1 of the BEST Revis Discussion threads ever.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Sep 21, 2011.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Even if we put the Ginn Td totally on Revis, which everyone involved with the jets said wasn't the case, that leaves Revis having been burned for a TD twice since he started getting publicity as the best or second best. We could run down the list of guys he has totally shut down but that us redundant at this point.

Aso is right up there but one has to believe the number of times he got thrown at the last 5 years is a bit skewed since he was normally on a bad defense that could be exploited somewhere else. That doesn't mean Aso isn't good it is just something to consider when throwing numbers around. Then we need to consider that Revis spent an entire year shadowing guys all around the field and will still do it when Cro isn't up to the task of covering someone. No matter how much you love Aso he simply didn't do that very much, if it all.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Of CBs I have watched, I have three Hall of Famers and Revis in my top four, but you say I'm delusional.

If you think I am some sort of silly Jets homer, stick around beyond this week and you will find out that I am not one.

You are mad because I rate Revis above Asomugha. Some people prefer Revis. Some prefer Asomugha. That's fine. We are comparing two elite CBs here as opposed to comparing an elite one and a pretty good one.

It is amazing that you claim you have proof I have never watched Asomugha play simply because I rank him below Revis.

You don't know what you don't know. The 49ers used to include Jimmy Johnson's pass defense numbers in their media guides. He posted outrageous numbers similar to the Sanders ones you added here.

Dick Lane, Mel Blount, Lem Barney, Mike Haynes, Willie Brown- none of those Hall of Famers came close to what Sanders did?

3. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

aso stays on one side of the field guarding #2 receivers ... stop the nonsense

4. jve

jve New Member

Did he not allow 4 TDs last year? Or are you talking about getting completely burned as in a deep pass?

Asomugha proved in 2008 and 2010 that the whole "you can do other things" is irrelevant. In 2008, Chris Johnson was actually pretty damn good and Aso still had extreme success. Same with 2010. Stanford Routt was very good and he had arguably his best season ever. He's done it plenty of times in his career. Off the top of my head he held Fitzgerald to one catch in 2010, Brandon Marshall to 0 catches in 2009 (he caught a few in zone) and Reggie Wayne to zero catches in 2010. He shadowed Fitz and Marshall and the Colts designate their #1 receiver to the left side other than 3 or 4 plays a game.

5. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Okay and Revis can hold receivers in check more consistently. For every good game Routt has I bet you he has 3 bad ones :smile:

6. ukilledkenny

I'm sure he has, he is in the top 2 with Revis no matter what ordr you put them in. I don't think anyone can really argue Revis has shadowed guys more than aso though.

This is one of those things where eagles and raiders fans, as well as ny haters, will prefer one guy and jets fans and some others will prefer Revis. I don't know that is possible to quantify who is better subjectively.

7. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

If you look at who the players and coaches in the NFL voted as best, it was Revis by a long shot. Woodson was also rated above Aso.

But I doubt they know as much as a message board experts.

http://top100.nfl.com/

8. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

whatever happened to RaiderJoe?

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If Revis were black we wouldn't even be having this conversation

10. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Exactly, scrappy white guys get no respect in this league.

11. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

And on another note why would you blitz Revis? He is more of a weapon shutting down the receiver allowing other players more time to blitz.

12. ukilledkenny

Thing with that vote is some of it was obviously done out of respect and not quality of play. Woodson being above aso is a crime in 2010. There are decent amount of guys who don't deserve to be on that list in 2010 but got on it because of their careers as a whole.

13. 624

624 Banned

I can't stop watching this.

14. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

hahahah....jve, you're one stubborn son of a bitch. You gotta be German, right?

15. BigPrimo

BigPrimo New Member

Didn't That rookie from the Donkos beat Reevis on a fade, Demetrius Thomas?

16. BigPrimo

BigPrimo New Member

Oh yeah don't forget Lee Evans completely owning Revis!

17. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Who are these players you speak of?

That game with Evans was Revis' rookie year. Sorry, he didn't own the league his rookie year. Can this game be played at 4:30 today? The discussion about the game is tiresome and the grammar and spelling even worse.

18. BigPrimo

BigPrimo New Member

lol, its on youtube...I cant link just type Revis vs Thomas!

19. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Very simple. You're comparing a rookie dipshit receiver to the best CB in the game. I don't care if its for one play or two seasons.

To answer your question: Can Moore win a jump ball over Revis? Sure he can. But his odds are REALLY low. If you want to argue til the death for that 10% chance he beats Revis on the deep bomb go for it, but its a waste of time. It'd be like proving the economical benefits one has playing the lottery.

20. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Revis was playing with a bad hamstring. He wasn't back to form until second half of the season