2011 Week 4 New York Jets at Baltimore Ravens Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Sep 25, 2011.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

At least all of you Baltimore fans only mention Ray Rice, who certainly is threatening.

I haven't yet read anyone posting "Watch out for Flacco" or "Watch out for Boldin".

Truth of the matter is, the Jets could probably sell out on the run and cover your WRs man up without help.

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

We did that against Oakland and watch what happens. Ray Rice is a great RB but he doesnt make people miss like Mcfadden so Im hoping that plays in our favor. If we tackle like we did in oakland then it will be another long day for our D.

3. scrock

scrock New Member

The Ravens D-line will have the advantage against the Jets OL, I think Sanchez will need to get the ball out quick or he's going to take a beating.

As far as the Ravens not having anyone other than Ray Rice and Ray not being able to make people miss, he's one of the most elusive runners in the league. He can get hit and look like he's going down but he uses his hand to re balance himself and gain more yards.

Is Cromartie playing? Revis is good so whoever he matches up with probably won't be seeing the ball. Cro can be had though, he's not an elite CB anymore if he ever was.

If you guys blitz us our OL will pick it up and Joe does well against the blitz and its just not Boldin who is a receiving threat. Ray Rice is a great runner and a great receiver, then you have the two TEs in Dickson and Pitta. Not sure if Lee Evans is playing he might not...Torrey has some confidence now and we have Doss and LaQuan who are good young players. They aren't names yet so I dont expect you to know them.

The Jets best chance at winning is forget about running the ball, because they cant and because the Ravens shut it down..Our secondary is banged up and guys wont be back until after the BYE week. So thats your best bet try to spread us out and pass...but again you OL will get blown up by Ngata, Cody, Suggs, McPhee, Kruger, etc

Its going to be a tough game, the Ravens won last year at the Jets, the crowd will be a factor in Baltimore, they will be going off all game long, I'm sure we'll see some false starts, delay of games, etc

In the end I see the Ravens winning, but even if they lose its still early in the season and both teams will be playing in the playoffs. So we may see each other a 2nd time later on in the year..

Sorry, I know that was a long post.

Good luck, and lets hope no one gets hurt out there on Sunday night.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Every last expert is picking the Ravens, I love it. Nothing to lose, all to gain. I know the Jets lost to the Raiders, but didnt the Ravens lose to the titans? I guess beating a shitty Rams team erases everyones memory =p

5. scrock

scrock New Member

Except for the Titans aren't a bad team this year...or at least they weren't. They just lost Kenny Britt and Chris Johnson hasn't even gotten going yet. Their defense is good too.

The Ravens destroyed the Steelers week 1 and had a letdown in week 2. Then bounced back and did their thing against the Rams.

They will be ready to play the Jets though...Rex really wants this win I know that for sure.

6. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I was responding to posts discussing the running game since the Jets are 31st against the run and 24-25th in rushing.

If you want to talk QBs, then Joe Flacco is considerably better than Mark Sanchez.

If you want to talk WRs, then Anquan Boldin is better than anybody on the Jets, then add Torrey Smith (Lee Evans is probably not playing). Burress hasn't played football in two/three years.

The Ravens' OL is solid, the Jets' not so much.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You think Flacco is better than Sanchez? :rofl: Good one. Maybe you are talking fantasy football instead of the actual game. Holmes is better than Boldin too. Funny stuff.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

flacco may be better but its not a considerable gap.they are in the same tier

holmes > boldin considerably

ol yes for now

9. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Holmes is better than Boldin, but I'll give you Flacco over Sanchez though.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Boldin is clearly not what he was in Arizona. I thought he would blow up on a good Ravens team but he hasn't.

Holmes is a super bowl MVP. Do I have to say more?

11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i refuse to believe the jet run d is half as bad as they were last week.

12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The Jets shut McFadden down on a lot of his running plays. What killed them was that span in the second or third quarter (forgot where exactly) where McFadden reeled off a couple 15 yarders then the 70 yd homerun. The broken flea flicker resulting 30 yd run didn't help either but you can't really fault them too much for that one. The Moore TD reverse was also a blown tackle where he could have been had for a loss but he got into the secondary and scored.

The D couldn't tackle and overall played pretty poorly but it's not as if McFadden was knocking off 6 yards every time he touched the ball. Most of his runs were for a yard or two.

13. flynismo

flynismo New Member

You think Sanchez is in the same universe as Flacco?? Come on now...

14. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

yeah. how much better is flacco than sanchez? seriously? they are in the same universe.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Flacco is in the same boat as Sanchez I feel but with less of an upside. Flacco as of now just is not that good and I trust Sanchez more then him. He is more consistent but he does not show as much as Sanchez has imo.

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

We obviously have yet to see the best from Sanchez. When he starts to play the way he has in flashes all the time, then we'll know what we have at QB.

Flacco on the other hand has already reached his peak (in my opinion) and can only be as good as his receivers allow him to be at this point. It's good that he's finally got a developing deep threat in Torrey Smith to take advantage of his strong arm but I don't believe he'll ever be a high percentage passer or one that can win a playoff game on his own.

The clear advantage I see Sanchez having over Flacco, is that he seems to have that X factor in the clutch when the game's on the line. Flacco's biggest advantage over Sanchez is obviously his experience and to a lesser extent his superior arm strength.

17. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

flacco is better than sanchez right now, but seriously by how much? it isnt like this is sanchez/brady/brees/rodgers/big ben/manning/etc. i could go on.

18. flynismo

flynismo New Member

Okay, I exaggerated a little to get a point across, but I definitely do not see them as being on the same tier.

I see it like this:

1st tier QBs (Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Rivers)
    2nd tier QBs (Roethlisberger, Vick, Flacco, Ryan)
    3rd tier QBs (Schaub, Romo, Eli)
    4th tier QBs (young guys with potential -- Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman)

5th tier QBs and lower are average to below average starting QBs

19. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I agree with your analysis.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The same Flacco that umm, did not show up against the Steelers in the playoff game? the same Flacco that didnt show up against the Colts in a playoff game?

2nd tier? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight