Is Cromartie worth his 4 year $32 million dollar contract?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Dude stop making sense

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I certainly didn't say that but if this season turns sour because the Pats and Chargers beat us with both Rivers and Brady making amazing throws, you can bet the band wagon fans of the last couple of year will be saying exactly that about Eric Smith.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Then when Smith had an amazing game against the Pats on the road last January it was Brady's fault for making smith look so good?

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

thats the thing i dont get when people question competition.

if the guy made the plays hes SUPPOSED to make on inferior opponents that would at least prove them to be as good as they should be

Eric Smiths only weakness is coverage, and even then hes improved and seems to be more aware in Zone coverage.

I dont think its really his fault that Rex's schemes sometimes ask him to cover TE's bigger and faster than him and he occasionaly gets exposed.

at that point its the coach's job to either find a replacement or the balance of rotation to limit these exposures, which he does fairly well.

Rex must have some confidence in him to give him the deal he got and nod over Brodney

5. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I realize I took some liberties with your quote - not trying to put words in your mouth - but it just gets frustrating to hear people downplay the accomplishments of our players on the basis of who they were playing against. Would it be more impressive if his INT came against Brady, sure, but no need to take away credit from E. Smith based on who's pass he intercepted.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Thanks for not wanting to put words in my mouth. Please let me know where I put down Eric Smith?

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Are you actually arguing that Smith is a great cover safety? Eric Smith is what he is a physical run stopper with mediocre coverage skills.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The point is in most cases it's never wholly a case of one or the other. Brady is not perfect on every play. McCown is no Brady, but he Qb's a team that the week before won an NFL regular season game.

I suppose the people who voted Cro the AFC Defensive Fucking Player of the Week didn't know McCown Qb'd the Jags, otherwise they wouldn't have given it to Cro.

Give me a break.

9. Royce Parker

You wrote: "Call me crazy but I think McCown had something to do with making Eric Smith look like Ed Reed in coverage. "

Is that not just a backhanded way of saying that he wouldn't look so good against a team with a better QB? I'm not sure how else to interpret it but please help me get what you meant if I'm taking it in the wrong way.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He has never looked that good in coverage. Of course the QB had something to do with it. That's not knocking Eric Smith.

11. gopats88

gopats88 Member

AFC Defensive Player of the Week isn't about who has the best performance against good competition... it is about who puts on the best show.

Before you crown him as a great player because of this honor, take into account the fact that both Brandon Merriweather and Kerry Rhodes have won AFC DPOW before.

12. Royce Parker

I don't think anyone is crowning him a great player based on winning an award one week, but on the flipside it's bullshit to discredit his performance based on what QB he was playing against. Dude had a good game on Sunday, period. As a Jet fan I'm glad to see him kicking ass against any opponent.

Also, I agree with your point about the award going to the player who puts on the best show, otherwise Revis would win it every week for forcing QBs to never throw the ball in his direction. :up:

13. Big Blocker

Were you paying attention to the conversation in this thread? No one said he's a "great player because of this honor". Here's a hint - check out the thread title. Did you read the thread title, even?

So you have no point of reference, 88. You're like a child that wanders INTO THE MIDDLE OF A MOVIE!

14. gopats88

gopats88 Member

This is what I was referring to:

15. Big Blocker

In fact I think since McCown was, for argument's sake, let's just say, the worst starting Qb on an NFL TEAM THIS BEING THE TOUGHEST FOOTBALL LEAGUE BAR NONE IN THE WHOLE F'ING WORLD, but still let's say for argument's sake, the worst, last weekend,

I don't think the Jets should even be able to count this win in the win column. In fact the fans should be given their money back.

I might even say the Jags should get the win, because it was so unfair that they had to play with McCown.

shit, if the Jets were really any good, they would have intercepted every single pass McCown attempted.

Yes, those Jets really suck.

16. Big Blocker

Hey, I take it back. You're a fan of my work!

Thank you very much. I am humbled.

17. Big Blocker

Hey, one thing though, how come you didn't post the post where I said Cro was the greatest player ever? I think I must have posted that about twenty times. How come you didn't post any of them?

Fyi you can get my posting history by clicking on my name. Come on back when you find those posts. Actually just one of htem will do.

18. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I have been paying attention since the beginning.

The past week you have been gloating like you single-handedly won the argument. I honestly have no say in the matter whatsoever, but even the Cro haters will admit (I assume) that he is going to look good some weeks. This game did not settle any arguments about whether he is great/sucks, is undervalued/overpaid, etc.... it hasn't resolved anything.

How many times are you going to mention AFC Defensive Player of the 'Fucking' Week in an attempt to 'prove' that he is not overpaid?

And meanwhile you act like the Cro detractors should all be hiding in caves sulking with their heads between their knees.

19. Big Blocker

88 apparently thinks the fact that Cro was named AFC Defensive Player of the week supports the argument that the Jets overpaid for him.

Yes, just like a child wandering into the middle of a movie.

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Here what do I win?