week 3 - Jets @ Oakland Raiders - 9/25/11

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Are you being even remotely serious? Now I see what they mean about the Raider fans, they are all as delusional as mad Al.

2. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

From reading all the espn, yahoo, and SI articles this week you'd think the Jets were the underdog. Really surprised how many people think the Raiders will win this game.

3. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Damn. We're going to get out talled.

waitwut? Are we playing the Chargers already?

4. HOI

HOI Active Member

I don't even read other teams fans bullshit anymore during the week. We weren't gonna beat cincy twice in a row bc they held back their playbook in the first game and the chargers wr were tooooo tall and revis was soooo short....that 2009.

2010...manning would own us at home again...the pats beat us by 40 so there's no way we'd take them in the playoffs and gronkowskis got a 20 inch cock that can catch passes...2010

last week whatever jerkoff wr the jags had was too fast for revis...mo jones was gonna run all over us...week after blah blah fucking blah.

If height was the end all be all for wr's lebron would play for the for those fags in Miami.

Don't try to make yourselves feel better and take your upcoming ass whooping like men

5. Throat Punch

Throat Punch New Member

Revis = Oompah Loompah

Looks like half the male population in Boston

Short man with moustache

6. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Complete disrespect. Hope the Jets whoop their behind like we did in 2009.

7. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Are you typing from some special education center? Vincent Jackson is way taller than Revis and couldnt do shit.

8. Ingersoll

Ingersoll New Member

For one game they played lights out. Every defense, no matter how normally bad they are pulls that off a couple of times a year. And that's usually due to anomalies in match ups.

When he was with the Raiders Ryan's defenses ranked near the bottom in nearly every meaningful category. One year we were ranked near #1 in passing but that's because teams didn't have to throw on us. That was the season we went 2-14. But when teams wanted to throw on us, like Cinci did, it was obvious we were bad all around.

As it stands right now the Cowboys are -2 in turnovers and giving up almost 50% of third downs. They do have 5 sacks which is respectable but have also given up 25.5 points per game thus far---and that is by far the most important stat of all. Last year in Cleveland they were the 20th team in giving up points and 22nd in yards allowed.

His first season in Cleveland: ranked 21st in points allowed and ranked 31st in yards allowed.

The guys' a fraud with more bark than bite.

9. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

It's funny how playing the Jets has affected opposing teams so far this year.

By Sunday night the fans want to fire the head coach and QB. Hope that trend continues, I don't see why it won't.

When will the Jamarcus Pryor era begin this year?

10. Ingersoll

Ingersoll New Member

The thing I'm not reading about, which is weird is the lack of discussion regarding the Raider's defense. It's the biggest factor in the game.

We won't score 30+ points against you guys but we will be respectable. As far as you guys scoring points on long drives, it's gonna happen.

More often than not you can't put a lot of stock in preseason games. But this preseason was different for us. With the exception of the very first game against Az, every team we faced put together 9, 10, and 11+ play scoring drives against our defense; and that's carried over into the regular season. And if any team's offense if built to do that, it's New York's.

I said early on in this thread that it's not impossible for our D to have a good game against you guys, but if by some blue-moon miracle that does happen it won't be because they're worth a shit. It'll be more like a lucky punch thrown by drunk off his ass retard in a divebar fight.

Sorry if I ramble. I've already blown my load on this topic in Raider forums. Everyone's already heard all the bullshit out of me they care to hear about over there.

11. Mangold Goldman

[YOUTUBE]17sX3z0SMYg[/YOUTUBE]

Hopefully this isn't us on Sunday

12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

OMG its terrible how much they hate on the Jets. I know that Mangold is out, blah, blah. We've been dealing with O-line issues even when Mangold was in this year. Our defense looks effing amazing though and our secondary is starting to look scary. MJD had a pretty good game against us last week (not that it mattered) but McFadden is no MJD. Oh yeah, Kevin Boss is manageable for a TE, which seems to be one of the few achilles heels of our D. I just don't see the Raiders putting up numbers. For some reason they think the Bills D and the Jets D are the same.

13. Mangold Goldman

Actually I think McFadden is better than MJD, at least at this stage of their careers. Just my opinion

14. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

not for nothing, but against the jets week 1, the ST gave up a TD on the blocked punt and Romo gave us the game winning FG. we moved the ball 2 yards I think after Revis stepped OB. So in total fairness, his D really only gave up 17 points week 1. So it's more like a 21ppg avg for his defense so far. Not stellar, but good enough to be 2-0 if it werent for romo.

15. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

this is great :steelers:

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

No, that's a fact.

17. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

18. Ingersoll

Ingersoll New Member

Yeah I know. I was just hoping no one would notice. :grin:

19. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

20. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

We will best the Raiders this Sunday. I still want revenge for the Heidi Bowl.

:raiders: