Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Coach K, Aug 25, 2011.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Sounds like pc.

2. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Game is now $45 for ps3 and xbox at gamestop and amazon

3. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

ding ding. I hope Scik is just blind and not retarded.

4. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Do you need to play the first one to play this one?

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

No, not at all. From what I've heard there are some references and homages to the first but I haven't played any of the Deus Ex'es before this one and it didn't feel like I missed anything.

6. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

i didn't play the first one.
    so the very first opening animation, that i completely forgot about, wasn't important. hence why i completely forgot about it. it references the first one.

when done, if you don't skip the credits you get an easter egg, of sorts.... it also references the first one - sets up the history within game apparently.

other than those two instances, i never felt the need to look something up bc i was lost. so... no definitely not.

7. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Just bought it today on amazon for $35. Then applied a $20 gift certificate that I got from buying madden.

I dont usually buy video games let alone a game like this so we'll see how it goes.

8. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

for $15 you should enjoy it immensely, for no other reason than its a really good game worth more than $15. well played.

since i'm fucking around replaying it... the dialog changes in game.
    if you save right before one of the major dialog sequences, then reload after.... the dialog sequence will change in most instances. the overall point of the conversation is the same, just the lines used to convey the point... or at least in dealing with Sarif. anywho, enjoy the game... i did.

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Sometimes a little bit of both. :wink:

I scan too quickly at time, apologies for the misread.

10. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

I've yet to buy it but the first Deus Ex it probably one of the Best PC games ever made in my own opinion, and if you haven't played it yet and you're able to look past the decade old graphics, it's most definitely worth the $5 dollars you can buy it off from steam.

I've still yet to give this game a try, though.

11. Static

Static New Member

i will wait for the price to drop a bit more.

12. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

its 35 on amazon

13. Static

Static New Member

That's a good price but with Gears 3 coming out tomorrow ill probably wait a bit longer.

14. Christian

Christian Active Member

Did anyone else finding the ending and last boss fight just awful?

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I did, quite a let down. Then again, once you figure out how to beat them, all of the boss fights are quite pathetic even on the harder difficulty. The ending videos were boring and kind of a let down. Also they made it so that if you saved your game right before the end, then you could just reload and watch each video. No real incentive to go through the game again to get a different ending. The only incentive to replay the game is to either find stuff you missed the first time or to play it all stealth or all guns a' blazing or something.

Boss 1. Shoot explosive barrel. Throw 4 remote detonation packs, blow them up. Kill him with a couple headshots or an RPG if you have it.

Boss 2. Get the Shock/EMP resistance Aug. Blow up those power generators. Headshot her or kill her with explosives as she's being shocked.

Boss 3. Get grenade launcher from Tong after beating the mission with his son. Once fight starts, equip grenade launcher, click your mouse a bunch of times. End.

Final fight. Put in the code or hack the machine. Then just destroy the robots and crazy guys. Since you already have shock resistance, the electricity doesn't hurt you. Once the thing opens up, just shoot the shit out of her. End.

If you have the typhoon aug, I hear that it also makes the boss fights quite simple. I never felt the need to get it though.

#35 LeonNYJ, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  16. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

I am terrible at this game. Can't get through the first section with the Tutorials. I keep dying. It seems like I need to shoot people 10 times for them to die.

Any advice on shooting and using things as blockades? It seems kinda glitchy to me

17. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

you would've found it easier with the typhoon aug.. boss fights are basically, emp, get close, typhoon one or two times depending on the boss. *yawn*

aim for the head. not being an ass... in the begining you have weak shit, and the people you face have no armor up top. headshots are the name of the game. when in cover corner mode, make sure your reticule is like right under their head, or on it depending in if you have a rifle or handgun, pop over the corner... pluck. headshot. its very easy when you get used to it.

18. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

10mm pistol headshot is the bread and butter of that game. When you upgrade it to armor-piercing and lasor sights with increased damage that shit is unstoppable.

19. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

That's all you need. Best shit.

20. Christian

Christian Active Member

I finally beat it last night after playing through very slowly. I had all this gear ready for an epic final encounter to end the game. All I needed was about 1 full clip of the heavy rifle and the game was over. Huge let down for me. Time to replay it and just go into dick mode with everyone. Ive already slaughtered everyone in the police station. Maybe I'll go ahead and murder everyone in Detroit next.

And I hear that the 10mm fully upgraded is pretty beast. I went through the first playthrough doing every non-lethal so I'm gonna need to try it out this time.