1 of the BEST Revis Discussion threads ever.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Sep 21, 2011.

1. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Don't underestimate the idea that playing the lottery is considered 'employment' in Oakland.

2. BigPrimo

BigPrimo New Member

Oh yeah forgot about the infamous "i just got abused on live TV by Randy Moss with one hand i better pull up lame after the fact so that the back lash isn't to harsh cause I just called him a slouch" hammy. Yeah forgot about that my bad!

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Let's agree to this. Revis got beat, moss made a ridiculous catch. Revis did not fake the injury.

Can we agree to all that?

It is funny how Revis getting beat one time every now and again is amazing proof that he isn't as good as we say he is. Every time I get a chance to see aso play he gives up a catch. Doesn't change the fact they are both amazing.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Except that he didnt finish the game and missed the next 2. Revis is human and will get beat rarely. What matters is the team doesn't get beat not an individual player. And your team just got beat by the Buffalo Bills.

5. BigPrimo

BigPrimo New Member

I'll agree Revis is one if not the top CB today!

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, then Revis missed a few games after that to make it look like it really, really was a legit injury. He's a genius.

7. BigPrimo

BigPrimo New Member

Yeah and the Bills are a good team and it also took a monumental collapse by the D to do it!

8. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

You do realize that Revis was out for a few games after that, right?

I'm sorry, but if you think that Campbell can get more than a few short passes through Revis, you have another thing coming. He'd be better off taking advantage of the middle with your TE's since our LBs aren't anything special in coverage or dumping off the ball to McFadden and going for YACs.

Revis has absolutely shut down guys like Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, and Vincent Jackson on more than one occasion. I don't understand how you could think that a rookie like Moore is his kryptonite.

9. BigPrimo

BigPrimo New Member

I wouldn't go at Revis except for 1 shot down field to Moore on a Gamble. I have already stated everything you have. I guess you didnt read my posts. But yes Revis like all other Cb can and will be beat just doesn't happen much with Revis but I would still take some chance, if we are going to win we have to know we can win all of our match ups no matter how unlikely it is! Again i'm not going at Revis with wrecklace abandon but I would take a shot or 2!

#109 BigPrimo, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  10. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Ok. Now you just don't what you're talking about.
    He missed the rest of that game and the next 2 after that if I'm not mistaken.
    If he was acting, he was really committed to the role and should get at least, imo, an Oscar nomination.

11. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

If he had, he would have seen that your erroneously pointed out that Revis "acted" on Moss' TD grab last year.

12. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Don't even bother pointing things like this out to Oakland's fans.
    Why bother with things like "facts" and "stats." They have a 5th round pick playing in his 3rd NFL game, EVER.

As the infamous Lionel Hutz once pointed out...."heresy and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence, your Honor..."

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Bills are not a good team. They have beaten the worst team in football right now in KC and another bad team in Oakland. Your D had that monumental collapse because its not that good. You have a good run D but one of the worst passing defenses in football.

14. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

You Jets fans need to open your eyes, the Raiders rookie has two games under his belt. He may as well have been beating Revis in his past life too with all the experience he has. Do you understand that he's made one good catch on a jump ball against the Bills?

I don't think you understand the kind of cred that gets you in Oakland. This guy is the real deal. Revis better look out, that Jags receiver that didn't play last week showed him up good. I heard Revis took a different flight home so he wouldn't have to see his team after his performance against him.

15. BigPrimo

BigPrimo New Member

Ok i was wrong but he did hurt it after the play trying to stop cause he didn't grab it when Moss was dusting his aZZ.

16. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Revis was beat one time last year after he blew a tire. omgzzz

17. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Disregarding the Trig Palin level retardation of your theory that Revis faked an injury for 3 weeks because he was embarrassed about getting burned...the mere fact that everyone vividly remembers the two times that Revis has gotten toasted (by Moss and Ted Ginn) shows you how good he is.

As I said earlier in the thread, I certainly hope that Campbell takes shots at Revis. I don't care if we're talking about Moore or we're talking about Jerry fucking Rice, the opposing QB choosing to challenge Revis is the best case scenario for our defense.

Smart coaches try to stop the other team's best player from beating them. Revis is the Jets best player. I have a feeling that Hue Jackson remembers what happened the last time the Jets played the Raiders, and he won't take that needless risk.

18. jve

jve New Member

The difference is that Nnamdi has given up 1 touchdown in 4 years and it was an amazing pass/catch by Rivers/Jackson. From my counting, he's given up only 4 big plays in those four years as well. Everyone gives up catches. No one said Revis isn't as good as he is because he allowed a few catches to the Cowboys. I and other neutral fans simply believe he's not as good as the media says.

19. jve

jve New Member

Actually two.

youtube.com/watch?v=PmEqmgnAckk

20. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Two catches against the Bills? Why didn't you say so? Somebody alert Canton, we have a player coming through.