Madden Release Date: 8/30

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Jul 20, 2011.

1. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Some games I run well. But this is only because I have like one or two runs for huge gains.

But I play on All-Madden and just cannot get a consistent running game.

2. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Come ouyt in a pass play an audivle tO a run

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It's tough, man.

Use slide protection and sometimes use an extra tackle as a backup tight end to get better blocking up front.

I usually try to trade for an athletic tackle that doesn't necessarily have a high rating, but is fast enough to play fullback and tight end in certain situations. It's deadly on short yardage and off-tackle plays.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I find a nice way to get some quick 3-7 yard runs when you aren't getting nice blocking is to wiggle the juke stick behind the line. If you go side to side your back does a bit of a hesitation and then you can choose which side to stop it on ad if you find a little seam you can explode off the hesitation and break through the more effectively than just plowing forward.

5. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

This. I almost always go a bit to the side of the hole and juke over to hit it. Slide protection to aggressive for running between the tackles and right or left for outside runs. I actually think running is 100 times easier this year than last year. The biggest thing is actually looking for holes and hitting them. Follow the blockers. I get some big gains and very very rarely lose yardage. Most runs are 3-5 yards.

6. MParty7441

I do this, I use the jets playbook, and they have the unbalanced formation in their playbook. I use that, and also put in a backup tackle for the TE.

On the right side of the line I then have CGTTT. You would think I would be able to run behind that, but I cannot.

7. MParty7441

I always to the O-line audible. Aggressive for up the middle and then outside for outside.

I don't really use the right stick that much unless in the open field. I will try using the juke stick more while still behind the LOS.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Is the juke thing the right anolog stick?

i havent even tried because i have only played online h2h games and I have been pressing R1 and L1

They dont have a practice mode do they?

9. MParty7441

I believe they do.

When I played online, I had no trouble running the ball.

It's only playing on All-Madden where I have like 20 carries for 45 yards every game.

10. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Just don't over-juke. One flick of the stick toward the hole lets you do a little cut back move. More than that and you likely lose yards.

11. MParty7441

Some random observations on the game:

The wind is wrong on field goals. When it says it's blowing right, it's actually at your back. When it's left, it's actually in your face.

Injuries-In one game, my starting QB, #1 WR and starting DE all left with major injuries.

My guys drop a lot of passes, while the opposing team's players never drop anything.

My guys also drop a ton of interceptions while the other team rarely drops them.

Finally, I have a major problem stopping the run game, I just played a game where Dexter McCluster had 200+ yards with about 1000 broken tackles. When the RB gets on a "hot streak" he is impossible to bring down.

12. 624

624 Banned

How did Calvin Pace get lowered?

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The Madden roster guys looked at the Power Rankings you posted earlier in the week.

14. Drew

Drew Active Member

Not gonna lie, I enjoy using Carolina the most. Their defense is outstanding. Cam is pretty good, but their running game is dominant.

15. MParty7441

The announcers call Kyle Rudolph Lance Kendricks.

16. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Their Dts are terrible and make it hard to get pressure from just their front four.

I can not stand the Jets offense in this game. Its impossible to run the ball efficiently with Shonn Green, LT's rating have gone down the drain. Plaxico Burress is the most inconsistent player on the planet and Keller is underrated.

On the other hand I dominate people with our defense

17. Drew

Drew Active Member

Greg Hardy. Dude gets through every single play. It's like a glitch.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Kinda sounds like our team in real life

19. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

My only complaint is I overshoot receivers on Streak routes so much with Sanchez, its annoying. Holmes will get a 3 step lead on a CB but I'll throw the ball about 5 yards too far 80% of the time. What am I doing wrong?

20. MParty7441

I'm back to playing online again, so if anyway wants to play online for PS3 let me know.