2011 Week 4 New York Jets at Baltimore Ravens Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Sep 25, 2011.

1. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

We're going to win this game. Ain't even worried.

2. Shemy

Shemy Member

Mark Sanchez RIP

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We're toast.

Ravens 38
    Jets 10

4. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

I'm not as worried about Sanchez, he will recover and be back next year. This will likely be a career ending game for Brunell.

Kerley better start practicing taking snaps this week. Have all 3 QBs of a teams ever gone down in one game?

5. WillBBC

WillBBC Member

I'll be there. Really looking forward to it. Haven't been to a Jets game since I left Jersey in '08.

6. H8R

H8R New Member

Should be a good one, I'm sure Mason would love to hit the 12000 yard mark against his old team!

7. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

we usually play well after a loss, and we have the revenge factor from losing to the ravens last season, also, the rex going back to Baltimore thing, we win, 20-17!

8. H8R

H8R New Member

Revenge, bounties, vendettas, Jihads....none of them really have much of a factor on who wins the game. The Bank is a hard place to play.

How do you guys feel about how Rex always talks about him getting dissed by The Ravens Brass for not picking him as the head coach? Doesn't that sort of discredit the Jets in a way? Even the motos and such that Rex throws out there are recycled Ravens talk.

9. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

If Mark can get his MOJO working and not make mistakes, If we can keep someone
    in the back field to help our weak side and pick up the slack we might have a chance.
    Plus if I was on the Jets Defense this week I would be really pissed at all that is being said about them. WILL SEE. Any Given Sunday.

#49 4jetfans, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  10. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

I think D plays better this week. If the refs don't fuck with us as they did last year, we should win this game

11. TSizzle55

TSizzle55 Banned

Ravens fan here...you Jets fans who actually think you have a chance here are funny. Are you going to run the ball? NO Pass the ball? Maybe some...until Sanchez gets his teeth knocked out. Don't let the loss at Tennessee fool you, the crowd will be loud and the Ravens will be more fired up than they were vs. Pittsburgh. Flacco is going to expose your shaky and overrated secondary and throw in Rice...it is all over from there. For any of you planning on invading Baltimore on Sunday, save your money.

12. TSizzle55

TSizzle55 Banned

Sanches is going to get kncoed out of this game...the Jets will not be able to handle the rush of the Ravens D...this one is going to be a laugher...much like the Ravens Steelers game was. 34-16 Ravens

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

uhhhh, you clowns got lit up by Matt fucking Hasselbeck, and then beat on the Rams. Plus, the Steelers showed what a bunch of world beaters they're going to be this year by barely scraping by the Colts.

I wouldn't start the parade yet.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're right, everything Rex does is just a rip off from his Ravens days. Except for burying the ball last year, that was a rip off of Belichick.

Oh, wait, no, that was a rip off of his own father, who had done it decades before, and it was only Patriots fans thinking that Rex had ripped it off because all they had was their own narrow view of what happens in the NFL.

Recycled Ravens talk. Does it bother you that there are a dozen Flacco vs. Sanchez threads on your forum and none on this board?

15. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

we've been through this routine before....

we play like shit for a game or two, everyone is down on us and then we go out and play well enough to beat a good team.

hopefully this isn't a case of "or two" but this team has showed they bounce back over the last 2+ years. i'm laughing thinking about some of the pre playoff threads last year after the patriots fiasco and the dolphins/bears game

16. jets_fan_in_fishtown

lol @ joe flacco. remember him getting sandwiched on the first play of the game last year and fumbling?

#56 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  17. jets_fan_in_fishtown

wow, you're fuckin dumb. you don't even know your own team.

they're going to be more fired up than they were against their hated division rival who has owned them the past few years including knocking them out of the playoffs twice?

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the only thing that saved him from a concussion, was that massive unibrow.

19. jets_fan_in_fishtown

week 2 last year = week 4 this year

everyone thought the pats were gonna stomp us after the stinker we threw up the first game. it'll be the same thing this week. it's almost better when no one gives us a chance

20. RavenMan04

RavenMan04 New Member

chill man. You're one of the reasons you give ravens fans a bad name. No need to be a troll and become a member just to talk shit then never return. We hate the same shit on our ravens boards.

Anyway..here's my point view on the game. First of all, by seasons end Tenn will not be as bad as everyone says they are. They are ranked #1 right now in total defense..yea its only three weeks into the season, but this is the NFL and if they had a bunch of scrubs they wouldn't be #1. People are making it sound like losing to the titans are like losing to the rams or something.

I see the ravens winning this as long as flacco is kept upright. Give the man some time to throw and he can beat you. We finally have receivers that can get good separation from the secondary. Not like last year where we basically had three possession guys. But that's where the jets strength is..the secondary. Whoever revis covers is obviously not going to be much of a factor..but wilson and cormartie are beatable. Especially the way cro played last week. We are much faster this year including our at our TE position. Our o-line has been real solid so far, especially in the passing game. Although, I know the jets will be throwing a bunch of crazy blitzes so hopefully they can do a good job of picking them up. But honestly I don't see a pass rusher the jets have that I really see giving the ravens a hard time.

As far as the running game goes, McFadden is just a speed demon so of course he's gonna make defenses look slow. From what I remember in last years game..rice couldn't get anything on the ground against the jets but same goes with the steelers and we say what rice did to them week 1. I feel really strongly about our o-line and rice this year so I think he can have a decent game. Not McFadden type numbers, but I see him over 100 total yards.

Jets offense vs ravens d...I haven't seen much at all from the jets running game and the ravens have been great against the run all three games so we got you there. Our secondary is still a weakness, so the only way I see the jets beating us is if sanchez can beat us. Ravens are first in the league in turnovers, they sacked bradford five times and big ben four...if they can keep pressure on sanchez and make him hurry up his throws he won't be able to beat us. Throw in the fact that this is also a home game.

I know exactly how you guys feel though...that titans game was such a let down. But coming out the way they did against the rams shows that the pitt win wasn't a total fluke. Anyway my prediction is ravens 24-10. Here's to a good game with no injuries :beer: Can't effing wait. I really hope we see each other again in the playoffs.