2011 Week 4 New York Jets at Baltimore Ravens Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Sep 25, 2011.

1. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

Jets lost to Oakland. Sky is falling. Fire everyone. The whole teams sucks. Close the board...

2. HOI

HOI Active Member

YEP!!! If our O-line plays they same way they have been Sanchez is going to get fucked up big time. Picture Ngata up the middle...Ray Lewis and T Sizzle blitzing....holy fuck that could be bad.

I think this game will serve as a good wake up call...I hope. We all knew its was going to be a tough game...I the fact that we played so fucking ugly makes it worse. If we had lost but played well everyone wouldnt be so hysterical.

#22 HOI, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  3. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

It's funny, but I'm not sure which aspect of this game should be more worrisome. How will we handle their front 7? How will we shut down Rice? Issues in our secondary? And Baltimore will be pumped to beat Rex at home.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

has the Ravens secondary improved from last year?

5. InRevisWeTrust

InRevisWeTrust New Member

I have full confidence that our defense will show up big time next week. Ravens will likely score in the 10-17 range. Also, I think their defense is very susceptible to giving up big plays from Burress, Holmes, Keller, and LT. Mason will hopefully finally get on the same page with Sanchez against his old team.

That said, the Ravens front 7 against our O-Line is an absolute nightmare. If Mangold comes back, it is slightly less nightmarish yet still extremely unfavorable.

6. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

This seems like a coin-flip game to me. Winning could take a lot of the sting out of losing last week.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Does that even matter? Dallas missed their top 3 corners and we couldn't move the ball in big spots because we couldn't protect Sanchez. Oakland lost their top corner during the game as well as a starting safety, and we still never took any chances down the field, mostly because we had no protection.

I'm extremely worried about how we will handle the Ravens' front 7. I think our defense will figure it out, and McFadden is a more explosive back than Rice.

I just have concerns how we can score against them. Our running game looked a lot better in the 1st half last week, but then it was shut down again in the 2nd half. Putting the game in the hands of a constantly under duress Sanchez is not a good key to victory.

On the bright side, I think our defense matches up pretty well with Flacco and the Ravens, and I hope we can force him into some mistakes.

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Joe Flacco throwing this year:
    Boldin: 14 catches 194 yds, 65 per game avg.
    Rice: 14 catches 178 yds, 35 per game avg

TE Dickson: 12 catches 135 yds, 45 per game avg.

Now this Torrey Smith kid went gaga yesterday, but against a team without corners.

Who knows if Lee Evans is alive or not for this game, but we all have confidence Boldin wont get anything deep, and will only be able to beat Revis on short slants.

Dunno what Cromartie's deal is, but if he can be consistent, the Ravens Offense can be shut down outside, and deep.

It wont matter if the Jets cant touch Flacco though. We could shut down Rice, and Boldin, but if Bert has 5 seconds to throw we are gonna be in trouble.

9. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

This. Flacco has a big arm but he is not very good IMO. I think he is the equalizer. I see him giving us a couple turnovers to keep us right there for a shot to win at the end.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Anyone else going to be at this game? This is going to be an epic showdown. Can't wait.

11. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Darrelle Revis is overrated.

Just saving the Baltimore fans the effort.

12. 624

624 Banned

"my receiver is going to be the one that beats Revis this week, I know he shut down every other good receiver in the league, but not ours"

13. Jetastic

Jetastic Member

I see this game being a complete blow out.....Jets win this one huge like 45-0 just to screw with everyone on this board. The emotions will go from worst team ever, to no team stands a chance at stopping us. I would laugh so hard.

14. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Doubtful

10chars

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

i agree with the bold. people make it seem like if you are critical of the jets play then you're a "SOJF"

I have a feeling the Jets will beat Baltimore next Sunday, I think Mangold will play. I think the entire team will be inspired after that poor performance against the Raiders.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

McFadden and Rice are entirely different backs. Rice runs very low with the ground so it's hard to see him. He's got great leverage and gains a lot after initial contact. He runs inside and catches outside.

McFadden just blazes by you around the edges.

17. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Honestly, like I said in the other thread we just have to get the defense on board this game. Even though I don't think 24 points would have won us the game anyway in Oakland even if our defense was played better, they just need to keep it together this week so we don't let this game get out of hand.

The offense on the other hand needs to stop leaving points on the field, and the playcalling needs to be consistent. Let's be honest, even with Mark still growing and maturing as a QB, if we had a more competent OC with the ability to adjust we'd be scoring with the best of them, banged up o-line or not. He needs to call a game like he did in the regular season against Pittsburgh.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Yep, Rice is more like a Maurice Jones-Drew than a McFadden. I hope we have more success since he wont expose the lack of speed in the LB corps as much. Unlike MJD, Rice has other threats around him on offense that make him that much more dangerous.

19. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Me too. 45-0 doesn't seem very realistic, but 27-23 would still make me be like

[​IMG]

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ