week 3 - Jets @ Oakland Raiders - 9/25/11

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I recall Rob Ryan using that untalented Cleveland defense to stop the red hot Patriots last year.

2. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I lived in SF for a long time and have been to Oakland many times. The Stadium is in a fairly remote part of town by the airport, not in the 'ghetto'.

Most of the raiders fans come from the nearby suburbs. There's fights in the stands, most often between fellow raiders fans.

I would venture that the IQ level in the stadium is well below what it is in the city.

And I've had BBQ all over the US. Flynt's in Oakland is my favorite.

3. BookEndTackles 72&79

This guy can one up Peter King. Just to show you what other kind of garbage is out there I ran across this pick below. Uhhh, shaky on the road?? If he means 11-5 in the regular season the past two years and 4-2 on the road in the playoffs I will take "shaky" anytime. Amazing some of these writers can't get basic facts straight.

By Neil Keefe
    » More columns

Ah, Week 3. The week where things finally start to come together and make sense. Or as much sense as picking NFL games by the spread can make.

New York Jets -3 over OAKLAND
    When the lines first came out, I saw this and thought, “FREE MONEY!!!” Then I remembered that the Jets are playing a center that has never played before, that they seem shaky on the road the last couple of years and that the Raiders defense is going to be crazy in their home opener and that the Raiders have a much better running game than the Jets. For some reason, I still like the Jets even considering all those things.

4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Rex is 11-2 in the regular season against AFC opponents outside the AFC East. He lost to Jax in '09 and the Ravens last year. He has beaten every AFC team at least once (including playoffs) except Baltimore and Kansas City (who the Jets play for the first time under his watch this year). Pretty impressive compared to past Jets coaches......

#284 mrjet80, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

The Jets are 11-5 on the Road the last 2 years, and if you including the playoffs that would put us at 15-7 on the road. This guy is literally writing out of his shit hole.

6. BigPrimo

BigPrimo New Member

Gonna be a good game, hope no injuries either side. Now that that's out of the way....

DMC gonna have a field day, PERIOD!!!

And I wanna see Moore vs Revis...I think this will only help Moore as Revis is one of the best DB's today. Doing so will either A take Revis out of the game like so many opponents used to do to Nnamdi or B prove that Moore is the real deal either way i'm good with this!

Don't sleep on Hagan. If DHB starts then we are in trouble as Cro will have no problem with DHB...

Boss being back is huge for us. Miller is a loss in the pass game but that helps in Candle having to go to his WR more instead of checking down even before he goes through his progressions (no more training wheels so to speak). But Boss is a huge addition to the run game. Boss > Miller @ run blocking!

As for Defense its boom or bust, if we play like first half vs Bills we have a chance, second half and Sanchez is eating bratwursts this time!

#286 BigPrimo, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  7. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Uh, the offense doesn't take Revis out of the game.

Revis takes half of the field away for the offense.

Good luck to your boy, I doubt they will show him much on TV.

8. Throat Punch

Throat Punch New Member

Revis is a midget at 5'10

youtube.com/watch?v=PmEqmgnAckk

Copy and paste and watch

Denarius Moore has Randy Moss like skill. Not saying he's Moss in anyway, but the kid is blazing fast and can jump up and get the ball

9. stanner

stanner Member

I'm on my phone; somebody post some stats.

10. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Tall doesn't matter.

[​IMG]

11. 624

624 Banned

Revis is 5'11

Calvin Johnson and Vincent Jackson are both 6'5

[YOUTUBE]odEkIjovrBM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]YyImK4qfyss[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, and he has "Randy Moss-like skill" first of all, that's complete bullshit, Moss is probably the most talented WR of all time.

Second, Revis has shut down Moss multiple times so who cares if he does?

12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

[YOUTUBE]o8PoD6RHBbg[/YOUTUBE]

Don't you even attempt to say Vincent Jackson (6'5'') doesn't know how to go get the ball at its highest point. Because he definately does.

Oh btw, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald, in addition to Randy Moss have all gone against Revis and been shut down.

So yeah, if Moore does actually win a jump ball over Revis, kudo's to him, because since Rex has taken over, I don't even remember Revis being beaten on a jump ball by anybody, including those listed. Revis can be beaten, but it tends to be on quick hitters, if you give revis more than 3 seconds, he disects the route and shuts it down almost every time.

edit: haha beaten too it twice, good work boys.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Who is this WR you talking about? Didn't this guy play 1 game against a dog shit Bills secondary?

I'm just wondering who Campbell is going to throw to, WR wise.

McFadden looks great, but I want to see him play an NFL defense of quality. He isn't going to have fun playing against DeVito, Pouha, Scott, Harris.

Oakland secondary is so awful. Missed tackles all over...Slant to Holmes could go a long way.

Hahahahahahahahahahah. I love that. I also loved it when the Chargers fans were saying, Revis has NO SHOT against TALL WR'S. I Campbell has the balls to throw a jump ball toward's Revis. It's getting intercepted.

14. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Guyz, this rookie is better than RANDY MOSS LOLZ OMGZZ REVIS IS FUCKED CUZ HES SHORT, MOORE IS RANDY TALL!!!one!111!

I thought the Patriots won the Super Bowl, then I heard that the Cowboys won the Super Bowl, then the Jaguars won and now it's the Demarius Moore and the Raiders are the 2012 Champions. CONGRATZ!!111!

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I love clueless fans.:drunk:

16. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I think Peter King meant that the Jets are the better team if the game were to be played on a neutral field, but he likes Oakland because of the extenuating circumstances. Those extenuating circumstances don't have much to do with football but whether or not the players dislike traveling, but that was his point. Not that we are bad on the road.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

And Denarius Moore has blonde tips on his hair.

18. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Throat punch shut up real quick

19. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

"I ain't catchin' shit Sunday."

[​IMG]

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Is that Larry Flynt's?