week 3 - Jets @ Oakland Raiders - 9/25/11

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Sep 18, 2011.

1. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I don't think you'll find a reasonable Jets fan on this board that doesn't expect the Raiders front 7 to give us some problems. Especially with Mangold in all likelihood out of the game.
    Don't expect Sanchez to check down or for Schotty to call screens all day. I know your fans are creaming in their pants about the prospect of Moore facing Revis (or at least at the prospect of a jump ball), but we do have Buress, Holmes, and Mason (all professionals), who I suspect will be included in the offensive game plan.
    And if you want to key on that, it'll be Dustin Keller all day in the middle of the field.

2. patfanken

patfanken Banned

No not that at all, but you do bring up an interesting point. How many times in the last 6 superbowls has a team with a bye won. Not many Pittsburgh only won one of their two recent superbowls with a bye. Did the Saint's have a bye in their win, I don't recall. The Gian't Packers, Steelers, and Colts were all recent superbowl winners who came out of the Wild card. There is certainly some anecdotal evidence that having a great regular season recently is no guarantee of playoff success

And my comment about the impact of the Jets going 2-1 in the next 3 games was in reference to the Jets chances of winning the division this year. Though what SEEMS to matter the most in January is which team is healthiest and which QB is hot.

3. AlToonFanClub

AlToonFanClub New Member

The great Peter King has the Jets giving up 30 and scoring 24. I don't care if he picks the Raiders to win, but the analysis is horrible...

The Jets play better on a neutral field?? Great analysis, Raiders players will be pissed by their schedule??? Are you serious?

4:05 p.m. ET (CBS) New York Jets (2-0) at Oakland Raiders (1-1)
    Why? Just a gut feeling. Oakland's really ticked off about losing the game in Buffalo; the players sound wounded. The Jets are playing a center who's never played, with Nick Mangold down with a high ankle sprain. Oakland should be seething against the league for putting them at Denver on Monday night, late, to start the season, then, after getting home at 4 a.m. Tuesday, flying back out three days later to a city four-and-a-half hours away. Just a hunch, but I bet a few of the players were in a lather over that. Tough spot for the Jets, who are better on a neutral field. Which this will not be on Sunday.

4. Throat Punch

Throat Punch New Member

I think so, they led the league in sacks last year.

They registered 6 sacks and 3 forced fumbles agaisnt a pretty good OL in Denver

Fitzpatrick lined up in 5 WR set most of the game and he got rid of that ball before the DL even broke the line

Expect Oakland to register 3-4 sacks on sundays, Sabchez has already thrown 3 int's, dont be surprised to see pressure by the Raiders cause a bad thrown and an int.

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Him picking us to lose isn't a stretch, since this definitely looks like one of those "let down" games, but giving up 30 points? Come on, Peter King.

6. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

According to Peter King players get their feelings hurt and as a result play much better.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Don't forget Tom Jackson too.

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Neutral field? Does he not remember the Jets being a better road team than home team for the past two seasons? Or how about going on the road and winning 4 road playoff games in the past two seasons?

Fool

The only thing you can say is that the Jets have never been great in the West Coast. Although since Rex took over, they've been quite good.

Games West of the Mississippi:
    @ Houston Texans W 24-7
    @ New Orleans Saints L 24-10 (most of which was Sanchez throwing 5 picks)
    @ Oakland Raiders W 38-0
    @ San Diego Chargers W 17-14 (Playoffs)

@ Denver Broncos W 24-20

#268 LeonNYJ, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  9. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

What a tool King can be at times. Jets are better on a neutral field?!?!? What about 4 road wins the last two years in the playoffs. Those certainly werent neutral fields. I cant stand him at times.

10. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

You know what's annoying?

That some people see the thread titled 'Jets Vs Raiders' and think that means rehashing crap about the patriots.

11. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

I believe NO is actually east of the Mississippi :)

12. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

13. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I don't even bother debating with the raiders fans that joined TGG yesterday just to discuss this weeks game...cuz when we beat the fuck outta them..they're NEVER coming back.

SO FUCK'EM

14. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Are you referring to fuckfanken?

15. Ingersoll

Ingersoll New Member

Rob Ryan's an overrated, fat, bloviating douchebag who gets by on his last name. His defenses are always ranked in the bottom of the league in every meaningful category.

The one time in the entire history of the Raider organization since Al Davis took over a DC was allowed to run his own defense. That was DC was Rob Ryan. And he blew it for every DC that will ever come after him.

Apparently he was a good LB'ers coach but as a DC the guy is terrible.

This brief rant about Rob Ryan has nothing to do with the Raider's D, they suck just fine on their own. But people need to stop thinking that Rex Ryan's brother is a good coach. Rex is a damn good coach, his brother isn't. If Rex thought he was he'd be the Jets DC. Note that he's not.

16. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

This is not entirely true. With Cleveland last year his D ranked 14th in the NFL in Points Allowed, 10th in the NFL in INT, 22nd in total yards allowed. Not great, but not as bad as you claim. Plus one could argue that the talent on the Browns is way below average.

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

You sir, are correct. Good catch.
    [​IMG]

So then it looks like this:
    @ Houston Texans W 24-7
    @ Oakland Raiders W 38-0
    @ San Diego Chargers W 17-14 (Playoffs)

@ Denver Broncos W 24-20

18. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Alot of people picking the Raiders.

19. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

This was about Oakland, if you never been there you wouldn't understand

JETFIGHTERS:
    If you know fader fans like I know fader fans there we be a blackout here, NoCal. Raider fans buy the jerseys, but will not attend even one game unless its KC or DENVER those 2 game sell out.

A lot of brew,blood, and fistacuffs! So exciting! We are not their rivals.

Al made a big time mistake offering his product with intension of a sell out. He don;'t really know cokeland does he?

A strawberry and cisco are worth far more than support of you community. Taking you sterio or car or girl is far more precious in their site than attending a game or voting or standinding up for yor rights legally.

Thats dusty dusty baby, and it makes me sick! Crack dealers get to have first dibs at Roscoes Chicken and Waffles. No gang members here baby, we only deal in drugs,prostitution,correption, scandals,violation of human rights,and bias on employment(only family members allowed) You can never get in unless you have family here. Tru Dat!

We better kick their ass!

#279 JETFIGHTERS, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  20. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

They did sell out, what 2 games out of the last 18.

It will be loud,crazy and if you go, be cool and stay in a group.

It's a very sick and degenerate city and has dangerously low IQ levels.