2011 "Start 'Em / Sit 'Em" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by msldythNYJ, Sep 7, 2011.

1. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Anyone? Felix is also an option just nit a good one

2. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

That psycho tried trading Chris Johnson for Cam Newton straight up. I jumped in and offered Romo and Benson if he's goin that cheap.

3. Bretschi

Bretschi Member

RBs, need to start 1: .5 ppr
    F. Jones vs. WAS
    Murray vs. WAS
    Sproles vs. HOU

I could also pick up Bernard Scott (CIN) vs. SF

4. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Pick 2

Plax vs Oak
    Flex Jones vs Wash
    Brandon Lloyd vs Ten.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Pick up Scott. I Benched Felix bc of separated shoulder.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

From this list, pick 2 RB, 2 WR and a flex wr/rb. Matchups in (). Good luck I'm having a nightmare with the RB's and the Flex.... non ppr

RB
    Ben Tate (NO)
    Lesean Mccoy (NYG)
    Fred Jackson (NE)
    Javhid Best (Min)
    Ryan Matthews (KC)

WR

Calvin Johnson (Min)
    Greg Jennings (Chi)
    A.J. Green (SF)
    Brandon Lloyd (Tenn)
    Jeremy Maclin (NYG)
    Jordy Nelson (Chi)

#226 nyjetsrule, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  7. Drew

Drew Active Member

I have choices to make at QB and Flex this week...

Matt Ryan vs. TB
    Matthew Stafford vs. MIN
    Cam Netwon vs. JAX

and at Flex

Mike Tolbert vs. KC
    Ben Tate vs. NO

Any help much appreciated

8. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

ppr

addai vs pit
    lynch vs arizona

owned j charles and disaster has struck

9. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Jax defense seems ok this year, id sit cam, due for bad game.
    Id start stafford.
    Def Ben Tate, he will have 2td and atleast 80 yrds

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

QB wise, for me its between Stafford and Cam.

Stafford has been totally on fire, and Calvin Johnson is going to continue to beast it.

Cam is a rookie, he's due for a bad game. But thats what I said last week too. Plus the Jags D isnt stellar, its good, but not elite. Its possible he does it again, this time en route to a W.

For me, I think its time to play the odds that Cams performance will dip, play Stafford.

I think the flex is an easier call, Tate is going to have another solid game against NO. Meanwhile, after Matthews good play last week, coupled with Tolberts lack of effort on 4th and goal, and that fucked up fumble, I think SD might be doing a bit of a flip and giving Matthews more opportunities going forward.

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

lynch vs zona is a better bet. Lynch is really the only thing working for seattles offense so far. he isnt doing much, but its more than what everyone else in seattle is doing.

Plus its very hard to start a RB against Pitt/balt/jets anyways, and thats for elite guys. Addai is anything but.

12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

lil help please?

13. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Mccoy starts no matter who he plays. Never ever bench him. My other choice would be Jackson due to the fact that BUF will try to keep the ball out of Brady's hand as much as possible. So I'd expect a large rushing attack from them. WR is Johnson n Jennings. No question there. Flex would go to either Best or Tate. MIN defense isn't what it used to be but Tate is beasting right now. Just curious to see how much Foster actually does. I'd say Best due to being the only guy instead of being in a RBBC. AJ Green needs Andy Dalton to prove a little more before he's worthy of starting on your fantasy team.

14. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Need to fill my W/R/T spot in my PPR league this week:

Dallas Clark vs. PIT
    Mike Sims-Walker vs. BAL
    C.J. Spiller vs. NE
    Ochocinco @ BUF

Is it crazy to start Spiller this week? I've used Clark the last two weeks, but obviously, Indy has struggled. Didn't see either game, but I read that in week 1, Clark was often used more to block than receive due to the Texans pass rush. I can see the same situation this week against Pittsburgh, and he's already questionable with a foot injury (although likely to play, on SNF).

Sims-Walker could see more action with Amendola out, as he had a decent game this past Monday. Baltimore hasn't been a great pass defense, yet.

Not sure what others' stance on starting two receivers on the same team is, but I'm kind of reluctant since by simple logic, the ideal situation is to have each of your receivers scoring/earning points at the same time, as opposed to one scoring while the other waits his turn. That's the situation with Ochocinco, as I have Gronk as my starting TE. Of course, NE is the best team to spread the ball around, so Ochocinco might not be left out too much, especially against a bad Buffalo pass defense. With Hernandez out, it's said that he's likely to play more snaps.

With Roscoe Parrish out for Buffalo, yahoo reports from the Bills website that Spiller 'might have a bigger role in the gameplan'. He's looked impressive in the limited carries he gets, but I can see them using him in some passing plays against NE's poor defense as well. Combined with the fact that Buffalo should be going all out to win this game, I'm kind of leaning toward him. Unfortunately, punt/kick return points are reserved for DST.

I typed much more than I was planning, but what does everyone think?

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Yeah the three obvious plays are Mccoy, Johnson and Jennings. I was thinking Jackson since he's on fire and Tate. But its hard with that crop of guys, you know somebody's going to have a big game, its just like flipping a coin and hoping you guessed right at the flex.

16. jaybny

jaybny Banned

Stafford vs Fitzpatrick?

17. HOI

HOI Active Member

Need help....

I have Romo and Hasselback.

They say Romo is playing even with the busted rib. Do I start Romo or play it safe, not worry about re-injury, and play Hasselback at home vs Denver?

18. HOI

HOI Active Member

I would say Fitz bc the Bills are gonna have to throw all day to keep up with the Pats. That and the Pats secondary is dogshit.

19. msldythNYJ

msldythNYJ Member

Pretty surprised Hillis isnt' starting for Cleveland, had to shuffle my lineup around. Need a flex starter, .5 ppr

Mike Williams (TB) vs. ATL
    Beanie Wells vs. SEA

20. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

If they were both healthy Beanie, but if you can't wait it out till both teams kick off at 4 to find out then play it safe with Mike Williams.

I have Beanie in my league, but fortunately have Thomas Jones on standby if I have to do a switcheroo. And my backup to Romo is Rex Grossman so I can wait that one out too lol.

My dilemma is this: Devery Henderson or Santonio Holmes?