Officiating is killing us again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by inSANITy, Oct 9, 2011.

1. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Just the refs not our shit offensive playcalling?

2. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

belichick said "good job" to one of the officials as he was leaving the field at the end of the game. yeah, no kidding.

3. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Plax looked to be on the line with the catch. Two things though, were the replays conclusive enough to overturn, and, more glaringly - considering the joke calls on the Jets DBs today - what about the mauling Plax got before the ball even got to him? No call, of course.

All this said, Schotty MUST GO.

4. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

reverse fumble was the right call

I rewind the play on DVR, the WR had BOTH knees down when Pace first made contact with him

5. ganggreengoon

ganggreengoon New Member

Stop blaming it on the refs. Sanchez wouldn't have had what it takes to win that game anyway.:eaglessuck:

6. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Agreed….......

7. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw that. What a joke.

8. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

again, I would agree that he "seemed" to be out. Their was no video evidence on any angle that he was in fact out. You, your brother, cousin, aunt of jesus himself could convince me otherwise....Hav a nice day

9. keepin klecko

keepin klecko Member

Does anyone here think there will ever be a time when we get the benefit of the doubt on any call? Christ!!

10. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

But he didn't have control of the ball, he was in the process of moving it from one hand to the other. He was never down with control.

The penalty on Revis was an horrific call also.

11. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

the ref's fault, LOL. too funny. plaxs toe was on the line, if you couldn't see it, was because you didn't want to. the others calls are what they are. they get breaks from time to time, so do the jets.

the offense lost this game! defense did all they could do against that offense, can't ask the defense for much more than they did.

fact is, sanchez isn't lifting this offense to another level as it needs to, to compete with the top teams. at least the oline played better, but against the pats defense isn't saying much.

this could be a reallity check year where the jets need another draft to rebuild the oline and get another reciever. plax is ok, but nothing to get all hyped up over. the recievers position needs a youth movement also.

12. TheGreenCantona

Well then you are the biased one, not the refs.

It was clear on the play and on the replays that he was on the line. The fumble equally clear.

I just cannot take this ref blaming, it is pathetic.

13. TheGreenCantona

That is the hard part. New receivers next year is not going to make the difference.

We a stuck with the pick of Sanchez for a very long time.

14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I have seen plays that from a long distance, appear to show a toe on the line and then when zoomed in, show space between the shoe & the line I believe Santonio's Super Bowl catch may have been on. Why no zoom in here?

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

there was nothing to over turn that call. The ball was moving, Branch was getting up and that is when the ball came out. Its either an incomplete pass or a fumble.

Two other call I hated was when Hernandez ran into Strickland and was ruled interference on Strickland's part and dusty Branch tripping but it is call on Revis.

16. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

The phantom defensive Holding and Pass Interference calls would be a lot easier to take if the horrible calls seemed to be going both ways, but this is at least two weeks in a row where the calls have been outright jokes (with a couple of exceptions) and one-sided. One sided to the point where players opposition WRs/TEs INITIATE the contact with the Jets DBs 5yds beyond the line of scrimmage, and don't get called for seemingly obvious illegal contact/pushing off calls, instead the flag tossed on the Jets DBs. Which is why I brought up the contact before the Plax reviewed incompletion. He was mugged before the ball even got there, but that is forgotten because of the question of whether he was in/out of bounds.

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

The refs did suck, and i hope they have an accident on the way to the airport. We do suck and I blame not only Schotty , but Rex is doing a piss poor job as well. Mediocre football is something our offense hasn't reached yet. A disgrace, all I can say. Thank goodness for Natural Ice.

18. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

Was thinking incomplete pass at that point.
    The Revis illegal hands cost Strick a sack.
    Even Simms called legs tied up no foul.

19. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Im not balming the refs for the loss....but the did contribute. And for the play (Plax catch) to be called a catch on the deild and reversed, IT MUST BE IRREFUDABLE VIDEO EVIDENCE!! It was in now was irrefudable or conclusieve. Learn the rule book

20. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

i think i just found jerome bogers phone number

i should give him a call and find out how much kraft paid him

it works too since the lady who answered confirmed it before cursing me out

also dont bother asking for it since im not gonna get arrested for giving it out

#40 JetRizing89, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011