vlad 'the turnstyle' ducasse

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyJETS0511, Aug 15, 2011.

1. IATA

IATA Trolls

a false start(who didnt have one last night though?) and a sack that wasnt on him? he picked up the blitz, which is what people were ripping him for all preseason and brick turned and covered....nobody. that sack is on brick, NOT ducasse.

2. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

The sack was absolutely on DBrick,,, Ducasse actually did the right thing on that play.

3. BookEndTackles 72&79

I've seen enough of him and this guy needs to take a seat. Every game I see him let a guy go by him and then keep looking in front of him and all he finds is air. Redding blows by him and he put nary a shoulder on him as he releases for the second level only to find no one in front of him. Meanwhile, Redding buries the play for a 4 yard loss.

Time for Ducasse. I know he hasn't earned the job but he can't play any worse. At least we know he can plow straight ahead and will hit someone and maybe that gets them a few extra yards in the run game.

4. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I didn't even know Ducasse was in the game. The Jets would have had better luck putting 5 traffic cones in front of Sanchez

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I agree with this. I was in the same boat defending him and saying to give him time.. but he doesn't even look like he has ANY clue out there. On that attempted screen play he didn't even attempt to slow up the rusher before pulling outside. When he was in there, the line actually played worse somehow.

6. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I'm done blaming the players, especially on O-line. We lost a starter to retirement and a starter to injury and our front office did nothing to shore up the protection. We can't run the ball and we can't give Sanchez time to throw it. The RBs, TE and WRs are as good as any in the league and they're being wasted because Bill Callahan and Brian Schottenheimer are being asked to turn 2 studs and a bunch of plugs into a top teir O-line. Ain't gonna happen.

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

this is a ridiculous post. you're looking for anything to blame on him, even when he does right.

8. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

EZ Pass Ducasse has a better ring to it.

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Well you can go on thinking he's good.. even though all the evidence points to the contrary. I didn't see him do a whole lot right. But neither did most of our linemen.

10. IATA

IATA Trolls

i never said he was good, dont put words in my mouth.

what i said was he did a good job last night, but because our line as a whole was god awful and because he happened to be in on a play that sanchez got rocked on, a select few are acting like ducasse is the cause of all our problems.

ducasse picked up the blitz like he was supposed to!! dbrick missed a block and turned left into nobody. ducasse performs well, brick fucks up, but somehow its ducasses fault?

11. boshhemi487

boshhemi487 New Member

what about getting Flozell Adams

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

wow people are still defending Ducasse? You can't be serious. Its really remarkable he must have drank beers with you guys or something.

The CS thought enough of him after 4 (or less?) plays to put back in an undrafted rookie who was getting abused and couldnt get the snap right.. instead of the alternative moving Slauson to C and Ducasse at G. I would think a SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICK ought to be able to make that a possibility.

Really overlooking it or trying to defend Vlad if you blame that on Brick because obviously the CS showed it was Vlad's fault by yanking him instantly.

Can't wait till his ugly ass is out of the NFL now, no offense to his livelihood, but his fan club on here has made me hate him even more.. as if watching Sanchez get destroyed isn't enough.

Gholston was universally loathed on here and with good reason considering the investment and its return... and He didn't DO anything in his tenure, but at least he wasn't a complete dangerous liability like Ducasse... He has shown he can single-handedly put our most important position at risk... time and time again (took him 1 series last night) and yet people have his back here. Unbelievable.

#552 BrowningNagle, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  13. IATA

IATA Trolls

jesus there is a real dearth of thought here. "people here understand he was a project pick, but theres a vocal majority who demand instant results constantly from players who were not meant to provide them....i'll go with them"

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

dude, no .

15. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

The coaching staff pulled Baxter and moved slauson to center and put Ducasse in at guard.

After only a few plays of that lineup, they put Baxter, the UDFA pick up, back in and pulled duCasse out.

That speaks volumes about how the Coaching staff thought he did.

he sucks and should be cut

16. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Ducasse is makes Adrian Clarke and Anthony Clement look like Faneca and Woody..thats the biggest insult I can give him

17. IATA

IATA Trolls

i think it has more to do with slauson didnt perform well at center and figured they may as well put the rook back in who has at least 2 weeks of work with mark and slauson back over where he belongs.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

When a 3rd Center is used in 3 weeks, you have serious issues on your OL.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

instant results??? I'd think after a couple years we can expect that a 2nd round OL ought to be able to last more than 3 plays without causing serious harm to our QB and the game at hand. This is the NFL not JV Football I would think that's not TOO much to ask for.

20. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Ducasse now falls below the 6th rd pick we traded from Green Bay....seriously how much of a project is he...we didn't realise it meant attaching his brain to his spinal column