1 of the BEST Revis Discussion threads ever.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Sep 21, 2011.

1. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Different players. Deion was 10x the playmaker Revis is. Revis is the better tackler.

2. 624

624 Banned

Revis just turned 26 a couple months ago and is still getting better

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Sheesh. Why do I even bother?

Obviously, Revis is not a clone of Sanders.

It is my opinion that Revis is playing the cornerback position on the same level that Sanders was playing it in the early 1990s.

4. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Could be. I'm too young to remember Deion and only know him from highlights, really. I wasn't discrediting you, just stating a fact.

I know Revis considers him the best of all-time.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

He had zero interceptions in 2010, how good can he be...........One word, overrated.

6. jve

jve New Member

What exactly am I reaching at? Do you know what reaching means, because it certainly does not apply to what I was saying. The things I said were things that I've seen and read.

Revis has certainly earned respect as a top two corner in the league. Not going to argue that at all. But he's definitely overrated by Jets fans and the media. Whether that be saying he's a top 3 defensive player, that he's far and away the best corner in the league, or of course that he's better than Primetime. That's all overrating. Again, it doesn't mean he's not elite.

You, and everyone else in here, seem to be misunderstanding that thread. The whole point was seeing what people thought if there were to be a jumpball between Revis and Moore. It's a perfectly logical question. Moore has shown himself to be incredible at getting the ball at its highest point. It's seems as if most of you refuse to use logic and automatically think it's a thread saying Moore is going to have his way with Revis (didn't read the thread, but I'm sure that no one was saying that other than a select few idiots that EVERY board has).

That's nice, unfortunately I never said such a thing and everyone on here seems to believe overrated = not being good. If I were to say Andre Johnson is the greatest receiver ever, I'd be overrating him.

^^^ That is delusional.

Deion went 4 consecutive seasons without allowing a TD, only one of which he allowed over 200 yards. The only CB to even come remotely close to those numbers is Asomugha.

Sidenote: I don't know if I'm missing something, but I don't see a quote button under any post but mine. Not sure why.

#46 jve, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Jam.

Jam. Banned

He's not serious.

This anti-emoticon craze is really affecting the board, DAMN YOU JC!

9. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Dude, Revis ripped the ball out of Randy fucking Moss' hands on a 60 yard bomb from Tom fucking Brady. What makes you think a rookie, albeit a promising rookie, with all of 2 fucking games under his belt is "going to rip a jumpball" out of his hands this Sunday?

Better yet, ask Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Vincent Jackson, TO, Greg Jennings, etc, etc. what they think of Darrelle Revis.
    We overrate him? Are you fucking kidding me? He was picked as the 6th or 7th best player in the whole NFL by his PEERS. Not by any of us.

http://top100.nfl.com/
    Oh, I'm sorry 8th.

#49 guinness77, Sep 23, 2011
  10. jve

jve New Member

Jesus lol. You realize you're getting pissed because some Raider fans believe Moore COULD win a jumpball with Revis. I'm sorry that not everybody believes Revis is some untouchable player. No one (that I've seen) is saying Moore is going to do anything against Revis yet you're defending it like people are. If I were to tell you in 2009 that Ginn Jr. would completely burn Revis for a TD, I'm sure you would have said that same thing. If I told Chiefs fans that their CB (a CB that was top 4 in the league prior to the Raiders game) would allow 150 yards to a rookie 4th rounder who is 5'8 and that he would rip a ball away from Flowers during a clutch situation, what would they have said? Stop acting like it's outlandish, because it's not. It's not likely to happen, but Moore definitely has the ability to win a jumpball with Revis.

Ohh, he was picked 6th or 7th by a list that picked him and Arian Foster over Philip Rivers. How compelling.

11. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Who wins the jump ball?
    The 5th round pick or the 1st team all-pro??

LOL. that TD was on Rhodes, plain and simple.
    And, I hate to keep editing, but you're comparing Flowers to Revis to try to prove your point? Wow.

Ok, I'm a homer. I'm not arguing about this.

#51 guinness77, Sep 23, 2011
  12. jve

jve New Member

Not sure. I'm not much a future traveler unfortunately. The first round bust, or the 1st round All-Pro? You could do that for plenty of situations.
    Yes, yes...we always hear the excuses from Jets fans. Rhodes fault, he was injured, etc. In Jets eyes, Revis has legitimately allowed 0 TDs and 0 catches. For the rest of us, he's human and gives up plays. I'm comparing a situation that's similar with a very, very good cornerback.

#52 jve, Sep 23, 2011
  13. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

At least you're being a little more realistic. I guess we'll find out on Sunday afternoon. I've got my money on number 24, sorry.

I actually think the Raiders have a pretty decent team, with a good front 7. It'll be a good game. If we had a healthy Mangold, I'd feel a lot more certain.

14. jve

jve New Member

If I was betting, I'd put my money on Revis as well. That's not really a question. No one would put money on Moore. But there's no reason to believe he doesn't have the ability after all the training camp reports came to fruition against the Bills.

15. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

you're playing vs. us, not the Bills.
    Like I said, this isn't worth an argument. You obviously like the young guy, andc being one of yours, whatever. He's got a promising future....after this week.
    That thread ain't as bad as you guys are really saying. If this dude Marlo Black stayed out of the thread, it would only be a handful of ridiculous posts. The majority of Raiders fans in that thread are pretty realistic, including the OP. Marlo Black, though, wow. What does this guy watch? Does he watch? He stated Revis isn't quick, is overhyped, can't tackle, hits soft. Jeez, I'm just shaking my head on that. And Charles Woodson, possible HoFer, is certainly not the best DPOY anymore. Could it be because he wore the Silver and Black for a while? hmmmmm.

I don't think a lot of people on that board realize anything within 5 years of the LoS is pretty much fair game.

#55 guinness77, Sep 23, 2011
  16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Meh. Everybody says shit about Revis before the game. Afterwards not so much.

17. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

This, fuck this dumb ass retards who come on here spouting bullshit about how Revis is overrated. Then he shuts down his man and no one says shit. Unless you're Mike Thomas.

18. 624

624 Banned

The "cool" posters didn't use emoticons way before JC even got here on his current account.

19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I wish Raider players would call Revis a shithead.

20. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

e·liteNoun/iˈlēt/
    1. A group of people considered to be the best in a particular society or category, esp. because of their power, talent, or wealth.

The fact is, he's one of the best, if not the best, at what he does. How can you call him overrated? What does the NY media say about Revis that isn't already universally agreed on by the rest of the NFL? We're not saying he'll hold every receiver to 0 catches, but he'll come pretty fucking close to doing so.

Even if he's third, and that's a REAL fucking stretch considering mostly everyone with an objective view on the subject places him as the best cornerback in the NFL at this time, (feel free to google it: lmgtfy/com/?q=Top+cornerbacks+in+the+nfl [I can't post links yet because I don't have enough posts :p but feel free to replace that "/" before the com. with a period) I still don't see how he's overrated because he shuts down every receiver he covers.

And those who don't will almost definitively place him as second behind nnamdi, and I'm not saying they're wrong -- it's subjective, but don't act like he's overhyped or overratted. He's gotten the attention he has because of his skills and week after week he proves it.

Want to make an argument that Cromartie or Sanchize is overhyped? Okay, I can believe that a bit more, but the fact is Darrelle Revis is one of the best defensive players, if not the be defensive player in the NFL today. He makes an WR completely obselete, and he's proven that time after time with the best WR's in the league.

It always makes me laugh when people try to bash Revis by mentioning Moss' catch on Revis. The guy had to do a one handed catch extending his full body just to catch on Revis, but apparently that's an insult?

Sorry but if it takes one of the best WR's in the league a one handed, full body extension catch, with a perfect throw on Revis just to make a catch, I'd say he deserves the credit he gets.

And if Revis was a Raider, you're going to tell me you would still be saying the same shit about him?

Edit: It's also abundantly obvious how my username comes off as a total homer towards Revis but oh well ha.

#60 NYDeadEye, Sep 23, 2011