Madden Release Date: 8/30

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

thanks...i am losing my patience with h2h online.

Maybe because i decided to play online right when i got the game instead of playing offline a bit.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Anyone see that they put turner in mangolds spot with the new roster update?

Are they seriously taking a guy with a broken leg and putting him in front of a guy with a sprained ankle?

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Been playing madden ultimate team since i bought the game. Might just drop my preorder on fifa 12

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Newbie needs Madden 12 help

I know I know. I am showing up at the club 5 minutes before last call.Sorry to infuriate you with newb questions but I bought my XBOX primarily as a Media extender for WMC. MK5 is the only other game I have for it.

Just picked up Madden 12 and I am so frustrated trying to do anything with this game. I keep going back trying to read the manual and learn some things but it seems that all I can do is hand off to Greene and run right (practice mode). I did get off one pass but fell incomplete. I can't repeat it.

Any suggestions on basic plays for a new Madden Player? Is there a website you guys hit for assisted playing or tips? Suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

And no online play for me. It was senseless to pay $50 a year for a device I use to extend my movie collection into another room.

5. ukilledkenny

Put the difficult down to it's lowest level and just play. The only way to get better is to get used to the game. Most of us have been laying madden for years so we have a pretty good idea of how to play the moment we pick up a new one. You are on a steep learning curve right now.

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Treat it like a real football game in terms of situational playcalling

7. RevisApotheosis

RevisApotheosis New Member

One thing I don't like about Madden 12 is how it seems that when hitting the "switch player" button while a pass is in the air on defense, it switches to a player downfield in position to make a tackle, while I'm thinking it will switch to the closest player to the ball like it used to.

For example: I'll be meaning to switch to a cornerback playing man coverage against the wide receiver and try to intercept the ball, but instead get switched to the deep safety, end up whiffing because I thought I was the corner, while my corner doesn't get the tackle. Now because I screwed up as the safety, it gives the receiver a chance to take the ball to the house while the safety is out of position.

Other than that, I rather enjoy the new Madden. Defense is much improved, especially on the D-line, seeing as how they got rid of suction blocking. Running the ball also seems like it's been improved.

You'd think they'd come up with some better commentary though... It's all recycled from last year, with a couple extra things added in so they can say they at least did something about it. They have a new line about Revis being among the best in the game, but I was playing Franchise, and Revis was out for a few weeks. They'd still use that same line when Cromartie made a big play, while Revis was nowhere to be found.

8. Drew

Drew Active Member

ALL THE TIME.

The one thing that's driving me nuts.

9. ukilledkenny

The DB thing does suck. I have given up a few long td's because of it.

10. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I find it very difficult to run the ball. Any suggestions?

There are some plays when I run the ball and the safeties are running up to the LOS right at the snap. Then I try some PA and they drop back!

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

what team, what level?

12. Drew

Drew Active Member

That and jump balls seem to always go to the offense.

13. ukilledkenny

Yet another double post by me.

14. ukilledkenny

The whole wr/db interaction is my biggest gripe with madden at this point. There needs to be hand fighting and guys going up for a ball simulationously. In madden the game decides whichnguys is gonna feel like jumping on a particular play and that guy wins the ball every time.

15. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

Too bad 2k sports can't make NFL games no more

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

[​IMG]

17. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Really? I played the steelers with the raiders and ran for nearly 300 yds. About 100 with mcfadden 78 with bush and over 100 wirh 66 ovr taiwan jones. This was on all pro though.

I also only ran two plays the entire game and didnt pass the ball once.

I apologize for not really answering your question its just hard to give advice on it. Id try some toss plays if i was you inthis situation.

#357 inSANITy, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  18. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

I have a question sometimes when i audible out of a play i decide i want to go back to my original play. In thr older games you used to just press x and lb i think. This no longer works. Doez anyone know how to do this?

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I only play online franchise and IMO this is the best Madden since I started playing again with Madden 10.Really enjoying this game.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Aside from the game bugging out on PS3 and crashing on me every day when I go quit 'Madden' game

I love the gameplay and its fluidity on offense/defense.

However, the DB/CB issue when switching to closest player on field is a massive problem for me too...That is why i only like to switch on short players...Deep balls, i let my CBs do the work on cpu.