Is Cromartie worth his 4 year $32 million dollar contract?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Sep 12, 2011.

1. jwmann2

jwmann2 New Member

No but he likely needs the money. 9 kids by six different women...didn't he have to get an advance on his salary last year because he couldn't afford to pay child support?

2. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Didn't Ray Lewis kill somebody in a bar?

3. gopats88

gopats88 Member

No, he killed two people on the street. Entirely different.

4. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

it isnt a big deal though, because jesus said it's cool.

5. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Fucking hillarious. I love how the Lewis apologists (and most sports commentators) love to gloss over this fact.

6. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Cromartie needs to shut the fuck and be consistent before he can start running his mouth off.

He's a better playmaker than Nnamdi? Yeah, he sure did make a bunch of plays, except they were for the Raiders.

8. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

No, he just came out and said he is worried about getting fined so it changed the way he plays.
    Look, the next time Cromartie lowers a shoulder to hit someone will be his first. He is just making excuses as to why his tackling stinks and why he doesnt participate in it.

We had him for 4 years and ive seen him ole' players many times so to say if ive "watched one game" is ridiculous. He is just a wuss. He hasnt changed.
    This is his 2nd season with the Jets and im sure some have already come to that conclusion while some want to defend him because he is a Jet and i understand that but before he moves on, you all will agree he is just a wuss too.

I mean c-mon, that video of him wussing out in trying to get in there and tackle Shonne Green in the playoffs and then chasing him and giving him a shoulder nudge in the EZ is a prime example of him being a wuss yet trying to act tough.

If he is making more of an effort recently it is because he got his butt chewed out but the fact is he doesnt like to tackle. Now im not trying to be a jerk about him, thats just how i and MANY of us Charger fans saw him and that playoff game was the nail in the coffin for us and we all couldnt wait to see him gone and quite frankly were happy to get a 2nd round pick for him last season. The guy has talent, he just isnt a player who throws everything he's got into his play.

#568 Boltjolt, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  9. BookEndTackles 72&79

Great post above. Spot on. To hear him run his mouth about being afraid to get fined is just nonsense. It's clear he hates contact and you can see it every game.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I take it you missed Nnamdi getting burnt by some 4th string receiver for the Giants then. Every corner gets burnt and has bad games unless your name is Revis. Cromartie is unfortunate to have everyone target him because of Revis.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

You dont watch the Jets consistently im guessing so your opinion is useless. Cromartie laid a huge hit on Sunday if I find the video ill show you.

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You can kill Cro for his technique all day long. Don't tell me he hasn't been making an effort to tackle though.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Take a look at that reverse by Moore. Looks to me that Cro coulda left his feet and at least made an attempt at a tackle.

Tackling will always be the weakest part of his game.

14. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

haha i remember on the first game of the season there were talking about cro improving his tackling then replay of clip of him puttin a weak ass hit on someone and he goes" look at the new and improoved cromartie". lol.

15. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

I dont have to. I watched him for 4 years as a Charger and he hasnt changed.

I can recall ONE tackle against Cleveland i believe that he made with us that was actually a great play where he took out a OL and then made a nice tackle on the RB on a sweep...that was as a rookie or 2nd year player but those were very few and far between and he doesnt do something like that very often. Most often he gives the ole' approach so spare me in tying to tell me my opinion means nothing.

He hasnt changed and he will never have a 10 INT season again either which is why we gave him a pass for so long but of course he never has come close to that either.

Cro had that 10 INT season when Ted Cotrell was our DC and he played mostly a zone defense and then when Cro didnt come close to that again and wasnt tackling, getting beat (Brandon Marshall had a 18 catch day against him) then he said he was happy to be in the Jets defense because man to man was more his thing instead of zone. Well Cro, you get thrown at plenty with Revis across from you, where are those 10 INT's in your "more suitable scheme"? You did it in a zone and then said it didnt suit you....now what?

#575 Boltjolt, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  16. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

The fact that he use to handle tackling like this:

[YOUTUBE]L8dtySlji1A[/YOUTUBE]

and now he actually makes some sort of a half hearted attempt, doesn't mean it's a huge upgrade it just means he's making the effort unlike ^ that.

#576 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  17. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Honestly though, anything is an upgrade above that. How do you get worse than that in the NFL, tackling wise? Pure 100% just pussying out is pretty much rock bottom.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I didn't bother to read the rest because this is fucking bullshit.

If I had the tape, I'd show you how he's lowed the shoulder on a RB trying to stop him

He doesn't pull up anymore like he did in SD, because he's not playing for a coach who would allow that. If you play like a pussy under Rex, you'll be called out.

He's trying.

Don't tell me he isn't when you don't know what going on here because you saw him in SD. Things are different from last when you saw.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

"trying"...?

Well... this week he'll be all armored up.
    Maybe that will help. He sure sounds ready.

Go get 'em Cro!!!

20. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Call it what you want but the fact is, he is still a wuss who doesnt like contact and that hasnt changed so whatever justification works for you is fine.
    I understand he is a Jet now and some will give him a pass but in the end you will be calling for his release as we did.