1 of the BEST Revis Discussion threads ever.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Sep 21, 2011.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You sure seem like a raider fan.

Sure your neutral?

2. jve

jve New Member

In all fairness, both you and I could cover Todd Watkins as well as pick JaMarcus Russell off.

3. jve

jve New Member

I am a Raiders fan but I'm talking about Revis. So yes, I'm neutral for the Jets since they aren't a rival. Bias would be relevant if I was actually discussing the game as opposed to the player.

4. jve

jve New Member

Five catches actually. Two of them were spectacular. It really doesn't matter who you're playing, an amazing catch is an amazing catch.

5. ukilledkenny

I would say you are as bias to aso as we are to Revis.

It is my understanding that the raiders generally run a cover 2 man. Is this correct or not?

6. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Aso is so good he decided to get the hell out of Oakland ASAP.

7. jve

jve New Member

But that is in an Aso/Revis debate. I speaking solely on Revis here.

They run it more this year from what I've seen but when Aso was here, it was straight cover 1 mixed with a lot of cover 0.

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

please stop with the Deion Sanders bullshit. Revis is a completely different corner, in a different era of football, and is still a kid.

I forgot about the infamous 'i just got abused during a early game week 2, and OH WAIT was injured for 4 weeks after the play'

Yeah Revis has such a huge ego, he got beat, and faked an injury for 4 weeks. Get lost, clown.

As for Lee Evans

[YOUTUBE]4sxkXH6gZ08[/YOUTUBE]

omgzzzz Revis got owned by Abram Elam.. I mean Lee Evans. Holy shit a CB gave up a play in his career!!!! in his rookie year too!!!

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Posted this elsewhere. BTW Fuck you you cunt Raider fans..............

Great Revis Article by Manish

Three days after the Jets' season-opening win against the Cowboys in which Revis had a game-altering interception, the best cornerback in the NFL dissected his newest challenge: Off coverage.

....................Click on article majority left out.........................................
    "Is he better than Deion?" Irvin said. "There were times I was on the field and Deion was on the field and we were not going up against each other. Sometimes he got on the lesser man and they doubled the greater man. It kind of gave Deion a break. I've watched Darrelle Revis. A Michael Irvin would not be on the football field without Darrelle Revis covering him. … Darrelle Revis is the best. Don't fool yourself."

10. ukilledkenny

If only Michael Irvin were more credible as a journalist. It is a nice quote from a great player though.

11. ezio713

ezio713 New Member

Yeah that Mario Black guy is a fucking scrub

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I have to admit, that quote is one of the most insanely idiotic worded quotes I have ever seen from a so called analyst. I think my Pekingese can put together a more cogent statement than that.