Sanchez can't be your scapegoat this week NY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Sanchise, Oct 9, 2011.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If you think Sanchez is a bad QB, then I can't help you.

And don't use last week as your argument, that was the OL. Brady would suck behind the OL last week.

Its the fact that the scheme has never gotten off the ground in the 1st quarter and that has a lot to do with what's called, and the drops that happened as well by Holmes and Conner.

Once they got back to who they are, they played well on offense.

A double PA fake reverse, and a FB dive were retarded calls back to back on your own 20 yard line. I don't see other teams running that shit.

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

He never is in my mind..

It's always the shit head offensive coordinator. My God he fucking sucks.

3. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

The playcalling was terrible. They didn't let him throw the ball in the bigger. And when he did throw the ball, it was behind the markers.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

not 100% but when we had the Patriots, well at least to get on top, in those 3 possessions,off the top of my head the play calling was : Run up the middle, run again, and then... short pass short of the 3rd down mark = Punt.

And want really doesnt help Schotty's case this week is that ... SANCHEZ HAD TIME TO GO DEEP and we didnt even abuse the overrated McCourty :sad: Instead its short passes and then only until the 4th we are spreading our the receivers.

5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

it is him, but the head coach can tell schotty what type of plays to call.

6. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

He can when it comes down to it tell Schitty what to do, but Rex is a defensive coach. When a strong defensive minded coach starts telling the offensive coordinator what to do there is a SERIOUS problem. Schitty has to go. Pay Tom Moore what ever it takes to take over calling plays and next year go out and hire someone anyone to do better than this asshole!

7. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He is not a Sanchez fan and won't ever be. He's the same way for Notre Dame lol.

Sanchez played a good game. He wasn't godly by any means but he managed the game great and saw at least 4 passes of his get dropped that would have been 1st down conversions.

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

We can back and forth about Sanchez vs. Schotty all day long, but what is indisputable is that the offense is not effective enough with Sanchez as QB. One or the other has to go, and (1) it's not going to be the guy drafted to be the franchise QB, (2) it shouldn't be the QB who has shown he can be effective at times, and (3) it should be the guy who in 6 years as OC, with four different starting QBs, has NEVER had an offense that finished in the top 10 (including this year as current ranking).

Does anyone think that the starting QB would keep his job for 6 years of mediocre-at-best performances? That the head coach would keep his job after 6 years of 8-8 at best performances? What possible reason is there then to keep Schottenheimer? I have no idea if replacing him will change things, but it's (way past) time to try.

#28 statjeff22, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  9. AZ_Patriot

AZ_Patriot New Member

Yer D is fine (against the Pats). But it's a quarterbacks league and, well, you got Sanchez.

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

QFT. Can't say this any better myself. Sick of Schottenheimer.

And while Sanchez wasn't the biggest problem, saying he played a great game against one of the worst defenses in the NFL is utterly ludicrous.

11. UncleTomNYJ

So are you saying its Schitty who should go? Or are you arguing that it should be Sanchez who should go?

Facts are there plain and simple Shitty has not been successful with any quarterback he has had. From Pennington to Farve now Sanchez. He is more of a QB killer than maker.

12. UncleTomNYJ

and you have the refs 95% of the time so go back to your Cheatriots forum.... you scrub

13. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Sanchez has a habit of telegraphing his passes. He locks in on his primary target and doesn't look away unless he's throwing a check-down or is running for his life.

And he always looks over-caffeinated and rushed out there, even when he has time to throw. I like Sanchez but too often he shows no poise.

Receivers holding on to catchable passes would certainly help.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

:rofl: :rofl:

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Worst post ever.

16. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

It's amazing what any quarterback can do when they have time. For reference, see: Brady, Tom. He always has time, lots of it and he's basically already in the hall of fame.

Sanchez is a disappointment. He's not a bust, but he's not living up to being a top 5 pick. That's just reality.

17. RMorin

RMorin Member

Truer words have not been spoken. I thought all this "ground and pound" talk this week was a misdirection, I mean why wouldn't you attack the worse secondary in the NFL? The Patriots were begging the Jets to throw it deep, and Schotty called plays right into the place the defenders were defending against. Inexcusable. Those multiple three and outs were because of poor play calling plain and simple.

18. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Boo - NOT YOU. He sucked, how can you say he played a good game? He wasn't the worst part of the loss... I guess that means he played a good game? He hasn't had a chance to show how much he sucks because the team has reined him in the last few weeks... but don't worry, he's still mediocre.

19. TheGreenCantona

It is not about telling him what to call, the blame is not Rex for not taking the responsibility of sacking schotty when it clearly doesn't work.
    It is the oc's responsibility to pick the qb he wants to live and die with.

And so it goes.

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'm not going to say he's a disappointment yet, he did take us to 2 AFC Championship games.

Is his development where I want it to be? No, I guess that's disappointing, but I'm not ready to apply that label to him.

And we hit Brady a bunch of times today. Of course, when we didn't get there, we had no pressure whatsoever, but we did get in his face a little.