain has reasons to fear Mark Sanchez at this point.

Mike Tannenbaum traded up for a rookie QB to go with his rookie head coach and then acquired a bunch of veteran players to win the Super Bowl. What was the percentage chance this would actually succeed in the first few years? Maybe one percent?

So he fears Sanchez because if his team falls apart before Sanchez is fully ready to go then his gamble has failed and he likely gets fired.

Rex Ryan went from having Kellen Clemens as his starting QB to having Mark Sanchez and that had to look like a huge upgrade to him as he went off on his Super Bowl Crusade.

Then he got slapped in the face with the fact that having a young QB with no NFL experience was actually a much rockier ride than he'd anticipated. The bumps are still happening now and then in year three and the only person that can magically make the ride smoother is Mark Sanchez, but is he ready to do this? Can he do it at all?

Ryan fears Sanchez because an NFL head coach only gets two QB's tops before his head is on the chopping line and having the first one be a raw rookie when the Super Bowl was the goal really sucked.

Brian Schottenheimer went from having local legend Chad Pennington as his QB to having Hall of Fame bound Brett Favre. When he got his hands on Mark Sanchez he knew that this was make or break for him in NY. Looks like he's breaking at this point. I have no doubt that Schotty fears Sanchez the way undrafted rookies fear the Turk in late August.

Yeah Mark Sanchez is a pretty fearsome guy at this point.

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

seriously?

I guess the term "great" doesn't hold much value these days :drunk:

18. Jetsfan11

Jetsfan11 New Member

QB Stats this year vs. Pats:
    W1: Henne - 30/49, 416 yds, 2 td, 1 int
    W2: Rivers - 29/30, 378 yds, 2 td, 2 int
    W3: Fitzpatrick - 27/40, 369 yds, 2 td, 2 int
    W4: Campbell - 25/39, 344 yds, 1 td, 2 int
    W5: Sanchez - 16/26, 166 yds, 2 td, 0 int

He clearly didn't play good.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Sure he can, he wasn't very good today.

20. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Look at the stats. He only threw the ball 26 times. TWENTY-SIX FUCKING TIMES. Even that asshat who's calling the Dolphins plays trusted Henne to throw it 49 times and Henne is worse than Sanchez by far.

So it comes down to SHIT playcalling and not taking advantage of the defense's weakness.